Gurujuan January 2022 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

5 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Defoe would be a superb signing despite his age. Will probably want to be close to London though so I can see him going to Charlton out of the clubs linked with him.

He has lived in Glasgow since 2017, and was in Sunderland before that.

I don't think he is bothered about London.

20 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Storey coming in is good business. Means that in time Johnson can go back to LWB and Storey play CB instead.

We still need a left footed guy too though as Gibson is never available so he needs to be cleared off and someone replace him. I expect to see this being Beevers unfortunately 

It'll be the lad Roberts from Brighton.

11 minutes ago, mildatheart67 said:

Can't find link right now and it was in last hour that we have brougtht in a 19 year old striker from Ipswich

Young striker Colin Oppong is on trial with Sheffield Wednesday after leaving Ipswich Town at the end of 2021. 

Northern Ireland-born striker Oppong has been in action for the Owls’ U23s at Peterborough this afternoon, having played for Birmingham’s U23s in their 2-2 draw with Burnley last week.

It had been understood that the 19-year-old’s Town contract was up at the end of this month, however, his terms in fact ran to the end of December when he left the club.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Owls77 said:

Not the type of striker we need. 

What a strange destination, aren’t they more towards the relegation places instead of the play offs?

It would be hard to pair him and Gregory together, but he would have been a top, top signing for most sides at this level. 

• Like 2