Darren Moores plan for centre back

It's comments like this that lead me to losing faith. 

Moving players round the pitch just doesn't work and isn't sustainable. While we are at it,  ripping up the play book every Monday morning and starting a new one for each opponent the following Saturday won't work either. 

The fundamental footballing approach is wrong IMO.and not what I thought we were getting with Moore. It's a philosophy I can't buy into and don't think it will take the players long to get frustrated with it.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Darren Moore has confirmed that left winger Marvin Johnson could continue at centre back stating, “It’s a possibility in terms of that because he brings that balance to the left-hand side."

How can he talk about bringing balance to the left hand side when he repeatedly plays Palmer at left back ? 

FFS 

• Like 1

Moore should have thought about this and brought more than 1 centre half whose left footed in the summer. 

iorfa just come back from a longterm injury 

hutch always likely to be injured especially when Moore plays him as a midfielder 

Dunkley whose poor and also just come back from a longterm injury,

we have been unlucky with the Gibson injury but he’s brought 14 players in , loads of who are wingers and we don’t even play in a system where we actually play with wingers.

personally I don’t think he’ll be here in january anyway unless we vastly improve, suppose there is a chance this could happen with windass, Byers and luongo coming back 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Darren Moore has confirmed that left winger Marvin Johnson could continue at centre back stating, “It’s a possibility in terms of that because he brings that balance to the left-hand side."

Jesus Christ! Can we just stop with this nonsense? Please. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spion Kop said:

I thought he was terrible mate against one of the worst team to come to Hillsborough this season.

Dunkley should have played but we should recall Brennan from his loan if we can.

In this league he should be playing for us, he's just as good as any of the opposition defenders I've seen. 

Johnson is not a defender and we didnt buy him to play in this role, yet another one of Moore's diabolical tactical decisions.

He wasn't terrible at all and with Gibson out i can sort of understand Moore's logic in playing him there, but completely agree, if we have defenders fit, then they should play. The first job of anyone playing at the back, whether it be in a 4 or a 3, should be to defend. 

• Like 1

Darren, sorry mate but you're a f___g idiot.

It's bad enough that he's persisting with the 352 which clearly isn't yielding either results (only 2 league wins since he abandoned the 4 at the back defence that saw us win 3 of the first 4 games without conceding a goal) or cohesive performances, but playing a left winger who fills in at left back, at centre back, along with another mediocre full back, just to make up the numbers whilst leaving one of your only two fit CBs on the bench is the sort of tactical plan that you'd see smeared on the wall of a 19th century mental asylum, in human faeces.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Surely Darren it would make more sense to revert close to the back four that was keeping clean sheets.

Hunt  Iorfa  Hutch/Dunkley   Palmer.

Clown.

Absolutely this.

Unfortunately logic and common sense doesn't count when DM picks the team.

• Thanks 1

I cannot wait to hear his plan for the goal keeper presumably Barry Bannan will be going in goal so he can lead from he back, then when Luongo recovers from his biscuit knees infection he will be able to come in to goal so he can be slowly reintroduced to the first team.

In all seriousness why do none of the journo pick him up on being a complete tool  to suggest this. In the first 5 games of the season we played 2 centre back and 2 fulls back in a back 4 and conceded 0 goals. since then we have conceded 12 goals in 8 games and manged to accumulate just 11 points out of a possible 24. 

I think the only way that DC realises that Moore is clueless is if we start getting pasted by teams, because as long as we are scrapping draws against poor teams nothing will change and we will fall further and further behind the teams above us.

• Like 3

I wouldn't expect him to say anything else to the press, in all honesty.

Managers rarely come out and say, 'Yeah, that was batshit, wasn't it? Won't be doing that again!'

The proof will be in the pudding. If Johnson plays at centre-back again, then unless there are several hitherto unseen strings to his bow, we'll need an intervention. 

20 minutes ago, room0035 said:

In the first 5 games of the season we played 2 centre back and 2 fulls back in a back 4 and conceded 0 goals. since then we have conceded 12 goals in 8 games and manged to accumulate just 11 points out of a possible 24. 

Totally agree. Why is it so blindingly obvious to many people with just common sense (I know that's pushing it a bit for OT) when a so called our Football manager with, allegedly, top coaching badges hasn't got a skooby what's going on. 

If he just looked at the results in the early games and the players he had picked then it shouldn't be so flippin difficult. 

• Like 1