WIGAN ~V~ WEDNESDAY -OMDT

Jesus that was embarrassing 

All over shop, can’t control or put any patterns of play together at all 

Midfield not in the game - get Bannan on and Shodipo.

Moore needs to sort this out ASAP, it’s like we’re playing against a Premier League side the quality gap is that big here

• Like 1

A gift of a goal masks a pretty poor 45 mins from Wednesday. Offered virtually nothing going forwards, still doesn't feel like there's a lot of goals in this squad. If Wigan step it up 2nd half (and they've been pretty poor too) then we're toast.

Let's not just sit back on this lead eh? Probably need to get another to counteract the clanger from BPF that's yet to come...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Leading 1-0 at the League Leaders and the atmosphere on here is as flat a as a f@rt in an astronauts suit. 

We've had 2 shots, 1 on target, both in the same attack and the goal sums up 3rd division football.

I will be ecstatic if the scoreline stays the same come full time though! 

Guest mrbluesky

This is sheeite (still) how Palmer is getting a start I really don't know (yeah, yeah, let's bash the easy target), he's not on his own, but he's been consistently poor , totally frustrating game, but we're winning, right?? 

Thought we looked good up until the goal. 

Pressed high, looked eager to get forward and looked the better team.

Last 15 minutes we were a bit sloppy, a few dodgy clearances and getting caught on the ball in midfield too much. 

We need to start the 2nd half like we started the 1st. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Leading 1-0 at the League Leaders and the atmosphere on here is as flat a as a f@rt in an astronauts suit. 

Yea I agree, the build up to that exceptional goal was a great example of interplay.

I didn't even see any other 'shot' on goal.

We might be able to sh@thouse our way to 3 points if lucky but it's going to be a looong second half.

Don't deserve the lead but we'll take it.

Still give the ball away a lot, passes going astray, don't follow up on loose balls, always a second behind what's going on, some laziness from players I won't name, but we might get away with it if we keep our fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, S72 Owl said:

Thought we looked good up until the goal. 

Pressed high, looked eager to get forward and looked the better team.

Last 15 minutes we were a bit sloppy, a few dodgy clearances and getting caught on the ball in midfield too much. 

We need to start the 2nd half like we started the 1st. 

Don't think we expected to be one up and looked to Moore for a plan B.