European Football 2021-22

57 minutes ago, Django said:

I think clubs like Man City and PSG feel they have to win it because of the massive amounts of spending they have undertaken in recent years

I can also understand the question marks over PG too, he dropped a massive b*****k with his team selection in the final last year and his subs last night cost City the game in the end

Also to say he’s a supposed managerial genius he’s not landed the top prize since he left what was probably the best football team of all time in Barcelona 2008

Don't you think he deserves a bit if credit for playing his part in making that such a great team? 

Or do we just go with the idea he's lucky?

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Don't you think he deserves a bit if credit for playing his part in making that such a great team? 

I think it’s strange that people completely disregard the strength of the Madrid side as well.

Man for man they’re as good as anyone. Yes some of their talismans are ageing but, that doesn’t seem to be impacting performance levels.

1 minute ago, 0wl18 said:

I think it’s strange that people completely disregard the strength of the Madrid side as well.

Man for man they’re as good as anyone. Yes some of their talismans are ageing but, that doesn’t seem to be impacting performance levels.

They have great experience, proven winners and some very exciting young players, plus a serial winner in Ancelotti.

Plus - it is Real - in the Champs League - it's almost like their tournament and everyone else is invited.

• Like 1

Should also be pointed out that City had a much, much harder route to the final than Liverpool.

Inter, Benfica and Villarreal...

It doesn't get much better than that.

20 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I wouldn’t say he’s lucky, he’s won titles wherever he’s been

As Man Utd, Tottenham and Arsenal have shown you can’t win trophies by just spending money. I just think that his time at City won’t be a complete success unless he lands the top prize. I think he’s said that himself too 

19 hours ago, SiJ said:

They've completely lost it tonight...though Real have done this now three times against supposedly better teams. 

Grealish has been a disaster since he came on. 

Disagree completely about JG. He created 2 great chances for himself from nothing, after Mahrez scored.

The first failed due to a desperate goal line clearance & the second clipped the keepers’ studs.

The worst sub by a country mile was. ‘end of move Raheem’

The RM Midas touch in this tournament continues.

27 minutes ago, Geedee said:

The atmosphere at frankfurt  is fabulous 

The flares, the flags and the singing is a different level to anything in England and they can have a beer while watching the match.  

Imagine how many pages the thread on here would be if there where flares like that at Hillsborough.....are we even allowed flags in the ground any more?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Is the final in Albania?

Can see a lot of season ticket holders complaining it’s too expensive 😬

Expensive from a UK perspective

You can see Albania from parts of Italy, be like us jumping on a boat to Holland or something

• Like 1