Sam Hutchinson

5 hours ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

Fantastic player, an absolute rock and natural leader on the pitch. Roy Keane wishes he was as hard as Sam. 

I also respect his dedication to the goal celebration by jumping on the grass, landing on his back and braining himself. 

Thought he was going to get stretchered off from that celebration.

• Like 2

darren moore admitted recently that we have not managed the players properly.. any clues? luongo at rotherham away not played in nearly 1 year and was burnt out and collapsed on the final whistle ,he needed coming off earlier then we lost him for 3 months .. wigan away decided to put hutch into midfield every though nearly all of us know thats a bad idea m guess what he breaks down , leave him in defence and probably not . those 2 players fit all season we would be top 3-4 . 

Clearly works with him in defence. For me he's a top midfielder too but it's too much of an injury risk putting him in there these days.

Not many players in our squads in recent years play more than about 25 to 30 starts,  and I think he'll do similar.

However, what happened to all the talk that he'd had a fall out with DM and that's why he wasn't playing. Was that unsubstantiated nonsense after all?

8 hours ago, steelerian said:

Totally agree. Sam is class. And reads the game so so well.

Surely Sam, with Dunkley to his left, and Iorfa to his right, is a quality unit for this level?

Remember at the start of the season when we all thought we'd never concede a goal?

Getting these 3 back playing, with Luongo in front, then Im confident at we wont lose (m)any matches.

No

Dunkley should never play on the left

Never

Either RCB in a two, middle CB in a 3 or on the bench

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

He’s a good championship defender, but I’ve always felt we go a bit OTT when praising Sam. He has a good game and he’s a rolls Royce, has a bad game and we ‘should have never given him a new contract’ 

How many times has he had a bad game? 

I only ever heard people saying the latter when he’s unavailable 

24 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

What on here? Unsubstantiated nonsense...never!

The hutch had plenty to say after the Wimbledon debacle..and he was bang on..maybe Moore realis s he’s the best centre half at the club..and after a few servings of humble pie he now accepts he shud be first name in team sheet..the hutch will be our next manager..and rightly so..but bazza won’t

be happy...

• Haha 2

I don't think we have anyone better at reading the game than Sam. A couple of times yesterday he knew exactly what Plymouth were going to do and snuffed it out. He also covers brilliantly for the other defenders. Definitely his best position,  leave him there.

10 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Reads the game as well as anyone will at this level from the back and great composure on the ball. 

His weakness as a CB is his aerial ability so hopefully we sign a CB to play next to him who will be tasked with wining those battles

He wins his fair share of headers but agree we lack a dominant cb….arise sir danny batth 

• Like 1

Also hutch a natural leader and a winner? Same with loungo with both these and hopefully iorfa windass back plus whoever comes in we SHOULD climb the table as long as moore tells em to play on front foot like yesterday absolute team performance