WTF

27 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Absolutely agree. 100%. Too little too late from Iorfa.

And the rest of them heads down and not switched on at all. BPF should have checked, but the rest of the defence need to take responsibility.

Piffle. Like saying if our centre back scores an own goal it’s the rest of the defences fault for not tackling him. 

5 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Piffle. Like saying if our centre back scores an own goal it’s the rest of the defences fault for not tackling him. 

Often when a defender scores an own goal it is someone else's fault. If the other defender is out of position, has allowed a cross in and the defender that gets all the blame has no choice but to stick out a leg.

The players should be communicating where the threats are on the field. It wasn't the first time our back 4 (of 5 by the end) went to sleep in the match.

As others are saying, it’s an utterly embarrassing mistake from BPF, but Ipswich still had a fair bit to do there to score and our players were totally switched off.

Moore needs to get a grip of this and fast. The top 2 is already looking like a big gap to plug, and that could be even wider after Tuesday. 

49 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Often when a defender scores an own goal it is someone else's fault. If the other defender is out of position, has allowed a cross in and the defender that gets all the blame has no choice but to stick out a leg.

The players should be communicating where the threats are on the field. It wasn't the first time our back 4 (of 5 by the end) went to sleep in the match.

They can’t be telling every player to scan around them to see any danger. Players usually do it automatically, especially keepers. You do not from being about 10 years old 

I played goalkeeper to a decent standard in mens football from the age of 15. If I’d conceded a goal like that - well, let’s put it this way - I wouldn’t have gone back in the changing rooms at full time, much less have a go at my team mates for not shouting loud enough ffs. Absolutely unprofessional of him and nobody should be having a go at the rest of the team in my opinion. He’s costing us points at the moment and Wildsmith will probably get his chance soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

As others are saying, it’s an utterly embarrassing mistake from BPF, but Ipswich still had a fair bit to do there to score and our players were totally switched off.

Moore needs to get a grip of this and fast. The top 2 is already looking like a big gap to plug, and that could be even wider after Tuesday. 

I disagree about the defence switching off

It was just an extremely basic keeper error

The irony I suppose is that PF recognised the Ipswich press so realised he needed to go long

But he neglected to do the very first thing he should do before releasing the ball

And that's what cost him and us

1 hour ago, scram said:

The irony I suppose is that PF recognised the Ipswich press so realised he needed to go long

But he neglected to do the very first thing he should do before releasing the ball

It was all down to PF that one, just a basic error and cost us. Not about the defence. He will learn though, hopefully he's got all his errors out of the way now.

Long drive back and feels like a loss though.

1 hour ago, scram said:

Can’t argue with that. The more I watch it the more I cringe. Lad won’t sleep tonight I imagine. He needs to recover from this on Tuesday or be replaced before it costs us any more points. 

Also, its gotta be said - this is why teams send their young players on loan - to get those silly kind of errors out of their system and learn

And if they don't learn then they won't make it

Lets face it - that mistake didn't hap[pen cos BFP is a crap keeper - it happened because he is inexperienced and not up to speed with the rigours and canny thinking of decent pro players

He will never make that mistake again

So he benefits while we lose

But is what happens with loan deals - and maybe Wildsmith and Dawson should have been getting their mistakes out of their system elsewhere and  not in our net

• Like 1