Gurujuan January 2022 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

I presume we’re after another CB who’s big / good in the air considering a big proportion of our goals conceded are from corners / crosses hence the interest in Batth and Flint.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we’re still pursuing Beevers but not sure if he’s left footed or not?! 

27 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We don’t really play with a left back though? We play with very attacking wing backs and wide centre backs at the moment. 

For that LWB position we have NML, Shodipo, Johnson and Brown who can all play there. 

Left sided centre back is the priority for me. We need two central defenders, simply can’t rely on Hutch, Iorfa or Dunkley to stay fit. A further injury to Palmer or Brennan and we are very thin on the ground. 

Am just not a fan of that system really,  I don’t really think any of those players mentioned are natural wing backs so I think long term it’s square peg in round hole whoever you put there out of the current options 

23 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

He did, Moore played 4231 last season and the start of this one.

It was changed mid season.

Well he obviously didn't fit in with how Moore wanted to play at the start of the season.

TC didn't start for the first 15 games until the Sunderland home game in November. Which was also the first game he played Gregory and Kamberi up front together.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Well he obviously didn't fit in with how Moore wanted to play at the start of the season.

TC didn't start for the first 15 games until the Sunderland home game in November. Which was also the first game he played Gregory and Kamberi up front together.

It's been well documented that Corbeanu was ill at the start of the season and took quite a while to get up to speed, nothing to see here, just didn't work out one way or another.

• Like 1

Just now, s29wfc said:

It's been well documented that Corbeanu was ill at the start of the season and took quite a while to get up to speed, nothing to see here, just didn't work out one way or another.

He had a very short bout of tonsilitis, that kept him out of training for a week.

He joined us mid August and he was over his tonsilitis and on the bench for the Rotherham game on 21st August.

In an interview at the time he said he was fully fit and raring to go.

• Like 3

I'd imagine with Storey signing, and our loan numbers now up to the maximum we can name in a matchday squad (discounting Gibson), Moore's probably looking to see if there's any deals to be done similar to the one we had lined up for Batth; out of contract at end of season, club willing to let go six months earlier without a fee.

Flint might fall into that category, but I'd imagine he's an expensive option. Other centre halves who could fall into that scenario in the Championship include Sean Morrison also at Cardiff (out of favour at the minute, will be expensive, but he's experienced and a leader), Tom Lockyer at Luton (only 25, done well at this level with Bristol Rovers, currently out of favour at Luton), Craig Forsyth at Derby (maybe ripe for picking given Derby's predicament, comfortable playing left side centre half, and wing back), Naby Sarr at Huddersfield and Callum Elder at Hull (another player comfortable playing left sided centre half and left wing back), 

If we fail to find anybody available on that sort of basis, then we may well revisit somebody like Haydon Roberts on loan, and be forced with having to juggle the loanees on each matchday...although the likelihood of all of them been fit at the same time, seems a slim prospect!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

I don't see the point in trying to sign Flint who will be on silly money for us. When we have brought in Storey, we have Brennan and Hutch, then Dunkley and Iorfa to come back from injury.

Why sign an aging player on big money when you can give youth players a chance to develop.

I heard before DM, came here he developed youth players, all I have seen since he has been here is youth given no chance, then only get a chance when other players playing out of position, get injured and no one else is available and then players like Brennan do well and Moore drops as soon as a senior player returns.

You are not going to develop players this way, I would rather see 20 games of Brennan, than 20 games of Flint, that is of course if he last 20 games he was broke after 2 the last time we wasted money on him.

I feel opposite 

Aiden Flint has made a career out of being an Ariel threat in both boxes something we have severely lacked this season

he also has that winning mentality and leadership qualities again something we’ve lacked 

I also think experience at the back does nothing to hurt a team there’s a myth that players get over the hill at 30 and yet we consistently see players particularly those that have never really relied on pace ( like flint ) play on to their late 30s 

we have benefited so many time as so many teams have by singing that experience head at the back to get us over the line 

rob jones

glen lovens

to name a couple recently

aiden flint on loan to the end of the season with maybe a 1-2 year contact won’t hurt at all just having that character around the training ground and in the dressing room would be huge 

defensive options of

flint iorfa hutchinson Palmer Brennan storey dunkley Johnson is some options ( yes that’s top heavy ) but 3 at the back and our injury’s gives us the options and squad to handle a very congestive second half of the season competitively IMO

we are not in the position to be developing in a charitable way it’s about getting the job done Flint ticks a hell of a lot of boxes 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

He had a very short bout of tonsilitis, that kept him out of training for a week.

He joined us mid August and he was over his tonsilitis and on the bench for the Rotherham game on 21st August.

In an interview at the time he said he was fully fit and raring to go.

His version of raring to go and Moore's version might have been two different things.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Injuries meant  he had to drop it , hence TC playing as a wing back.

36 minutes ago, Jim said:

Lack of genuine centre-backs resulted in a formation change.

It had nothing to do with injuries, it was all about giving Gregory help up front whilst keeping the three man midfield.

• Like 2

Maybe that kid from Brighton too much of a risk if he’s coming back from injury? Might aswell keep Brennan in the squad? Flint would love but can’t see happen same with Morrison? Great leaders but be too expensive for us atm would have thought? Agree think we’ll be looking to bring someone in on a full contract as storey is a loan? 

1 hour ago, s29wfc said:

His version of raring to go and Moore's version might have been two different things.

Indeed but when he did play he was our main threat, when he didn't play we struggled to score.

DM, at any other club would have been sacked by now, but with DC in charge, he will wait until we are too far off the play offs and the Transfer window is closed.

Corbeanu will end up being a top top player and it's all about goals let's see how many he gets in the next 20+ games for MK Dons.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Accrington Stanley consider transfer swoop for Adedoyin…..

Sheffield Wednesday attacker, Korede Adedoyin, is available for loan this month as the Owls striker looks to get some regular playing time.

would have thought he’s more of a league 2 player at the moment , rather him be play regular league 2 footy and bang them in

9 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Might be nothing this. Did think about starting a post but I’ll just leave in this thread for what it is right now - a rumour.

Been told we’re in for Madine. That’s all I can say but sources involve estate agents.

Played 17 times this season so be a step down for him surely?