WTF

It's one of the worst goalkeeping blunders I think I've ever witnessed watching Wednesday (with considered interest since 1994) .  Danny Baker is writing his voice over already.

I make that 7 points the goalkeeper alone has cost us in the last three games. BUT. IMO the tactics are all wrong. I understand sitting back at the beginning of the second half for ten to weather the storm when we are 1-0 up But it seems the tactics were to sit for 45 mins and try and grind it out.

This is against a team that has been conceding goals for fun both home and away. We seem to really enjoy making things difficult for ourselves with our mistakes and our setup and I think we are being far too respectful of the opposition.

This league is so much poorer than the last time we were in it and we are making it really easy for the opponents with our suicidal and predictable football. I honestly think we have more quality than 90% of the other teams in the division. So please Darren Moore if you read this...

For the love of christ almighty stop overcomplicating things and play 442, just allow our superior quality to get us to the top of the division.

For the love of God give Gregory some support and stop playing Berahino as a wing forward when he needs to be up front and close to Gregory (I thought Berahino worked his socks off today but barely got the ball in any sort of area where he's going to be effective) play the ball forward with intent, I can't understand why we continue to hold up our forward play and allow the oppo defenders to get back into shape and crowd out our singular striker, even when it seems we have an opportunity to counter.

You said we were going to attack this division but so far it looks like Monk is in charge. 

We signed all these attacking players and yet we are so so negative to the point I wonder if the manager thinks we are playing PSG every week. Simplify the tactics, give the strikers more support and stop encouraging us to try and sit on 1-0 leads because it is killing us.

If we get the second goal that blunder becomes an amusing footnote instead of another hugely costly error. But BPF should be given another chance, he still looks like he has the foundations to be a top goalkeeper but the reason he is playing for a league one team is so he can make these mistakes and learn from them.....

But if we get any more he has to be dropped. 

Difficult long day...... And I've had a drink. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BonesyOwl said:

It's one of the worst goalkeeping blunders I think I've ever witnessed watching Wednesday (with considered interest since 1994) .  Danny Baker is writing his voice over already.

I make that 7 points the goalkeeper alone has cost us in the last three games. BUT. IMO the tactics are all wrong. I understand sitting back at the beginning of the second half for ten to weather the storm when we are 1-0 up But it seems the tactics were to sit for 45 mins and try and grind it out.

This is against a team that has been conceding goals for fun both home and away. We seem to really enjoy making things difficult for ourselves with our mistakes and our setup and I think we are being far too respectful of the opposition.

This league is so much poorer than the last time we were in it and we are making it really easy for the opponents with our suicidal and predictable football. I honestly think we have more quality than 90% of the other teams in the division. So please Darren Moore if you read this...

For the love of christ almighty stop overcomplicating things and play 442, just allow our superior quality to get us to the top of the division.

For the love of God give Gregory some support and stop playing Berahino as a wing forward when he needs to be up front and close to Gregory (I thought Berahino worked his socks off today but barely got the ball in any sort of area where he's going to be effective) play the ball forward with intent, I can't understand why we continue to hold up our forward play and allow the oppo defenders to get back into shape and crowd out our singular striker, even when it seems we have an opportunity to counter.

You said we were going to attack this division but so far it looks like Monk is in charge. 

We signed all these attacking players and yet we are so so negative to the point I wonder if the manager thinks we are playing PSG every week. Simplify the tactics, give the strikers more support and stop encouraging us to try and sit on 1-0 leads because it is killing us.

If we get the second goal that blunder becomes an amusing footnote instead of another hugely costly error. But BPF should be given another chance, he still looks like he has the foundations to be a top goalkeeper but the reason he is playing for a league one team is so he can make these mistakes and learn from them.....

But if we get any more he has to be dropped. 

Difficult long day...... And I've had a drink. 

Fantastic post - well said.

A goalkeeper checking his shoulders is like an outfielder running for the ball, it's the absolute basics and minimum requirements, it's literally sunday league level telling a GK to check his shoulders before throwing the ball on the floor i can't believe it's happened at this level. He shouldnt need anybody telling him there's someone behind him, he has to check that before rolling the ball out