WEDNESDAY ~V~ ACCRINGTON STANLEY - OMDT

2 hours ago, Hootsman said:

Thanks M'lud.  Tricky one this, on paper we win easily, but we're not playing on paper. Predicting a tight first half then a Wednesday stormer in the second half. 3-1 to the wonderful Wednesday and keeping the positive vibes going 💙

True.

Football isn’t played on paper. It’s played in mud and sand.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.thumb.png.66f9fde0fe3ecdc1f79d510341c7f6a8.png

"Sir, what are you doing up here?"

"Ahh, just in time Stubbs, give me a hand moving this stuff would you"

"I haven't brought my overalls, Sir"

"Overalls?"

"The dust ,Sir. I haven't seen this many cobwebs since United were getting their honours board out of their trophy cabinet"

"Don't worry about all that now, just pop your way through there and open that chest"

"And what exactly am I looking for, Sir?"

"Why, the celebratory bunting of course"

"Is it your birthday, Sir?"

"No, why would I get bunting out for my birthday. No. It's the promotion bunting from 2012"

"But ,Sir, you haven't been promoted."

"Pah. It's just around the corner"

"But there are still 10 games to go,Sir. That's thirty points, and you aren't actually in the play-offs."

"Absolute tosh! Thirty points for the taking Stubbs. We're going up"

"I knew this would happen. One good win against a poor Cambridge and-"

"One good win? One good win against a poor Cambridge? There aren't words to describe that win Stubbs! If there were they wouldn't be words like that! No, they be words like, well, I don't know. Demolition. Slaughter. That sort of thing."

"It's just one result though ,Sir. It's not like it was a winner takes all Cup clash."

"Well, no,. We were bloody good though! Play like that every week and we'll hammer everyone!"

"You are familiar with the phrase "After the lord mayors show"?' You should be, given what happened against Lincoln City"

"This is different . It was a statement of intent this weekend. We've finally gelled. And then we go fresh with seven days rest and reliving the moment to put Gillingham away, they won't know what's hit them this weekend."

"And Accrington?"

"What about them?"

"Well, you do know you're playing them tomorrow evening Sir?"

"I thought we'd played them twice? It feels like we've played them twice?"

"No, Sir. It was cancelled with the adverse weather if you remember."

"Oh"

"So the men haven't got seven days rest, Sir they're straight back out there. and Hutchinson might well be missing and Gregory will need to be careful having been out so long not to strain anything. He could even be rested."

"Well, I suppose that does change things slightly. Right down the middle. Knocks a bit of the edge off the mood. You're right. I need to  temper my enthusiasm a bit accordingly."

"Very good ,Sir"

"Five nill to Wednesday" 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WEDNESDAY

~V~

ACCRINGTON STANLEY

image.png.323739e0615484ba6fcae8473cb94335.png

7:45PM

Hillsborough Stadium

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE WEDNESDAY

Wednesday may be  without the services of Sam Hutchinson following his withdrawal against Cambridge on Saturday, if so Dominic Iorfa will start at the back.

The Owls did not pick up any other issues last time out, though, and it is likely to be close to the same side that took to the field for the first whistle against Cambridge.

Berahino scored a brilliant treble on Saturday and will again feature in the final third of the field, while Lee Gregory should keep his spot though Darren Moore will be mindful of how long he has been out for an may be cautionary in terms of minutes played, not wanting to risk injury to his main striker.

image.png.1aad6c801d306339cf29525359ed1e0d.png

image.png.8b64c82a6bae250344ddbcac6f047727.png

ACCRINGTON STANLEY

Accrington midfielder Tommy Leigh is suspended following his red card, at the weekend. Liam Coyle may also miss out with injury. 

Ethan Hamilton and  Marcel Lewis will step in that being the case. Otherwise be close to the same side that started against Charlton

Colby Bishop is Accrington's leading goalscorer in League One this season with eight, and the 31-year-old will again feature in the final third of the field for the visitors.

Accrington striker Korede Adedoyin was released to join Stanley earlier in the season

image.png.b9d0cbd5a35bc21e630b19f4b8059d85.png

image.png.0c6701d3cd2fc0ae4b1c63306a496fb4.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image.png.69a52fb8249821621a1e1824e0e40628.png

tenor.gif.53c535e124131d64de0917983c59797b.gif

Hope your prediction is right my Lord, but this is exactly the sort of scenario where we screw it up!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

Interesting team selection. Is this back to the start of the season where he keeps rotating and causing issues?

Going to give him some slack. But brave move.

Don’t like it but adds the physical side of things. Saving strongest side for Saturday away I assume. 

• Like 2