Who feels like me ??

4 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

If Moore fails, it means SWFC has failed (again). 

Saying another manager should go if he doesn’t sort himself out is another difficult situation to be in. 

All the Jos bashing, the Monk bashing and now the Moore bashing feels like a vicious circle I don’t want to be part of…. yet at the same time it’s not good enough. 

We’re stuck in a rut of getting rid of managers that aren’t good enough, who can’t live up to expectations and then we go round again. 

Agreed.

It is a sad situation, the fact that we have a revolving door of managers is one of the contributory factors in our decline and the inability to reverse the trend.

Like many I hoped (and still do) that Moore could help change the tide. He did a good job in the Summer of replenishing and revitalising the squad on next to nothing, it gave us optimism and hope, and as we all know it is the hope that kills you.

I don't like to hear Moore and the team being booed, he seems a decent bloke doing a tough job, we should give him a fair chance to succeed and regardless of whether he succeeds or not, he should be treated with some respect.

WTID

4 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

If Moore fails, it means SWFC has failed (again). 

Saying another manager should go if he doesn’t sort himself out is another difficult situation to be in. 

All the Jos bashing, the Monk bashing and now the Moore bashing feels like a vicious circle I don’t want to be part of…. yet at the same time it’s not good enough. 

We’re stuck in a rut of getting rid of managers that aren’t good enough, who can’t live up to expectations and then we go round again. 

Solution is simple 

Grt rid of the Chairman 

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Most fans seemed really pleased that he was given the job, that he was an upcoming manager with fresh ideas.  

Fans soon forget. 

I wasn't, he was average at Doncaster and had  done nothing of note in his managerial career to suggest he was a good appointment.

However I was prepared to give him a chance. 

Even after only 3 wins in his 14 matches last season which led to relegation.

He put together a good squad this season, which should be more than capable of challenging at the top of this league.

But here we are 14 games in and only 5 wins, hardly scoring, yet to score more than 2 in a game. 

The alarm bells were ringing weeks ago with his bizarre tactics and formations. Random team selections, square pegs in round holes and refusing to give players like Corbeanu a chance.

We are going backwards and looking worse as time goes on. If we flounder around mid table this season, I can't envisage giving DM another squad rebuild next Summer and more of the same next season.

• Like 2

So many excuses in this thread, DM is choosing to play it out and put us in trouble straight away, he is choosing to chop and change to suit how mediocre third division teams play he is choosing to play people out of position and a lone unsupported striker, he is responsible for BB taking most/all set pieces YET we are bashing him if we object to slow ponderous play,passing. Sideways and back rather than a quick ball forward to attack are we supposed to gleefully shout ‘OLE’ than instead of Booing?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’d give him more of a chance if I could see anything - ANYTHING - to warrant it.

- Are results improving at all? No

- Are performances improving at all? No

- Is a first choice 11 or defined style of play starting to emerge? No

- Is the current style of play entertaining? No

- Has he show any particular tactical acumen? No

- Has his recruitment generally delivered and improved the team? No

- Does he appear to inspire confidence in the players? No

- Does he have the majority of fan’s onside? No

- Can he point to a history of success at other clubs? No

Even Turner, Irvine, Jos and Monk could answer yes to one or two of those. I don’t think Moore can.

Sticking with a manager for the sake of not sacking him is a terrible reason. There has to be something else and if there is Im not seeing it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well in my fifty years of watching us we’ve had three exceptional managers Jack Wilco and big Ron. A couple of good ones tricky trev and sturrock, a few average ones, who flattered to deceive some absolute garbage and jos and monk. 

Don’t think we have ever been good at picking managers. 

6 minutes ago, paulrs said:

I’d give him more of a chance if I could see anything - ANYTHING - to warrant it.

- Are results improving at all? No

- Are performances improving at all? No

- Is a first choice 11 or defined style of play starting to emerge? No

- Is the current style of play entertaining? No

- Has he show any particular tactical acumen? No

- Has his recruitment generally delivered and improved the team? No

- Does he appear to inspire confidence in the players? No

- Does he have the majority of fan’s onside? No

- Can he point to a history of success at other clubs? No

Even Turner, Irvine, Jos and Monk could answer yes to one or two of those. I don’t think Moore can.

Sticking with a manager for the sake of not sacking him is a terrible reason. There has to be something else and if there is Im not seeing it. 

I'm not a Moore fan at this moment, but there legitimately could be nobody else or a lot worse. We are just outside the playoffs at this moment, we could easily be like a Charlton if we change and get the wrong person in.

If we sack Moore we have to have a plan on who we get next, or what path we are going to take. If we just sack him in the hope we get somebody better and we don't then the season is still early enough for us to get dragged into the bottom end of the table.

• Haha 1

I agree with many posts in this thread that changing a manager is a sad last resort, it would be hard to get a better manager to replace Moore so we'd probably repeat the cycle of hope and depression.

My belief in Moore has dwindled but not died. We wanted young, hungry players, so why not a young(ish), hungry manager?

I still feel there's a chance he will create a possession-based attacking team, and that's a decent option with our current squad – we don't have the pace, power, muscle and stamina to win with that style.

Has passing out from the back actually led to us conceding? Playing a left winger in central defence on Saturday looked his craziest decision yet, but it worked ok and did help us move the ball up the pitch (unless you think that was a factor in their equaliser from a corner, but I'd say Adeniran off the pitch after treatment was a bigger factor).

I think the time a manager has to go is when the players lose faith, and I hope that's not yet.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, parajack said:

So many excuses in this thread, DM is choosing to play it out and put us in trouble straight away, he is choosing to chop and change to suit how mediocre third division teams play he is choosing to play people out of position and a lone unsupported striker, he is responsible for BB taking most/all set pieces YET we are bashing him if we object to slow ponderous play,passing. Sideways and back rather than a quick ball forward to attack are we supposed to gleefully shout ‘OLE’ than instead of Booing?  

How would you have us set up, our best team?  What tactics would you use? 

1 hour ago, striker said:

I agree, but can we afford another season in L1 to get behind what Moore is trying to build, furthermore do we actually know what he is trying to achieve?....and I say that as a Moore advocate.

I'm all for giving  managers time, completely agree with that sentiment, but not for the sake of it. 

This is where I’m at. Managers generally need more time than they’re afforded in football, but there has to be some indication that we’re moving in the right direction. If anything, we’re going backwards.

At the start of the season you could say we were unlucky to drop points in every game apart from Plymouth, where we were soundly beaten by a club with a good manager, and Charlton on the opening day, but our performances this month against very average third division teams have been awful, even by our standards of the last 20+ years

• Like 2

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

There are better managers out there both in work and out of work.

If we want someone to come in with a proven track record of making us hard to beat and improving the results Ator Karanka, Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce, Eddie Howe, Chris Wilder, Roberto Di Mateo, Neil Lennon, Martin O'Neil, Neil Harris, Chris Hughton, Alex Neil, Ian Holloway.

If you wanted a appointment for the fans Benni Carbone, Paulo Di Canio, John Sheridan, Nigel Pearson, 

If the club want a manager elsewhere Ryan Lowe has been mentioned, Robinson at oxford plays good attacking football, Stuart Gray may want to cut his teeth as a No1 again and leave Fulham he would definitely get the best out of the players and improve them too.

There are loads of capable managers out there both in work and out of work but the club has one big issue it lacks identity, it has a chairman who has the fans as far away from the club as we have ever been. We are not a Wednesday team, the team lack work rate, passion and pride in the club and the shirt, but what do you expect when we have the bloke running us into the ground at the top. What manager would want to come here with both arms and legs tied behind there back financially, but the a chairman expecting promotion every season, with no team or club infrastructure in place.

Some good suggestions in there, if we didn't want to pay compensation for another team's manager then Hughes, Di Matteo, Lennon, O'Neil, Neil and Di Canio would all be improvements on what we have now and realistic targets. I also think Michael Flynn ex-Newport was a good manager too.   

Moore is just another Monk type. 

He is trying to be the next Pep Guardiola or something, over complicating the game and confusing his players in the process. 

Claims that he wants to play a possession based, on the front foot style of football, yet he insists on constantly picking different teams, formations etc., which surely hinder any chance of us developing a coherent style of play. 

It's all very well rotating your squad when you know that every single individual in that squad knows his exact role. That means the transition is almost seamless. With Moore, he is just changing it for the sake of it, with no rhyme or reason, meaning we get these haphazard displays which will eventually lead to us getting a proper whooping at some point. 

I don't like having to call for another manager's head, but he just isn't up to it and I'll be staggered if he manages to get this sorted. 

Unfortunately, we seem incapable of appointing a good enough manager to make a real impact. Since Carlos, the only person who seemed to get something out of the players was Bruce and we all know how that ended. Jos, Monk, Pulis and now Moore. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SwellOwl said:

100%

One of the reasons why I am trying to be patient with Moore and the rebuild he wants to achieve. We will continue to be on this cycle if we continue to chop and change constantly. Performances have been disappointing but what were we as fans expecting this season? Many on the forum suggested that we wouldn't even be in business, relegation fodder. We are still in the mix in the top half, there's still hope to achieve.

Agree but we're chopping and changing anyway with the way Moore is tinkering with the team and setup. He needs to figure out his best 11, formation and approach asap and get some consistency. How can a new team gel when it's a new team every week?

5 hours ago, sibon said:

Also, not booing would be a good idea. Johnson was booed before he’d kicked a ball on Saturday. The whole team were booed halfway through the first half. It really doesn’t help.

A positive and supportive atmosphere might help. Even if the players seem unsure which way they are kicking.

The atmosphere this season has been horrific. First time I’d say the fans aren’t helping the club at all.

The first sign of trouble everyone jumped on Moore and the team. 

Very strange reaction in my opinion. Yes we are poo , but did people not see the train wreck of last season? Bit more patience and realism required.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

I'm not a Moore fan at this moment, but there legitimately could be nobody else or a lot worse. We are just outside the playoffs at this moment, we could easily be like a Charlton if we change and get the wrong person in.

You mean the Charlton that we scraped draw at on the opening day and have been garbage since. Then got rid of their manager and went to Sunderland on Saturday and won.

Even if there aren't any decent managers available at the moment, I think a caretaker such as Thompson or Bullen could get us playing better than we are now, until we can get a permanent manager in..

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

You mean the Charlton that we scraped draw at on the opening day and have been garbage since. Then got rid of their manager and went to Sunderland on Saturday and won.

Even if there aren't any decent managers available at the moment, I think a caretaker such as Thompson or Bullen could get us playing better than we are now, until we can get a permanent manager in..

Yep, the same Charlton that are 3rd bottom out of four positions. They did well to get a win against Sunderland, but so did we against Bolton.

Thompson and Bullen have proven that they can step in for a game or two but then performances become very average very quickly. If we pay off another manager to just coast for a couple of months again my head will explode.