Who feels like me ??

2 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

If Moore fails, it means SWFC has failed (again). 

Saying another manager should go if he doesn’t sort himself out is another difficult situation to be in. 

All the Jos bashing, the Monk bashing and now the Moore bashing feels like a vicious circle I don’t want to be part of…. yet at the same time it’s not good enough. 

We’re stuck in a rut of getting rid of managers that aren’t good enough, who can’t live up to expectations and then we go round again. 

why would you accept 2nd rate rubbish tho…surely you want to watch us be successful?? 

we put an heck of a lot of time and money into this club to just sit back and watch rubbish. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I think we need to hire someone who has been there, done it & got the T shirt. Someone with L1 experience and most importantly promotion on the CV. 

Unfortunately, with everything that's gone on at the club, Pulis, not paying wages, the points deduction, our reputation and our chairman's reputation is in tatters.

We're not going to get someone established in as people know what they're walking into now with DC, if Moore goes we're only going to get someone in of the same ilk. A young up and comer, a last chance salooner or someone looking for a final payday

No one reputable will touch us with a barge pole

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Blatter said:

I absolutely feel the same way. One part of me says we can’t go on firing managers every few months. It does nothing for the continuity of the club and development of players.

The other part of me says we are a club with a tradition. A tradition of powerful attacking football. Not tippy tappy passing sideways and back football but wave after wave of attacks towards the Kop to win games. In my time Catterick, Wilkinson, Atkinson and even Carlos for a while had Hillsborough rocking playing this way.

Sadly Moore seems unaware of or incapable of providing this. He talks of playing on the front foot but shows no signs of achieving it. So on balance he deserves a little more time, but if we approach Christmas playing the same way and throwing away points carelessly the Chairman must act decisively. 

Are you sure this is Sheffield Wednesday we are talking about?

• Like 2

Just now, Gob_Bluth said:

Unfortunately, with everything that's gone on at the club, Pulis, not paying wages, the points deduction, our reputation and our chairman's reputation is in tatters.

We're not going to get someone established in as people know what they're walking into now with DC, if Moore goes we're only going to get someone in of the same ilk. A young up and comer, a last chance salooner or someone looking for a final payday

No one reputable will touch us with a barge pole

You’re probably right.

My 1st choice would be Warne, but I would be shocked if we would leave Rotherham to come to Wednesday under the current regime.

But I still think we can improve on Moore. The season is very much salvageable. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

Saying another manager should go if he doesn’t sort himself out is another difficult situation to be in. 

All the Jos bashing, the Monk bashing and now the Moore bashing feels like a vicious circle I don’t want to be part of…. yet at the same time it’s not good enough. 

We’re stuck in a rut of getting rid of managers that aren’t good enough, who can’t live up to expectations and then we go round again. 

Darren Moore got the job because it fit the criteria.

1) he was cheap

2) he was not used to working with big budgets so would not ask for millions for players

3) he had experience of league one (not experience of achievement in league one or we would have got Paul Cook)

4) he is a nice guy and he does make waves and that the sort of personality the chairman loves

Football is very simple, you get 11 players, play them in a formation that works for them, play tactics they can understand then go out and try and score more goals than the other team.

Darren Moore's Team Saturday.

He played a left winger a centre back, he played a full back at centre back, when he had a centre back sat on the bench,

He played a full back on the right wing and another full back on the left wing when he had a left and right winger sat on the bench.

He then played 3 central midfielders because his best player is unable to play in a 2, because he is too light weight. Instead of playing the best players for his formation he picks the formation to suit the players.

Then in his attacking 3 he played 2 strikers one on the left wing and one up the middle but because he was playing 3 holding midfielders when the balls went into the box there was rarely more than 2 people there waiting for the ball.

what Darren Moore could have done

Play 2 centre halfs - Iorfa, Dunkley

Play 2 full backs, Hunt, Palmer

Play 2 central midfielders - Adeniran, FDB

Play 2 wingers - Corbeanu, Shodipo

Play 2 strikers - Kamberi, Gregory

Play 1 keeper - either Wildsmith or BPF

In a 4-4-2 formation, a formation that fits the players he has, play a quick pace game getting the ball down the flanks or up the middle, getting lots of crosses into the box, for Kamberi and Gregory but with the energy of FDB and Adeniran joining the attacking and when one winger crosses, the other winger is near the back post looking for either a tap in or to recycle the ball to go again. A team showing some energy and will to win for 90 minutes instead of looking like they would rather be anywhere but on the pitch.

I suspect my team would have won on Saturday quite convincingly and probably even conceding a few goals we would have had enough in the bank the other end.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NIOwl said:

I can't remember in my lifetime a Wednesday manager being so bad and getting such soft to no criticism for it. 

He's been called an 'idiot', 'thick', a 'donkey', told to attend speech therapy, and had it suggested that the only reason he's still in a job is because he's black on here within the past week.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 0114 said:

You’re probably right.

My 1st choice would be Warne, but I would be shocked if we would leave Rotherham to come to Wednesday under the current regime.

I think you're right in that there's always something better out there.

I think a lot of football success is down to right man at the right time in the right circumstances, if Moore does go, then its whether we can actually get that person or if it'll all be a case of deja vu and we're doing the same thing at this time next year.

I'm still willing to give him time though, something has to change, we can't keep resetting and starting again every 8/12 months

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Darren Moore got the job because it fit the criteria.

1) he was cheap

2) he was not used to working with big budgets so would not ask for millions for players

3) he had experience of league one (not experience of achievement in league one or we would have got Paul Cook)

4) he is a nice guy and he does make waves and that the sort of personality the chairman loves

I don't think he was that cheap.
We would have had to pay off Doncaster and significantly improve his salary for him to come to Wednesday.
Plus do the same for most of his back room staff as well.

25 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

It's not just Moore et al. though. Some fans on here think Carlos is our worse manager in history and that Dave Jones no credit for getting a promoted above our closest rivals.... Apparently it was all meggos doing (even though we were not in the auto spots when he was manager)

Meggo as you put it took a broken club and team and gave us a solid base, built a team from the back and got us moving forward again.

A lot of people seem to forget who actually signed Antonio it was Megson, he was the energy and catalyst that help us beat United to promotion. Though I suspect there was someone at Sky helping us, as our games always seem to be on before SUFC so we could pile on that bit more pressure.

Dave Jones took a team and let the shackles off and let the play football and to win, I think 11 of the last 13 games was a phenomenal run, but then when we went up he did not have the ability of Megson to make us tough to beat and we were in the bottom 3 when he left and Stuart Gray took over.

Gary Megson win percentage at SWFC was 45% in 62 games, Dave Jones was only 37 in 79 games.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He's been called an 'idiot', 'thick', a 'donkey', told to attend speech therapy, and had it suggested that the only reason he's still in a job is because he's black on here within the past week.

People forget that these people are human beings, they see them as things that they can just say what they want to. The internet is full of keyboard warriors looking for likes, say something emotive and you get more people reacting to it.

Add into it a lot of people lack basic self-awareness and have a sense of entitlement and you get what you see today on social media and a lesser extent on here.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

We’re stuck in a rut of getting rid of managers that aren’t good enough, who can’t live up to expectations and then we go round again

The thing is, that's how it is for the vast majority of clubs.

You keep trying different ones until one finally clicks.

But there's no point clinging onto a manager who hasn't and probably never will.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

How many managers did Sheffield Utd… Leeds Utd…Sunderland go through before they found the right one ??….If Moore carry’s on performing like he is .. he’s got to go…….In football nowadays… you have to hit the ground running and bond with fans straight away ……. Otherwise fans soon find you out …….Tough .. but that’s how it is..

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, 0114 said:

You’re probably right.

There are better managers out there both in work and out of work.

If we want someone to come in with a proven track record of making us hard to beat and improving the results Ator Karanka, Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce, Eddie Howe, Chris Wilder, Roberto Di Mateo, Neil Lennon, Martin O'Neil, Neil Harris, Chris Hughton, Alex Neil, Ian Holloway.

If you wanted a appointment for the fans Benni Carbone, Paulo Di Canio, John Sheridan, Nigel Pearson, 

If the club want a manager elsewhere Ryan Lowe has been mentioned, Robinson at oxford plays good attacking football, Stuart Gray may want to cut his teeth as a No1 again and leave Fulham he would definitely get the best out of the players and improve them too.

There are loads of capable managers out there both in work and out of work but the club has one big issue it lacks identity, it has a chairman who has the fans as far away from the club as we have ever been. We are not a Wednesday team, the team lack work rate, passion and pride in the club and the shirt, but what do you expect when we have the bloke running us into the ground at the top. What manager would want to come here with both arms and legs tied behind there back financially, but the a chairman expecting promotion every season, with no team or club infrastructure in place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Meggo as you put it took a broken club and team and gave us a solid base, built a team from the back and got us moving forward again.

A lot of people seem to forget who actually signed Antonio it was Megson, he was the energy and catalyst that help us beat United to promotion. Though I suspect there was someone at Sky helping us, as our games always seem to be on before SUFC so we could pile on that bit more pressure.

Dave Jones took a team and let the shackles off and let the play football and to win, I think 11 of the last 13 games was a phenomenal run, but then when we went up he did not have the ability of Megson to make us tough to beat and we were in the bottom 3 when he left and Stuart Gray took over.

Gary Megson win percentage at SWFC was 45% in 62 games, Dave Jones was only 37 in 79 games.

It's horses for courses, rather than ability.

Dave Jones had relatively good players in the Third, but relatively bobbar ones once in the Championship.

Could, say, Wenger have done what Harry Bassett did at the Lane with Booker and co', for instance?

Different managers require different types of players to succeed, or at least the managers we're ever likely to get do.

Give Dave Jones the players, and he'll get you over the line.

What would he have done had he had Carlos' resources...and strike force?

I doubt he'd have wasted it by covering up, as Carlito did.

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

There are better managers out there both in work and out of work.

If we want someone to come in with a proven track record of making us hard to beat and improving the results Ator Karanka, Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce, Eddie Howe, Chris Wilder, Roberto Di Mateo, Neil Lennon, Martin O'Neil, Neil Harris, Chris Hughton, Alex Neil, Ian Holloway.

If you wanted a appointment for the fans Benni Carbone, Paulo Di Canio, John Sheridan, Nigel Pearson, 

If the club want a manager elsewhere Ryan Lowe has been mentioned, Robinson at oxford plays good attacking football, Stuart Gray may want to cut his teeth as a No1 again and leave Fulham he would definitely get the best out of the players and improve them too.

There are loads of capable managers out there both in work and out of work but the club has one big issue it lacks identity, it has a chairman who has the fans as far away from the club as we have ever been. We are not a Wednesday team, the team lack work rate, passion and pride in the club and the shirt, but what do you expect when we have the bloke running us into the ground at the top. What manager would want to come here with both arms and legs tied behind there back financially, but the a chairman expecting promotion every season, with no team or club infrastructure in place.

Some good shouts, some not so realistic.

I think we need someone to just simply it, make the team structured, disciplined & hard working. Play players where they are suited & not adjust for the opposition. 

The difference to DC expecting promotion in the CH with a below average team is that I genuinely think this squad is capable in the division we are in. 

I don’t think this time it needs knocking down & rebuilding. 

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

It's horses for courses, rather than ability.

Dave Jones had relatively good players in the Third, but relatively bobbar ones once in the Championship.

Could, say, Wenger have done what Harry Bassett did at the Lane with Booker and co', for instance?

Different managers require different types of players to succeed, or at least the managers we're ever likely to get do.

Give Dave Jones the players, and he'll get you over the line.

What would he have done had he had Carlos' resources...and strike force?

I doubt he'd have wasted it by covering up, as Carlito did.

If we had Steve Bruce the at the club the time Carlos was we would have been promoted.

DC has made that many mistakes to list, but the biggest one he made was waste the best part of £200m to make us worse.

When he should have got people in from day one, who knew how to run a football club and British based managers with experience of promotion from the championship. had Glenn Roeder been allowed to stay and finish the job he started before stuffing boy took control.

His dad would not go down Riverlin looking for someone fishing in the Don to run his Thai food Group fish empire, but that is basically what DC did with the running of the club the wrong people in the wrong roles blowing smoke up his behind telling him how great he was while they filled their boots.

• Love 1

Just now, room0035 said:

If we had Steve Bruce the at the club the time Carlos was we would have been promoted.

DC has made that many mistakes to list, but the biggest one he made was waste the best part of £200m to make us worse.

When he should have got people in from day one, who knew how to run a football club and British based managers with experience of promotion from the championship. had Glenn Roeder been allowed to stay and finish the job he started before stuffing boy took control.

His dad would not go down Riverlin looking for someone fishing in the Don to run his Thai food Group fish empire, but that is basically what DC did with the running of the club the wrong people in the wrong roles blowing smoke up his behind telling him how great he was while they filled their boots.

Spot on.

He gave the dosh to the wrong people to spend.

At the heart of the team remains a lack of confidence, a fragile mentality and technical issues (worst one being lack of pace in attack) that mean we struggle to score goals.   Last season was the ultimate disaster of a season in every single way - we finished in last place, players not being paid, 6 different managers, our manager was very sick with COVID etc etc.  It will take time to put that behind us.

It will take us some time to wring those big issues out of the squad, possibly like last two times we came down to this league it will take us at least a season.

It is frustrating,  and the manager is clearly making some mistakes, but this season we probably do need to lower our expectations a bit.