Wednesday - Cheltenham - OMDT

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

It doesn’t say much for Paterson, Kamberi or Sow when NML is preferred to play alongside Gregory.

The recruitment in the forward area was very mixed last summer and will have to be readdressed this summer.

yes Kamberi and Sow should be sent on their way at the end of the season. Undecided about Berahino. But I agree it definitely needs to be addressed in the summer yet again. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Jim said:

It doesn’t say much for Paterson, Kamberi or Sow when NML is preferred to play alongside Gregory.

The recruitment in the forward area was very mixed last summer and will have to be readdressed this summer.

Agree. 

Forwards are always the most expensive positions on the pitch and given we couldn't pay fees, restricted in what we could do. 

Some of the players we did bring in strike me as shirt fillers though. We've been very poor in this department and looking at our top scorer stats is pathetic (again). 

Always nice to score goals from  all over the pitch, but our forwards need to contribute much more. Needs another major overhaul of this department in the summer.

Hopefully today the two lads playing up top can do the business. 

5 minutes ago, Minesapint said:

Your alternative, given injuries etc, would be who? 

Kamberi with NML out wide giving Hunt a rest.  

We are at home FFS needing 3-points - too many defensive players in that line up again !!!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

NML up front rather than wide.

Drop the bloke who’s scored 4 in 6 up front.

Moore & logic aren’t acquainted.

He's not been dropped he's been called up for international duty by Burundi, you're right about Moore though!

1 minute ago, striker said:

Agree. 

Forwards are always the most expensive positions on the pitch and given we couldn't pay fees, restricted in what we could do. 

Some of the players we did bring in strike me as shirt fillers though. We've been very poor in this department and looking at our top scorer stats is pathetic (again). 

Always nice to score goals from  all over the pitch, but our forwards need to contribute much more. Needs another major overhaul of this department in the summer.

Hopefully today the two lads playing up top can do the business. 

I wonder if we might be paying fees for strikers in the summer but it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if we tried to cobble together a striking dept again on 2 buttons and a mars bar.

We’ve got away with it to an extent this season due to the amount of goals we’ve scored in other dept’s.

• Like 1

Just now, Jim said:

I wonder if we might be paying fees for strikers in the summer but it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if we tried to cobble together a striking dept again on 2 buttons and a mars bar.

We’ve got away with it to an extent this season due to the amount of goals we’ve scored in other dept’s.

Depends which League we are in I suppose.

Personally, I’m happy with that line up given what we have available. I would’ve gone with that back 3 without doubt. Dunkley is way too clumsy for me. I would go with that 3 until the end of the season with Gibson challenging if he returns to fitness. Some may have wanted El Pato starting up front but I’ve no problem with NML up there as he will give us legs in forward areas. I prefer NML out wide but we are where we are with Berahino and windass missing. 

• Like 1