European Football 2021-22

Horrible side by i think it's something the competition needs. Most teams are flair and skill like Real Madrid, Liverpool, City. It's good entertainment having a side like Athletico that brings something completely different, even if it is horrific to watch. Players like Savic, Felipe, De Paul, Jimenez, Vrsaljko are all a mould of the manager, then they have some skill in players like Felix, Correa, Greizmann. Not surprised to see them so far behind in La Liga though, seems like a style that comes to the surface in Europe to rough up English sides, in Spain they surely don't play at that level week in week out

38 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Horrible side by i think it's something the competition needs. Most teams are flair and skill like Real Madrid, Liverpool, City. It's good entertainment having a side like Athletico that brings something completely different, even if it is horrific to watch. Players like Savic, Felipe, De Paul, Jimenez, Vrsaljko are all a mould of the manager, then they have some skill in players like Felix, Correa, Greizmann. Not surprised to see them so far behind in La Liga though, seems like a style that comes to the surface in Europe to rough up English sides, in Spain they surely don't play at that level week in week out

Totally agree. It would be boring if every side was the same.

9 hours ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Not surprised to see them behind? 

Aren't they the defending champions? 

I have no idea how this has happened, but we’re going to have extra-time at Ibrox. The Rangers players should be in the shower, celebrating their first European semi-final since 2008. But Braga – who were a goal and a man down at half-time - held on grimly throughout the second half and levelled the tie through David Carmo’s fine header.

Guardian website