European Football 2021-22

Just now, BridportOwl said:

Ref didn't even play the full three minutes injury time.  Reyt funny.

I've just said that in wrong thread. :tango:  I was in match day. :duntmatter: I thought I was on here. lol

Should have been at least 7 mins injury time.

• Haha 1

Although it looked unlikely you did get the feeling that if madrid could get to extra time that the city team was so unbalanced that you couldn't see them doing anything but lose

Maybe they might learn that buying players they need and not £100m vanity signings is what will win the big prizes

And i'll say it - really not impressed with Foden - him and Grealish are basically the same player - skillful, tricks and flicks but not influential enough

Although they are not going top win the league so it may sound counter-intuitive but Liverpool seem to have so much more about them than city

4 minutes ago, scram said:

Although it looked unlikely you did get the feeling that if madrid could get to extra time that the city team was so unbalanced that you couldn't see them doing anything but lose

Maybe they might learn that buying players they need and not £100m vanity signings is what will win the big prizes

And i'll say it - really not impressed with Foden - him and Grealish are basically the same player - skillful, tricks and flicks but not influential enough

Although they are not going top win the league so it may sound counter-intuitive but Liverpool seem to have so much more about them than city

have got to agree, Liverpools recent signings in Diaz & Jota have been a master stroke

Ref will get a nice reward for making sure he took his chance to stop an all English final. Though there's no way he should have been given that chance by the sounds of it. Nightmare game for City that. Hope it doesn't crush em which opens the door for Liverpool for the title. 

Though having said that, they spend millions and ruin football so Eff em. 

Pep has neglected the city defence for years. 
Dias and Laporte should be embarrassed tonight especially Dias. 6 ft 5 and ducks when he jumps for a header, that’s when he even gets off the ground. RMs second was embarrassing for the centre half’s.

Although RM didn’t test hem in 90 mins the defence still looked very shaky.

Grealish and Sterling - No confidence or skill to take on their man when you need it from them the most.

The standards of the ‘basics’ Real do is top class… despite having some players that people would consider second best to City, they are well drilled and can cope with pressure… add to that, the stadium magic and this was never over, even when City scored. 

City’s changes did make them unbalanced… maybe they need subs with more composure (which feels unbelievable to say). 

Also, what can you say about Pep… Interesting. 

I wouldn’t rule out Real beating Liverpool. 

10 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Dias and Laporte should be embarrassed tonight especially Dias. 6 ft 5 and ducks when he jumps for a header, that’s when he even gets off the ground. RMs second was embarrassing for the centre half’s.

Although RM didn’t test hem in 90 mins the defence still looked very shaky.

Rio and Lescott were just saying that one of the main issues these days is defenders don't seem to be very good at defending their box. 

Amount of times these days you see teams have joy from a half decent delivery into the box. 

Perhaps the desire to have everyone playing great football has seen to people forgetting what defenders are in the team for?

27 minutes ago, scram said:

I feel the same way re Foden. He could well gone on and leave egg on my face but he really needs to start influencing the very big games to justify being in a team that needs to win a CL.

I also dunno where his best position is which can be a bit of a curse. Is he a wide man, CM, false 9, attacking midfielder?

Still got the time and he's still good, but needs to use this to focus himself, he flatters to deceive a bit in my eyes.

• Like 1

Think Pep’s time at City is up for some serious evaluation. Doubly so if they don’t win the title either.

If they don’t, it’s 3 titles and an FA Cup in 6 years (and a string of League Cup’s, for what that’s worth). 

I don’t think that’s what they brought him in for and I don’t think it’s ultimately what the expectations were.