Gurujuan January 2022 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

19 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Two signing I saw yesterday 

Max Fleetwood moving as a free to Rochdale a left back formally from hull I think he played in Holland when top end championship teams were interested his career needs restarting but has ability a run in our side at Left back would have improve the options we have there.

Charlton signed Jaun Castilo from Chelsea 22 yes old Dutch left back, a lot of experience in Holland played up to under 20's in their youth set up. was on loan at Birmingham earlier in season.

We need a left back as have not at the club 2 options we could have signed.

As someone posted above moore might have decided to stick with the current system and not bother with a lb ? I personally think we desperately need one so we can change systems and set ups to meet other sides that the current system won’t allow us to play ? Let’s be honest until last week it hasn’t looked very good in most of the matches 

• Like 3

My gut feeling is if we sign a left back they would be more of a spectator 

I agree that If we go to a back four 

we probably have brown the most recognised and Palmer

personally Palmer wins that battle all day long and my point being I think He is a very solid player even at left back not sure who comes in that’s better 

i can just see them being a spectator or non playing loan player as we can’t get all the loan players in the squad 

who makes way with all the loans? 

2nd week in succession Wing has been left out of the squad.

If Boro won't have him back, then surely it's in our interests to try and sort out an alternative loan arrangement. 

Even if it means we carry on paying a % of Wing's wages for the remainder of the season, it'll free up a vital loan spot in the squad.

He has genuinely, been one of the biggest transfer disappointments we've had for a long, long time. Fully expected him to take this league by the scruff of the neck, and be a stand out performer. Instead, he's been consistently anonymous.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Sunderland have made an approach to sign Tottenham winger Jack Clarke, Football Insidercan exclusively reveal.

The winger, 21, has struggled to make an impression at Spurs since joining from boyhood club Leeds United in the summer of 2019 for £13million.

wow

9 minutes ago, modboy said:

Storey apart I really dont think sending back any of the loanees would make any difference to where we are. Oh how much money we have "wasted" this season

Can't think DC will be impressed either, what with paying out for a CB who is then left to sit on the bench whilst the defence falls apart yet again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Can't think DC will be impressed either, what with paying out for a CB who is then left to sit on the bench whilst the defence falls apart yet again. 

You mean Storey who only trained for 2 days .....plus most on here pleading that DM start the same team that beat Plymouth!!!!!

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Sheffield Wednesday are said to still hold an interest in signing Cheltenham Town’s 6’2” centre back Will Boyle, with Football League World understanding that Huddersfield Town and Peterborough United are also keeping tabs on the situation. 

Will Boyle. Sounds like a cr@p advert for a second hand kettle.

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Sheffield Wednesday are said to still hold an interest in signing Cheltenham Town’s 6’2” centre back Will Boyle, with Football League World understanding that Huddersfield Town and Peterborough United are also keeping tabs on the situation. 

would we not have to pay a fee?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

You mean Storey who only trained for 2 days .....plus most on here pleading that DM start the same team that beat Plymouth!!!!!

He's trained and played with Preston all season.

He's not going to be lacking in fitness.

Stoke signed Jagielka and put him straight into the team the day after, which they won.

I don't think 'most' we're pleading for the same team that played against Plymouth. We got away with it against Plymouth because they offered little up front, though they still scored twice.

As soon as we come up against a decent attack, this makeshift defence with square pegs in round holes is so fragile.

I would have started either Brennan or Storey or both. I also wanted Windass to start instead of Sow. Play your best players.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

He's trained and played with Preston all season.

He's not going to be lacking in fitness.

Stoke signed Jagielka and put him straight into the team the day after, which they won.

I don't think 'most' we're pleading for the same team that played against Plymouth. We got away with it against Plymouth because they offered little up front, though they still scored twice.

As soon as we come up against a decent attack, this makeshift defence with square pegs in round holes is so fragile.

I would have started either Brennan or Storey or both. I also wanted Windass to start instead of Sow. Play your best players.

sunderland put Batth straight in also. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Asio otus said:

and when a sub was needed with 20 mins to go and  they were throwing everything at the 'heart' of our defence????? 

* on pops Brown .... that went well !!! 

• Like 4