Gurujuan January 2022 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

Tyreeq Bakinson gone on loan to Ipswich with an option to make it permanent. 

Good signing, albeit yet another recruit for Ipswich, they’re going to end up with several “good signings on paper” sat on the bench, a bit like us with Byers. 

I’m convinced that late equaliser he scored at Hillsborough was pretty much the killer blow to our survival chances last season.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Wigan Athletic are keen on Sheffield Wednesday’s Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, according to a report by the Sheffield Star. 

Wigan Athletic are interested in luring the winger away from Hillsborough this month.

Signed a new contract.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, malek said:

I know We can't spend, but lets create deal to bring in Jamie Mullins from Bohemian. Future super star in making. 

Following the success of Evan Ferguson’s move, Brighton and Hove Albion are returning to Bohemians in pursuit of Jamie Mullins.

The attacker can’t move abroad until he turns 18 in September due to regulations arising from Brexit but the clubs are in talks and he’s already visited Brighton on three occasions.

Mullins became the youngest goalscorer in Bohs’ history last July when finding the net against Longford at just 16 and was one of 11 players to last month extend their contracts at Dalymount.

The Ireland U19 international will be a free agent at the end of next season but Bohemians and their schoolboy club partner St Kevin’s Boys will be entitled to compensation under Fifa statutes. Brighton are also likely to offer add-ons as part of the deal.

On 20/01/2022 at 21:43, Groundhopping Owl said:

Tyreeq Bakinson gone on loan to Ipswich with an option to make it permanent. 

Good signing, albeit yet another recruit for Ipswich, they’re going to end up with several “good signings on paper” sat on the bench, a bit like us with Byers. 

I’m convinced that late equaliser he scored at Hillsborough was pretty much the killer blow to our survival chances last season.

Byers best position is deffo on that paper, heart of a mouse, we must have better in the Us, we couldnt have worse

23 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Wonder if we will bring in anymore signings next week after John Jules if he does sign. Personally would still like us to sign a LB at least, maybe another CB. Still feel we really need a leader signing, someone with experience. 

I think it’s really gonna depend on what we can do deal wise. Unless it a permanent transfer or we send some of our existing loans back there is not much point signing any further loan players as we can only field so many. If something like the Baath deal comes up then we could try that but this not been able to pay fees for players is quite limiting especially in January transfer window.

• Like 1

Ideal signing would be Jonathan Panzo. 21 yo left footed centre half who can also play left back, currently playing for Dijon in the French 2nd division after leaving Chelsea and has played for England at age group level up to U21s. Probably well out of our reach until we can pay transfer fees unfortunately, reckon he’ll be a good signing for an English club though

We’re screaming out for a LB if we change to a 4 

Have a suspicion though that Darren Moore won’t change system hence won’t be chasing a LB 

On 20/01/2022 at 14:49, frastheowl said:

I'd imagine with Storey signing, and our loan numbers now up to the maximum we can name in a matchday squad (discounting Gibson), Moore's probably looking to see if there's any deals to be done similar to the one we had lined up for Batth; out of contract at end of season, club willing to let go six months earlier without a fee.

Flint might fall into that category, but I'd imagine he's an expensive option. Other centre halves who could fall into that scenario in the Championship include Sean Morrison also at Cardiff (out of favour at the minute, will be expensive, but he's experienced and a leader), Tom Lockyer at Luton (only 25, done well at this level with Bristol Rovers, currently out of favour at Luton), Craig Forsyth at Derby (maybe ripe for picking given Derby's predicament, comfortable playing left side centre half, and wing back), Naby Sarr at Huddersfield and Callum Elder at Hull (another player comfortable playing left sided centre half and left wing back), 

If we fail to find anybody available on that sort of basis, then we may well revisit somebody like Haydon Roberts on loan, and be forced with having to juggle the loanees on each matchday...although the likelihood of all of them been fit at the same time, seems a slim prospect!

Lockyer would be the pick of that lot 

Strong defender at this level 

Two signing I saw yesterday 

Max Fleetwood moving as a free to Rochdale a left back formally from hull I think he played in Holland when top end championship teams were interested his career needs restarting but has ability a run in our side at Left back would have improve the options we have there.

Charlton signed Jaun Castilo from Chelsea 22 yes old Dutch left back, a lot of experience in Holland played up to under 20's in their youth set up. was on loan at Birmingham earlier in season.

We need a left back as have not at the club 2 options we could have signed.