MOORE OUT.

Moore in or out?   

381 members have voted

1. 1. Should Moore go?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/10/21 at 07:07

22 minutes ago, JOHNHARKES said:

We are 9th 5 points off top 2. With a game in hand and yet to hit 3rd gear nevermind top gear. Take away the Ipswich dropped points and Oxford game where if we rightly get a pen and score we win. Thats 5 points we would be top. We will get better. UTO.

We don't really have a game in hand, we have played pretty much the same number of games as most in the league, in fact we have played one more than some of the teams.

4 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

How do you turn on a Chairman who is absolutely invisible?

He isn’t even in the UK never mind the ground and no one has seen anything from him for months and months. 
On the Moore specific stuff I think people do see that he has been backed with signings and the complaints are mainly about how rubbish the football is to watch, not how poor to squad is so are manager specific, not about the chairman anyway. 

Protests, songs in the stadium etc. Same as other clubs do.

I agree that the football isn't great, and I'm not convinced yet either way on Moore but it is a very small issue relative to the state that our club is in at the moment. Think back about some of the things that our chairman has done. He gets more grace than a manager who is clearly trying his best.

• Like 2

Just now, markg said:

I agree that the football isn't great, and I'm not convinced yet either way on Moore but it is a very small issue relative to the state that our club is in at the moment. Think back about some of the things that our chairman has done. He gets more grace than a manager who is clearly trying his best.

Protesting, singing songs and booing to someone who isn’t there seems a bit pointless IMO. I’d say it would be water off a ducks back, but it would be like throwing water at a duck who is 6000 miles away. 

I agree the Chairman is rubbish and wish he’d just sell us but know he won’t because the losses would be too huge. 

30 minutes ago, JOHNHARKES said:

We are 9th 5 points off top 2. With a game in hand and yet to hit 3rd gear nevermind top gear. Take away the Ipswich dropped points and Oxford game where if we rightly get a pen and score we win. Thats 5 points we would be top. We will get better. UTO.

You say that like it’s only a matter of time before we do hit third gear.

What we are seeing now could be as good as it gets under Moore. I’ve not seen anything on our play or any sign of week on week improvement to suggest this side will get better as the season progresses under Moore.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

Protesting, singing songs and booing to someone who isn’t there seems a bit pointless IMO. I’d say it would be water off a ducks back, but it would be like throwing water at a duck who is 6000 miles away. 

I agree the Chairman is rubbish and wish he’d just sell us but know he won’t because the losses would be too huge. 

I see your point, but I still can't believe how easy a ride he gets.

Also, I think that having a go at the manager and demanding he is replaced is pointless too as we are doomed while ever this chairman is in charge. Barring his first couple of seasons we have been on a steady slope downwards with no sign of improvement. 

• Like 1

Got to see where we are at after another half dozen games for me , it's results that matter and as frustrating as it's been to watch us this season it's where we finish at the end of the season that matters.

• Like 1

Get rid, its painful watching us.

lg 1 and we frightened to attack teams

moore must be the most negative manager we’ve ever had, given the players at his disposal and the league we are in.

mid table at best with this chap, a manager that knows his formation and first 11 and plays attacking football and we are capable of top 2 easily 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Bloody hell……….the blokes only been in the post eight months (including serious illness, a pandemic and closed season) Results have been mixed and players still getting to grip with different styles of play and formations but it’s not as if we’re in the bottom six losing every week.

For those that remember…… it took the great Jack Charlton three years to finally get us out of the old third. In his first two seasons we finished 14th. Did we complain? No we backed him with his team selections and style of play that must have been very different to the players he selected and had available at the time. I don’t recall any protests of ‘Charlton Out’  after two years never mind eight months 

Luckily for us, he stayed and was given time to reshape the club and the rest is history.

WAWAW

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, markg said:

It may be he's trying too hard to show his tactical side to the detriment of our performances football is at the end of the day a simple game, score one more goal than the opposition and you win. 

For me he needs to focus on getting our game right and playing together as a unit first, once thats bedded in players find it far easier to adapt to formation and style changes. Once you have a settled 11 you can rotate a couple of players in and out every week without detrimental to the whole cohesion. 

4 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Charlton didn't have a squad with the quality that Moore has, an attack minded coach would be p155ing this league with the squad that we have.

According to many posters on this forum, our players are far from ‘quality’ 😉

15 minutes ago, Supervisor2 said:

According to many posters on this forum, our players are far from ‘quality’ 😉

At the level we are at, the squad collectively is equal to, and probably better than most of the league - if played correctly, in their correct positions (why do we still have no left back?) and set out to win matches, we should be top 2. It's like most of the attack minded sides are playing draughts, whilst we are playing chess, just get to the end of the board for christ sake, nobody in this league needs to out Kasparov us, all they have to do is press our tippy-tappying defense and we crumble, take the game to the opposition, let Iorfa and co worry about the other end.

Edited by royalowlisback
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Supervisor2 said:

Results have been mixed and players still getting to grip with different styles of play and formations but it’s not as if we’re in the bottom six losing every week

There you have the issue at the moment.

2 months into the season and we haven't got a settled way of playing.

We know the next game is going to be another different starting 11 and formation,  with several changes and will be the same the following game and so on.

It's no wonder the players look like total strangers most games with little cohesion.

Apart from probably Iorfa and Gregory I bet no other player knows if he'll be playing and what position he'll.be playing from one game to the next. Even Bannan could end up playing anywhere.

The first half on Saturday was a shambles. Basically we started with 6 defenders, 3 up front with a huge gap inbetween, with BB on his own and outnumbered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The jury is out on Moore.

I’m all for backing someone to get it right, but I don’t like some of the things he’s saying. 

Firstly that we will pick a team & system based on the opposition, that instantly won’t work. We will not find consistency altering ourselves every single week. 

Secondly that performances don’t matter, they do. I can’t think of a worse win in recent years than the one against Bolton. I don’t mind a scrappy 1-0 win but we kept a clean sheet only due to Bolton’s inability to finish rather than a solid defensive performance. We simply give away too many chances in games. 

Finally, the excuses! Last week was tiredness, despite only playing 12 times in 2 months and having probably the biggest squad in the division. Then this week we didn’t have time to prepare for a game due to Mansfield away on a Tuesday and for some strange reason we could only train Thursday/Friday. But like I pointed out in another thread of the outfield players that started Saturday 7 of the 10 outfield players didn’t start against Mansfield. Also, Bolton had also played on Tuesday so the circumstances were the same for both teams. 

I personally just don’t believe we will go

up under Moore. It’s probably the earliest I’d ever advocate change with a manager and I’m usually one of the last to want change. However I don’t like the personal insults, seen a few refer to him as “thick” and while I don’t particularly like his interviews and find them repetitive I would hope fans keep it classy. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Charlton if bannan can hit the net from 10 yds there's another 2 points

Ipswich if peocock Farrell doesn't make an horrendous mistake there's another 2 points

Shrewsbury poor officials and a bannan missed penalty there's another 2 points

I know but can't remember peacock Farrell as blundered in another game give Moore a chance changing manager at this stage would be stupid let squad settle down

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Charlton if bannan can hit the net from 10 yds there's another 2 points

Ipswich if peocock Farrell doesn't make an horrendous mistake there's another 2 points

Shrewsbury poor officials and a bannan missed penalty there's another 2 points

I know but can't remember peacock Farrell as blundered in another game give Moore a chance changing manager at this stage would be stupid let squad settle down

He isn't letting them settle down.

But yes, if we had scored more goals and conceded fewer then we would have more points.

• Like 1

Thought that this thread was a little premature

Looked at the league table, and was alarmed to see only three teams had scored fewer goals than us this season. I haven't yet called for Moore out, but we're almost a quarter of the way through the season and that is appalling. 

• Like 1