Who feels like me ??

11 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Chairman picks the managers, maybe thats the problem.

Experienced sporting director would possibly help.

And whose going to pick the Sporting Director? 

Chansiri of course. 

Is Chansiri capable of choosing anybody to work at our club? 

Not on your Nellie. 

Nothing will change until Chansiri has gone. 

Him and him alone (his decision) is the one responsible for everything that goes off at our club. 

Until he's gone then we are stuck with mediocrity (at best). 

We've got to put up with it and that's a crying shame. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Most fans seemed really pleased that he was given the job, that he was an upcoming manager with fresh ideas.  

Fans soon forget. 

And I was one of them. Thought recruitment was good over the summer, nice to get players in early too.

for me I’d like him to have a little bit longer but not much. The worst bit is you have no idea week to week who is going to play and in what system. How do you train for that?

He has inherited the problems of a club in crisis too, our inability to take points from losing positions and our ability to chuck away points from winning positions shows the lack of character we have in the side

my other worry would be if not DM who could we get

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Criticise his tactics, formations, selections etc, but give the playground bully routine a miss, eh?

This is part of the trap people fall into… years of frustration about being rubbish, gets taken out on the man in charge at the time. 

It’s not a healthy feeling. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'd also add that some of the personal attacks, name-calling, and insults which have been directed Moore's way by certain posters in recent weeks are beyond the pale.

Criticise his tactics, formations, selections etc, but give the playground bully routine a miss, eh?

It's embarrassing.

I can't remember in my lifetime a Wednesday manager being so bad and getting such soft to no criticism for it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, sibon said:

Also, not booing would be a good idea. Johnson was booed before he’d kicked a ball on Saturday. The whole team were booed halfway through the first half. It really doesn’t help.

A positive and supportive atmosphere might help. Even if the players seem unsure which way they are kicking.

I didn't boo before that game, if anyone did I didn't hear it.

But yes I booed a bit in the second half.

It wasn't premeditated just my frustration got the better of me that a great club like Sheffield Wednesday have been going down the pan last few years rather than just last few games. 
Sometimes the club and the players need to know what's been happening at the club in recent history is not acceptable.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, NIOwl said:

I can't remember in my lifetime a Wednesday manager being so bad and getting such soft to no criticism for it. 

I don't think you can really say Moore been getting no criticism for it.
You don't have to look far on Twitter, Facebook or Owlstalk to find people who are not happy with Darren Moore.
Think the criticism of Moore seems a lot less personal than with Gary Monk though.

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

If Moore fails, it means SWFC has failed (again). 

Saying another manager should go if he doesn’t sort himself out is another difficult situation to be in. 

All the Jos bashing, the Monk bashing and now the Moore bashing feels like a vicious circle I don’t want to be part of…. yet at the same time it’s not good enough. 

We’re stuck in a rut of getting rid of managers that aren’t good enough, who can’t live up to expectations and then we go round again. 

If DC actually did his homework and listened to sound and proper advice, we might not be in this position in the first place, but I don't think he does listen, he's playing at fantasy football Chansiri style, His business back home has been running for years, with no financial problems whatsoever, all he had to do was run Sheffield Wednesday in a similar manner, like the Great Leicester City owners did,until he owns this club we are going in one direction,looking forward to watching them v Borehamwood FC in league 2

I absolutely feel the same way. One part of me says we can’t go on firing managers every few months. It does nothing for the continuity of the club and development of players.

The other part of me says we are a club with a tradition. A tradition of powerful attacking football. Not tippy tappy passing sideways and back football but wave after wave of attacks towards the Kop to win games. In my time Catterick, Wilkinson, Atkinson and even Carlos for a while had Hillsborough rocking playing this way.

Sadly Moore seems unaware of or incapable of providing this. He talks of playing on the front foot but shows no signs of achieving it. So on balance he deserves a little more time, but if we approach Christmas playing the same way and throwing away points carelessly the Chairman must act decisively. 

• Like 1

It's not just Moore et al. though. Some fans on here think Carlos is our worse manager in history and that Dave Jones no credit for getting a promoted above our closest rivals.... Apparently it was all meggos doing (even though we were not in the auto spots when he was manager)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

If Moore fails, it means SWFC has failed (again). 

Saying another manager should go if he doesn’t sort himself out is another difficult situation to be in. 

All the Jos bashing, the Monk bashing and now the Moore bashing feels like a vicious circle I don’t want to be part of…. yet at the same time it’s not good enough. 

We’re stuck in a rut of getting rid of managers that aren’t good enough, who can’t live up to expectations and then we go round again. 

100%

One of the reasons why I am trying to be patient with Moore and the rebuild he wants to achieve. We will continue to be on this cycle if we continue to chop and change constantly. Performances have been disappointing but what were we as fans expecting this season? Many on the forum suggested that we wouldn't even be in business, relegation fodder. We are still in the mix in the top half, there's still hope to achieve.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Need to forget what’s gone on in the past.

I don’t like the argument that we shouldn’t look to improve the manager because we have hired poor managers before. 

Moore has been backed on & off the pitch and while I firmly think DC is a massive issue at the club I do feel Moore has the tools to at least get us out the division.

I think we need to hire someone who has been there, done it & got the T shirt. Someone with L1 experience and most importantly promotion on the CV. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1