WEDNESDAY ~V~ ACCRINGTON STANLEY - OMDT

5 hours ago, OriginalAlien said:

He's their player mate, they paid for him so they can play him when they like.

He’s not playing 

So I imagine we have put it in the contract that he’s not to play in the next fixture we had against them. It’s been done before elsewhere and I’m glad we’ve been savvy to it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Five Archers said:

Lucky pre-match meal eaten ready to roll

your everywhere and nowhere baby

come on Wednesday 

6B43ADEC-1EE0-4722-8D2D-9F9388A1BF92.thumb.jpeg.07670e7907183294ebc8f95f07cdc1df.jpeg

I saw the word lucky and glimpsed the top of the sausages first. For a split second I thought you'd posted a picture of a lucky poo

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, FlyingOwl said:

He’s not playing 

So I imagine we have put it in the contract that he’s not to play in the next fixture we had against them. It’s been done before elsewhere and I’m glad we’ve been savvy to it.

There's no way we'd be so worried at facing a player like him that we'd insist on such a clause (I don't think it's legal either)

5 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Interesting team selection. Is this back to the start of the season where he keeps rotating and causing issues?

Going to give him some slack. But brave move.

Yeah replaces a right wing back with a right wing back

And a striker with a striker.

Crazy stuff.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Nah, that's fine man management IMO. Paterson is in goalscoring form and Gregory is coming back from two months on the touchline, no need to risk him with 120 minutes in three days. Gregory coming on an hour into the game will be just grand

Shaddup

Easier to slag a player off who is in goalscoring form because of pre held conceptions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OriginalAlien said:

There's no way we'd be so worried at facing a player like him that we'd insist on such a clause (I don't think it's legal either)

Well since leaving he’s been part of every single matchday squad of theres except two.

Once for the fixture we had that was called off. And tonight’s rescheduled. Last time out he announced prematch that he wasn’t playing. 

Im saying it’s either he isn’t permitted to play as part of the contract we drew up (remember it was an 11th hour deal that Accy on agreed to at the last minute) or it’s a huge coincidence 

I am not unhappy with the side but I think I’d have started Gregory and given him the first half rather than start with Paterson. As much as anything I’d like to see the Berahino/ Gregory partnership have a chance to bed in. But I can see why it might be good to have Paterson rough up Accrington a bit and bring on Gregory for half an hour if we need to.