Who feels like me ??

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I didn't boo before that game, if anyone did I didn't hear it.

But yes I booed a bit in the second half.

It wasn't premeditated just my frustration got the better of me that a great club like Sheffield Wednesday have been going down the pan last few years rather than just last few games. 
Sometimes the club and the players need to know what's been happening at the club in recent history is not acceptable.

Try Decades.

This club has been inn decline since 1997/8 season.

The main reason why we shouldn’t sack Moore, is because we will probably end up with someone worse.

Does anyone really have faith in DC bringing in a better replacement? Not me. 

It’s very frustrating at the moment, but sacking managers have got us absolutely nowhere under this chairman. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Darren Moore got the job because it fit the criteria.

1) he was cheap

2) he was not used to working with big budgets so would not ask for millions for players

3) he had experience of league one (not experience of achievement in league one or we would have got Paul Cook)

4) he is a nice guy and he does make waves and that the sort of personality the chairman loves

Football is very simple, you get 11 players, play them in a formation that works for them, play tactics they can understand then go out and try and score more goals than the other team.

Darren Moore's Team Saturday.

He played a left winger a centre back, he played a full back at centre back, when he had a centre back sat on the bench,

He played a full back on the right wing and another full back on the left wing when he had a left and right winger sat on the bench.

He then played 3 central midfielders because his best player is unable to play in a 2, because he is too light weight. Instead of playing the best players for his formation he picks the formation to suit the players.

Then in his attacking 3 he played 2 strikers one on the left wing and one up the middle but because he was playing 3 holding midfielders when the balls went into the box there was rarely more than 2 people there waiting for the ball.

what Darren Moore could have done

Play 2 centre halfs - Iorfa, Dunkley

Play 2 full backs, Hunt, Palmer

Play 2 central midfielders - Adeniran, FDB

Play 2 wingers - Corbeanu, Shodipo

Play 2 strikers - Kamberi, Gregory

Play 1 keeper - either Wildsmith or BPF

In a 4-4-2 formation, a formation that fits the players he has, play a quick pace game getting the ball down the flanks or up the middle, getting lots of crosses into the box, for Kamberi and Gregory but with the energy of FDB and Adeniran joining the attacking and when one winger crosses, the other winger is near the back post looking for either a tap in or to recycle the ball to go again. A team showing some energy and will to win for 90 minutes instead of looking like they would rather be anywhere but on the pitch.

I suspect my team would have won on Saturday quite convincingly and probably even conceding a few goals we would have had enough in the bank the other end.

You make it sound so easy. 

And it is. 

DM seems to  complicate the tactics and the players. 

• Thanks 1

Like everyone else I was quite optimistic pre season. Was very happy with transfer business and policy. 

Moore is obviously a good bloke who seems well respected in the game. 

The issue for me is the lack of confidence and conviction in some of the players - exception of Bannan some often seem scared to have the ball. You could say the set up and shape of the team doesn't look right. 

For me I'd be playing Shodipo and Corbenou and having a right go at teams from minute 1. It's how Barnsley were so successful last season. High intensity, lots of pressure. 

We've got the players for 3rd division I'm certain of that. 

People are right to criticise but maybe too early to call for him to be sacked. 

A win and a better performance against say Sunderland and things could look different. 

For certain though - we have to go for it from the off and stop worrying about the opposition and that doesn't stop if we go 1 up.... or 2. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 0114 said:

Need to forget what’s gone on in the past.

I don’t like the argument that we shouldn’t look to improve the manager because we have hired poor managers before. 

Moore has been backed on & off the pitch and while I firmly think DC is a massive issue at the club I do feel Moore has the tools to at least get us out the division.

I think we need to hire someone who has been there, done it & got the T shirt. Someone with L1 experience and most importantly promotion on the CV. 

What happens when he has a set of bad results as most managers do at this  level, sack him as well?

What you are saying is that we demand a manager who will get us out of the league at the first time of asking.

We need to build a team, not this soon as we get a few bad results we demand the sacking of the manager, this has been the way since Carlos was hounded out of the club. 

The pitchfork mentality has to stop.

• Love 1

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

We need to build a team, not this soon as we get a few bad results we demand the sacking of the manager, this has been the way since Carlos was hounded out of the club. 

I agree we need to build a team but we have 6 or 7 loan players as well as a few players out of contract at end of the season.
Aim this season is clearly promotion not to consolidate and have a season of transition.

15 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

What happens when he has a set of bad results as most managers do at this  level, sack him as well?

What you are saying is that we demand a manager who will get us out of the league at the first time of asking.

Your over complicating it.  

He’s built a squad that has 6 loans & numerous players like Johnson/Gregory/Berahino/Hunt who aren’t exactly here for the long term build.

He’s assembled a squad to get us up, he’s currently failing and no sign that will change.

I’ll judge every manager individually on circumstance, expectation & the players they have available.

Wrong to pigeon hole supporters like myself as having a “pitch fork mentality” the second things go wrong because that’s not me. I’m usually one of the last to turn on managers. 

2 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Your over complicating it.  

He’s built a squad that has 6 loans & numerous players like Johnson/Gregory/Berahino/Hunt who aren’t exactly here for the long term build.

He’s assembled a squad to get us up, he’s currently failing and no sign that will change.

I’ll judge every manager individually on circumstance, expectation & the players they have available.

Wrong to pigeon hole supporters like myself as having a “pitch fork mentality” the second things go wrong because that’s not me. I’m usually one of the last to turn on managers. 

But your stood here with a pitchfork.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I agree, but can we afford another season in L1 to get behind what Moore is trying to build, furthermore do we actually know what he is trying to achieve?....and I say that as a Moore advocate.

I'm all for giving  managers time, completely agree with that sentiment, but not for the sake of it. 

• Like 2