Gurujuan January 2022 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

43 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I don't see the point in trying to sign Flint who will be on silly money for us. When we have brought in Storey, we have Brennan and Hutch, then Dunkley and Iorfa to come back from injury.

Why sign an aging player on big money when you can give youth players a chance to develop.

I heard before DM, came here he developed youth players, all I have seen since he has been here is youth given no chance, then only get a chance when other players playing out of position, get injured and no one else is available and then players like Brennan do well and Moore drops as soon as a senior player returns.

You are not going to develop players this way, I would rather see 20 games of Brennan, than 20 games of Flint, that is of course if he last 20 games he was broke after 2 the last time we wasted money on him.

Signing players who will get us promoted has to be the priority, rather than developing someone elses player imo

• Thanks 2

Dawson Devoy set to sign for MK Dons. After selling Matt O'Riley to Celtic they are looking to replace him with another highly talented young playmaker. 

Campained for us to sign both players before MK Dons signed them. Really impressed with their scouting. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, s29wfc said:

Cos believe it or not Brighton were impressed with how DM handled Taylor Richards when on loan at Donny. But some of our know it all fans think cos of what happened regarding Corbeanu they think teams won't touch us with a barge pole. And that's why they are that... just fans 

Yes indeed. The whole Corbeanu thing has really been blown out of all proportion. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, malek said:

Dawson Devoy set to sign for MK Dons. After selling Matt O'Riley to Celtic they are looking to replace him with another highly talented young playmaker. 

Campained for us to sign both players before MK Dons signed them. Really impressed with their scouting. 

It seems they always have there finger on the pulse 

Frustrating really 

8 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Yes indeed. The whole Corbeanu thing has really been blown out of all proportion. 

Absolutely spot on, nobody on here was privvy to what went on there. Also why should Moore change his system of wing backs and two up front just to accommodate a 19 year old with potential. Fans moaned when we played one up front , then they moaned when we did play two up front but Corbeanu wasn't played in his favoured role in a 433.

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, malek said:

MK Dons have completed the loan signing of West Ham midfield youngster Conor Coventry.

“I’m delighted to be here,” Coventry said. “This is a club moving in a really good direction and hopefully I can help make a positive impact towards that.

“I know how the team plays and it’s something that suits me. I am a player who will always give my all and look to get on the ball, dictate play and help keep possession.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swfc1983 said:

I think we might be looking at possible free/permanent transfers, our loan numbers are getting stupidly high unless we let some go back.

Agree,  I wouldn’t sign another centre half anyway 

We need a left back 

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

We need a left back 

I think the Baath deal would’ve opened up another loan spot but we had to go with the Storey loan instead. Agree a left sided player is crucial now we’ve been without one for so long apart from Marvin Johnson filling in.

Edited by swfc1983

1 minute ago, swfc1983 said:

I think we might be looking at possible free/permanent transfers, our loan numbers are getting stupidly high unless we let some go back.

If that’s the case then we could do worse than Andre Wisdom on a short term deal to be reviewed at the end of the season. Dion Sanderson from Wolves who we were previously linked with is out of contract in summer according to transfermarkt, could be a good addition if they’ll let him go for free now.

On the subject of left backs, what’s happened to Jaden Brown? Injured or just not very good at football?

2 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

If that’s the case then we could do worse than Andre Wisdom on a short term deal to be reviewed at the end of the season. Dion Sanderson from Wolves who we were previously linked with is out of contract in summer according to transfermarkt, could be a good addition if they’ll let him go for free now.

On the subject of left backs, what’s happened to Jaden Brown? Injured or just not very good at football?

Last time he played was the JPT Hartlepool game, played left sided centre back and had one of the worst games I’ve seen. Not his position but from what I’ve seen of him not sure where he fits in this side?

4 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Last time he played was the JPT Hartlepool game, played left sided centre back and had one of the worst games I’ve seen. Not his position but from what I’ve seen of him not sure where he fits in this side?

We can't play Brown he is not good enough

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

We need a left back 

We don’t really play with a left back though? We play with very attacking wing backs and wide centre backs at the moment. 

For that LWB position we have NML, Shodipo, Johnson and Brown who can all play there. 

Left sided centre back is the priority for me. We need two central defenders, simply can’t rely on Hutch, Iorfa or Dunkley to stay fit. A further injury to Palmer or Brennan and we are very thin on the ground. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Aye he’s been a bomb scare defensively whenever I’ve seen him play. Just wondered why he’s not been involved at all since then - if it’s injury or Moore simply doesn’t rate him

1 hour ago, s29wfc said:

Absolutely spot on, nobody on here was privvy to what went on there. Also why should Moore change his system of wing backs and two up front just to accommodate a 19 year old with potential. Fans moaned when we played one up front , then they moaned when we did play two up front but Corbeanu wasn't played in his favoured role in a 433.

It begs the question though. If TC didn't fit in with the way Moore wanted to play, why did he bring him in?