Pierce Charles

I wonder if Journalists are a huge part of the problem, any scout worth their salt will be seeking info like this. 

Probably the reason we'll lose Bailey Cadamatri. Build their stardom and someone else will be able to value them more than us. 

I understand the world is hard though with everyone trying to justify their jobs

Just a thought. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Wouldn't it be brilliant if one of our young uns burst onto the scene as a potential world beater? Out of necessity as we're on the bones of our arses as a team.

Wish that would happen to us for a change.

This just never happens does it ?   Remember Mark Platts  at 16 coming on as a sub for Waddle?   what a prospect, soon went to Torquay then Worksop !   Ritchie Humphreys ?   ended up as Chesterfields right back !

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Dean gets injured we have a centre back in Brennan - Moore instead plays Palmer

We get injuries in central midfield we have a ready made replacement in Waldock instead Moore pick Paterson.

we have a few forwards injured will Hagan or Cadamarteri play instead we play Sow or Berahino or worse Brown.

We have young players who really should get a chance, the problem is we have a manager and coaching staff that see younger players as a last case scenario, when others cannot play out of position.

For me it is most about policy set by those running the club.

It is truly incredible that club like ours doesn't care at all about having young players coming through at first team level while 99% of other clubs puts so much effort into this. Most other managers at every level are judged not only by results, but on how much value they bring to the club as well. Either through quality they bring to the club or by how much they develop players already at the club.

There is no more expensive commodity in world football than half decent English youngster, and we are doing very little to develop our own.

At latest, at the start of next season We should look to bring players like Cadamarteri and Shipston to the first team squad in order to help their development and to try to tie their long term future to the club. This two have potential to be starters here for a decade or longer if for once We don't mess up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, malek said:

For me it is most about policy set by those running the club.

It is truly incredible that club like ours doesn't care at all about having young players coming through at first team level while 99% of other clubs puts so much effort into this. Most other managers at every level are judged not only by results, but on how much value they bring to the club as well. Either through quality they bring to the club or by how much they develop players already at the club.

There is no more expensive commodity in world football than half decent English youngster, and we are doing very little to develop our own.

At latest, at the start of next season We should look to bring players like Cadamarteri and Shipston to the first team squad in order to help their development and to try to tie their long term future to the club. This two have potential to be starters here for a decade or longer if for once We don't mess up.

Absolutely agree, however at the moment we are governed by the chairmans often unrealistic ambitions and fans wanting instant success. To achieve bringing on young players we need patience and encouragement because our fans need to support that approach. It takes time but certainly in the long run brings success which is sustainable. How many fans will give a manager or chairman time to follow that approach. Therefore me there lies problem, its short term that wins sadly.

• Like 1

Going over old ground again but when Moore was appointed with the reputation that he had, I expected a new philosophy and an emphasis on youth.

The only real aspect we’ve seen of this has been Moore’s efforts to get youngsters out on Loan which I’m sure will benefit us in time.

However the first team emphasis this season has been on experience and plenty of it which suggests the club has gone all in this season to get back to the championship at the first attempt and this attempt is very much in the balance.

I suspect come the end of the season we’ll be lamenting the constant stream of injuries and the enforced Covid break just before Christmas. I do think Moore will get another season whatever happens unless DC sells up?