MOORE OUT.

Moore in or out?   

381 members have voted

1. 1. Should Moore go?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/10/21 at 07:07

1 hour ago, JOHNHARKES said:

We are 9th 5 points off top 2. With a game in hand and yet to hit 3rd gear nevermind top gear. Take away the Ipswich dropped points and Oxford game where if we rightly get a pen and score we win. Thats 5 points we would be top. We will get better. UTO.

If it hadn't been for sloppy Goal keeping we would be top.

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Thought that this thread was a little premature

Looked at the league table, and was alarmed to see only three teams had scored fewer goals than us this season. I haven't yet called for Moore out, but we're almost a quarter of the way through the season and that is appalling. 

Must be doing a great job with the defence then

59 minutes ago, Supervisor2 said:

Bloody hell……….the blokes only been in the post eight months (including serious illness, a pandemic and closed season) Results have been mixed and players still getting to grip with different styles of play and formations but it’s not as if we’re in the bottom six losing every week.

For those that remember…… it took the great Jack Charlton three years to finally get us out of the old third. In his first two seasons we finished 14th. Did we complain? No we backed him with his team selections and style of play that must have been very different to the players he selected and had available at the time. I don’t recall any protests of ‘Charlton Out’  after two years never mind eight months 

Luckily for us, he stayed and was given time to reshape the club and the rest is history.

WAWAW

Since 2016 we have had 12 changes of manager, at an average of 7.8 months, so if any one comes in, and the fan's favourites are Lowe and the young lad at Harrogate, that's how much time they would get, before the fan's will be calling for them to be sacked and new Saviour's will be identified.

• Thanks 2

Just to clarify the thread. 

I simply asked the question. It has given posters an opportunity to voice an opinion. 

Perhaps the question should have been... Do you think Moore can change his ways and get more from the squad he has got? 

A bit long for a thread title. 

I personally do not think he has the ability to get the squad into a promotion position. As has been said repeatedly, no consistent tactics and no consistent team selection, and not using players in their best positions. 

Apart from that he's doing a great job. Recruitment seemed to be good but hasn't made the best of it according to most. 

Hopefully there will be 18 teams worse than us and will get a playoff place. 

I just don't see any wow factor with Moore. 

So you're Darren Moore.

You start the season with half the team fit, but end up at the top after 4 games, due to your defence.

You have a formation, the new fangled 4231 that everyone's playing now, it's all good.

Your new striker is on 2 goals in 3 games, everything's great.

Then Morecambe. They pack the box. We throw everything at them and lose. Just a blip. No bother. Striker on 2 in 4. Still good.

Plymouth. Boom. Get destroyed. Concede 3, New striker doesn't even get a shot all game. 2 in 5.

Now the whispers start. Lowe would be much better in Sheffield, he's one of us, after all.

Shrewsbury. We start well. Goal from a corner. Bannan pen. Miss. They equalise and it finishes 1-1. Striker, 3 shots, no goal. 2 in 6.

The whispers get louder. It's Shrewsbury! We're the mighty Sheffield Wednesday, we won the cup 30 years ago!

Then Ipswich, 1-1 again. Striker has 1 shot off target. 2 in 7.

The whispers are shouts. We need to change the formation. Our striker can't play this formation. He needs a friend. When he get's service, he's the best in this league. Moore Out!

OK, says Darren, I should really drop him, but he is our top scorer.

Wigan. We play Pato up in the 10 spot. We score 2. Win. Striker has 3 shots! That's 3 times more than he usually gets, and an assist! Told you if he had a friend he'd be good. 2 in 8. He's got to score soon.

Then comes Oxford. 1-2. Back to 4231. Striker goes off at half time, no shots.

Shouts getting louder. 4231 doesn't work. If striker has a friend, we'll score 2, just like Wigan! He's the best striker in the league! Moore Out!

Right then, says Darren. We aren't going to score many, look at the last few games. Let's sort out the back and pack defence. I can't drop our top scorer, can I? Let's give him 2 friends. That should do it. The wingers haven't scored 2 like he has, have they?

Bolton. He's scored! We win. Told you Darren, if you setup our whole team to get the ball to him and give him friends, he'll score. Never mind changing our entire team to revolve around him, we won. Moore In!

Happy days, says Darren. Let's make up some guff about playing to the opposition, and not mention that I was too scared to drop my top scorer, even though he doesn't fit the team or tactics. 

This is an excerpt from my upcoming book "How Gregory tanked Wednesday's promotion chances and was loved for it" available in no good bookshops.

1 minute ago, A47Owl said:

Just to clarify the thread. 

I simply asked the question. It has given posters an opportunity to voice an opinion. 

Perhaps the question should have been... Do you think Moore can change his ways and get more from the squad he has got? 

A bit long for a thread title. 

I personally do not think he has the ability to get the squad into a promotion position. As has been said repeatedly, no consistent tactics and no consistent team selection, and not using players in their best positions. 

Apart from that he's doing a great job. Recruitment seemed to be good but hasn't made the best of it according to most. 

Hopefully there will be 18 teams worse than us and will get a playoff place. 

I just don't see any wow factor with Moore. 

If Moore can learn bannan how and improve peacock Farrell he's a manager if a team top of league

22 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

That sums up this forum

16 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Bannan to take penalties

Poking fun at someone for saying most owlstalkers could do better, before claiming that all DM has to do is teach Bannan to take penalties and we'll be fine?

Interesting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WTF said:

Why? decent squad and massively underperforming - how is that embarrassing, we're in a sh1tty league and we lose at home to mighty oxford

What do you mean by ‘decent squad’? Certainly there is depth, but i think many players still have a lot to prove:

- Dunkley

-Marvin Johnson

- Gibson

- Shodipo

- Corbenau (admittedly not had much of a chance yet) 

- Dele bashiru

- Kambieri

- Berahino

There’s probably a few I’ve forgotten but theres only a couple of new players that have been consistent so far, Adeniran and Gregory. 

So in summary, it’s far too early to say it’s a decent squad. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Charlton if bannan can hit the net from 10 yds there's another 2 points

Ipswich if peocock Farrell doesn't make an horrendous mistake there's another 2 points

Shrewsbury poor officials and a bannan missed penalty there's another 2 points

I know but can't remember peacock Farrell as blundered in another game give Moore a chance changing manager at this stage would be stupid let squad settle down

All it's and buts.

If BPF hadn't saved the penalty at Rotherham we'd have lost that game. 

If Bolton could finish they would have been 4 up before we scored.

If the referee had given a penalty for handball by BB in injury time.

2 hours ago, JOHNHARKES said:

We are 9th 5 points off top 2. With a game in hand and yet to hit 3rd gear nevermind top gear. Take away the Ipswich dropped points and Oxford game where if we rightly get a pen and score we win. Thats 5 points we would be top. We will get better. UTO.

And if my gran had wheels she'd be a bike

We didnt get those points...end of

1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

Charlton didn't have a squad with the quality that Moore has, an attack minded coach would be p155ing this league with the squad that we have.

Charlton did have a squad that finished 8th the season before and players like Chris Turner, Ian Porterfield, Tommy Tynan, Rodger Wylde. They weren't complete no-hopers.

Also, Moore didn't inherit a brilliant squad. He inherited one that finished 24th and hasn't come from behind to win in 2 years.

If we do now have a squad which is as brilliant as you think it is, then surely that is down to Moore? Some of the squad decided to come here specifically because he is the manager. Others like Iorfa and Windass have signed contract extensions since he joined. He didn't arrive and have 25 superstars all raring to go. We only had about 12 players at one point and a ban on spending transfer fees on top of that.

• Thanks 2