Weather Tomorrow

Anyone else remember playing Coventry whilst there was a howling gale.

Keeper Ogrizovich launched a goal kick towards the Kop. It took off, bounced once in our penalty area over Martin Hodge into our net. No one got anywhere near it .

Hope some footage of the incident remains to show Peacock Farrel

• Like 1

Love this post; a real sign of optimism and a sunnier mood ( regardless of the forecast) at Hillsborough at last.  A day before a game and we are discussing the weather and not the manager’ s press conference, players with no bottle and baffling team selections.  Bravo!!

• Like 2
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

A combination of snow due and Amber warning for high winds tomorrow - doesn't look like it'll be a spectacle. 

I'm coming from Northern Ireland and we have 60 mph winds. Will you guys have that? I hope not, nothing ruins football like the wind. 

1 hour ago, jp1981 said:

Does anyone know who it was we played when Nigel Jemson and Gordon Watson were playing up front. It was around 1992 or 1993 at Hillsborough.

Can't remember who played up front but it might've been the night match against Oldham when the second half was played in a raging blizzard. Think we won 3-0. I remember having to walk back up to Crookes afterwards in the deep fresh snow afterwards, great fun. 

Edited by alanharper

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

snow.thumb.jpg.83b8b20bd09bfab1d71f4f698f91a203.jpg

I remember being at that game (freak November snowfall which lasted for 1 day, it'd have been fine if it hadn't been moved to Sunday for ITV and played on the Saturday), thinking what a magnificent idea it was to play with a white ball.