OFFICIAL BERAHINO SIGNS FOR SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

To the people saying he’s a trouble causer etc.

Bannan has been done for the same offence in the past, and dressing room disrupter Kamberi hasn’t exactly caused the uproar his dissenters told us he would. 

Edited by NeonLeon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TommyCraig said:

Whilst I won't boo him or indeed make any noise at all, I'm shaking my head a little at this one. Three times convicted of drink driving means no empathy from me at all, should have gone inside. Hope he has become a better person, time will tell. 

We also have a very senior player who has been caught under the influence a couple of times. I’m really against drinking driving obviously and there shouldn’t be an excuse, but watch the podcast and you’ll see at least why he did it once after being robbed at knife point. Understanding why someone is how they are or where they have come from allows you to relate to that person more. Certain behaviours can’t be excused, but people can be helped so it may not happen again. There are always two sides to a story and with the right people around him I believe his career would have taken a different trajectory. 

• Like 1

Just now, Miffed said:

Is that even a thing?

Usually now a player asks for £5k a week so he’s offered £1k a week and a £4K appearance fee. I’d imagine that’s the type of deal Hutchinson was on when he came back earlier this year. 

2 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

We also have a very senior player who has been caught under the influence a couple of times. I’m really against drinking driving obviously and there shouldn’t be an excuse, but watch the podcast and you’ll see at least why he did it once after being robbed at knife point. Understanding why someone is how they are or where they have come from allows you to relate to that person more. Certain behaviours can’t be excused, but people can be helped so it may not happen again. There are always two sides to a story and with the right people around him I believe his career would have taken a different trajectory. 

Yes, I don't want him to be hanged, but if like me and my family, you've suffered at the hands of a drink driver, and I'm sure many supporters of this club have too., then it's a little hard to swallow. It's 3 times not just the once, and the court found his excuse on the 3rd occasion to be bs. Add this to his other behaviours and he's a lucky boy to be employed by a club such as ours. Like I say, I hope he's become a better man as we often do when we get older. I'm not cheering this signing but not blaming anyone that does 

Blimey, bit left field, but given the talent that DM has already bought in (Adeniran, Byers, Gregory etc etc) got to trust DM on this one. If we can get him firing and play to his strengths, League 1 will have a new player of the season - given the League wage limits and our 'soft' embargo, has to be a relatively low cost risk.

Normally I'd look at this type of signing as desperate. Something reminiscent of signing Jeffers all those years ago. 

But with Darren Moore as our manager it just doesn't feel that way. I feel quite excited about this. If anyone can take a player like Berahino and make it come good, I just feel its Darren Moore. 

Here's hoping 

• Like 1