OFFICIAL BERAHINO SIGNS FOR SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

Get why he’s marmite but DM has  worked with him & plainly feels he’s worth a try. That should be comforting in itself. Given our financial situation I wonder where the bargain basement proven goalscorer we are all clamouring for would be coming from if he hadn’t signed. Yes it’s a gamble but I’m sure Moore has carefully weighed up the risk v the potential reward. Time will tell & at this moment who are we to judge?

• Like 2

Happy with this, last chance saloon for him, not much risk for us…if he doesn’t do owt can let him go in January….on the other hand he could knock in 15 plus this season and send us on our way back up…I’ve got a feeling he’ll do ok though and will give him a chance, don’t care how much of a dik he is/was if he puts the ball in the net regularly 

• Like 2

Just had a call from a Rotherham ( I know ) 

but we all know how much they hate us and want rivalry and he’s one of the worst 

any way his words on he’ll have your lot signed him 

Sky sports praising the move 

think a lot will look at this deal and we have signed some player 

Let’s not write him off he’s a player that needs love not abuse 

9 minutes ago, Hoofit said:

Get why he’s marmite but DM has  worked with him & plainly feels he’s worth a try. That should be comforting in itself. Given our financial situation I wonder where the bargain basement proven goalscorer we are all clamouring for would be coming from if he hadn’t signed. Yes it’s a gamble but I’m sure Moore has carefully weighed up the risk v the potential reward. Time will tell & at this moment who are we to judge?

3C3CBDB2-7F95-4CD5-B0B1-0D8B2BDD6AF2.jpeg

Guess it’s a case of trusting Big Dave who I’m pretty sure worked with Berahino within our academy.

Moore tried to resign him in 2018 but the club wouldn’t sanction it so he’s obviously a fan.

when he came onto the scene he was absolutely excellent for us and should have gone onto play for England. His development at that point saw him ahead of Kane in the pecking order.

He subsequently threw his toys out the pram and wasted his potential.

There was a interview some months ago where he apologised to the club, admitted he was in the wrong and wanted to come back. Claimed he was a changed man.

If he’s grown up then he will be a good addition. I hope he doesn’t let Big Dave down

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

Guess it’s a case of trusting Big Dave who I’m pretty sure worked with Berahino within our academy.

Moore tried to resign him in 2018 but the club wouldn’t sanction it so he’s obviously a fan.

when he came onto the scene he was absolutely excellent for us and should have gone onto play for England. His development at that point saw him ahead of Kane in the pecking order.

He subsequently threw his toys out the pram and wasted his potential.

There was a interview some months ago where he apologised to the club, admitted he was in the wrong and wanted to come back. Claimed he was a changed man.

If he’s grown up then he will be a good addition. I hope he doesn’t let Big Dave down

I think I would be scared to get on the wrong side of Moore

Guest Willow Owl

Welcome to the club Berahino. Could be a low risk high reward signing. Will not judge you on your past but what you do for the Owls. 

Good luck 

Good. Normally this kind of signing is a ‘hail Mary’ punt for us but it’s actually a bit of a gamble on the back of many many good solid signings. I hope it works out and he could be a great asset but if he isn’t much cop then fair enough, it was very much worth a go. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Let’s hope so eh ?

Sometimes mangers can be arrogant and believe they can turn around the careers of fallen angels where others have failed. Ravel Morrison, Michael Johnson, Andre Green, John Bostock, Francis Jeffers, Nile Ranger and many more say otherwise. 

Yep, Moore doesn't strike me as the arrogant sort though. I get the feeling from him that if SB steps out of line he will be gone. 

I don't understand the negativity tbh.

He will be on very low wages and if he doesn't cut the mustard it won't be a drain on the club.

But...

I think we can all agree this lad has ability and if it works he could fire us up. 

• Like 1

A player I have disliked in the past for many reasons 

Refusing to play to force a move 

Drugs and getting banned from playing 

Starting a charity and keeping the money

Drink driving

Generally being rubbish and not scoring for 2.5 years 

And he’s one of these types that says he’s religious and does bible studies; born against Christian type.  But still acts that acts like a complete idiot

Good luck SWFC with this signing 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Rogers said:

A player I have disliked in the past for many reasons 

Refusing to play to force a move 

Drugs and getting banned from playing 

Starting a charity and keeping the money

Drink driving

Generally being rubbish and not scoring for 2.5 years 

And he’s one of these types that says he’s religious and does bible studies; born against Christian type.  But still acts that acts like a complete idiot

Good luck SWFC with this signing 

how I feel also. Some of the things he has done are disgraceful. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

It's funny reading threads like these, it's like the "whiter than white, never ever ever dropped a b---ock, made a mistake" brigade come out all holier than thou........ Made me smile anyway. 

There is making a mistake and learning from it and then there are people that don’t learn from the mistakes. He has made a hell of a lot of them. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

There is making a mistake and learning from it and then there are people that don’t learn from the mistakes. He has made a hell of a lot of them. 

Time to move on then isn't it, if the Manager of our team thinks he can be an asset, then I will trust him to do the right thing.