MOORE OUT.

Moore in or out?   

381 members have voted

1. 1. Should Moore go?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/10/21 at 07:07

Not on board with the out brigade yet but the signs are worrying and we're not progressing. Would make a decision over October and November to see if we have more of an identity, a more consistent approach to games and a more settled starting 11 (barring injuries). Moore needs to up his game though.

Edited by Owl Be Back

53 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

We finished 24th because of the points deduction, the squad was good enough to stay up, and would have done without it.

They would have finished only above Drby even if they had taken all the six points deducted.

Yes , they would have stayed up -JUST. But the make-up of the team would have meant that we would be playing better teams than we are now, and having difficulty with them.

1 hour ago, Salli said:

Poking fun at someone for saying most owlstalkers could do better, before claiming that all DM has to do is teach Bannan to take penalties and we'll be fine?

Interesting.

It's a fact if bannan could take a penalty 

Peacock farrell done better at Ipswich Shrewsbury Oxford Darren Moore would be sat top of league

I’ve been his biggest critic but voted no as he should be given a little more time (I’m reluctantly telling myself).

4 easier games coming up now in which I'd like to see some improvements starting with some consistency with our formation, players in there proper positions and being a little more direct/attacking.

3 hours ago, WTF said:

Nope - it's a decent squad - how can it be far too early? We're in October. We are not getting the best out of them/the team should be settled by now too. Weird line-ups + subs, last minute goals conceded - that is the manager not the players.

Why are last minute goals the manager's fault? I played footy for years and conceded lots of last minute goals - and no-one blamed the manager then.  There are loads of good and bad reasons for conceding last minute goals, but none relate to the manager...

6 hours ago, striker said:

No.

It's not great football, but I've seen far worse. He has work to do though, needs to be braver and stop focusing wholly on the opposition. He's  done fantastically well to assemble a squad, which would be the envy of most L1 managers, now needs to use it properly and stop wasting it by give way too much respect to poor/average opposition.

Absolutely! Well said👍

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hangonrose said:

Why are last minute goals the manager's fault? I played footy for years and conceded lots of last minute goals - and no-one blamed the manager then.  There are loads of good and bad reasons for conceding last minute goals, but none relate to the manager...

It's all about wanting a scapegoat

16 minutes ago, hangonrose said:

Too true chap I agree... In the last minutes of a game when under pressure you shouldn't need anyone to tell you to gerrit int stand and then get yourselves reorganised... Players have to take responsibility sometimes!! 

Genuine question, looking at the league table would you say Paul Cook is better manager than Moore? Because his team is currently 5 points behind us, yet he’s gained promotion from this league before. At the moment based on results alone you’d have to say no. Even though on paper, we know he probably is. 

Both managers have had to rebuild a whole new team, and Ipswich players on paper are arguably just as good as ours, if not better. Cook is struggling to get consistency with a newly developed team, just as Moore is. Yet Moore has gained more points after 11 games than Cook has.

This is going to take time, we have to give Moore the season to see what he can do. If we finish mid table under him then fair enough maybe that would be the time to reassess the options.

We can’t keep sacking managers, it hasn’t worked. We need stability now more than ever.

I think the strong start we had under Moore this season has raised peoples expectations on where we should finish, I’ve always thought top 2 was never going to happen this season. 

Let’s not forget, a couple of months before start of season we didn’t even look like we’d be able to field a team this season, let alone compete! 

Sacking Moore isn’t the answer. So my vote is No.

Rant over. 

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, hangonrose said:

Sounds like they were you're fault if you conceded so many.

4 hours ago, hangonrose said:

Exactly, JOHNHARKES - but you'll never make the headlines with common sense - and most supporters think like you - but there are always the stirrers, who think they must be right.  New players, new league, but same old 'supporters' calling for another sacking. Ridiculous - they don't know much about real life...

Yes it's interesting to see the vote suggests most people don't want Moore sacked.

There's certainly not the impression you get when reading most threads on here.

As usual in life its those that shout loudest that get heard but they rarely represent the majority viewpoint.

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I remember when Garry Monk was hounded out 

I thought he was sacked after a series of terrible results.

1 hour ago, Prendo's boots said:

Too true chap I agree... In the last minutes of a game when under pressure you shouldn't need anyone to tell you to gerrit int stand and then get yourselves reorganised... Players have to take responsibility sometimes!! 

if we were drawing 1-1 at home you would expect us to do nothing of the sort. You would want us to get people forwards and try win the game.

That can go wrong - eg Rotherham at home last season and Oxford Utd this season.