OFFICIAL BERAHINO SIGNS FOR SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

When we got Moore his strategy before seemed to be loans and taking in unwanted never has beens.....

I have been worried because we have needed to focus more on getting in better quality up front. A few less winger and a decent striker..... 

We have a young guy with good movement and older guy more physical and now a player who played in the premiership.... of the ones I've seen. GOALS GOALS GOALS 

None have any kind of decent scoring record at all. We just have to hope a player from a higher level generally can be very different at our level. 

I understand our situation and so far the trans we have played have been below what I expected. I just hope Moore can do what Monk etal failed to do last season. The recruitment given the standard is actually pretty good given the circumstances but Moore has to transform those strikers to do anything. We can be awesome but with out a finish we will fade and falter.

Just hope he's one he'll of a coach.... 

Let's hope he is and will be one of the best in the country if he does 

The more I think about this one, the more I like it.

Nobody seems to doubt his ability as a player or goalscorer, it’s more about the daft things he does. 

Moore knows him and thinks he can get the most out of him. If Moore does the father figure thing right, this has to be a no-brainer. This is a very good footballer playing in a poor League 1 way below the level he’s played at recently.

Interested in buying him over the last few years....Spurs, Liverpool, Man Utd.

Age - still in his 20s. 28 years old

Well worth a gamble.

• Like 7

Do we know what shape he is in at the moment? Has he had a full pre season with a club? Would like to think we can have him on the bench for Shrewsbury? We have a run of tough looking games mid September and through October so would be good to have him as a option at least. 

Seems Saido has taken a considerable pay cut to come to play for DM, so that is encouraging and might suggest he's intent on restoring his reputation. We'll have to wait and see. Certainly added interest to a season that I am increasingly optimistic about.

Must say DC is really backing his manager 100%.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

Do we know what shape he is in at the moment? Has he had a full pre season with a club? Would like to think we can have him on the bench for Shrewsbury? We have a run of tough looking games mid September and through October so would be good to have him as a option at least. 

Think he was on the bench at the weekend which suggests he's near or at full fitness. Of course he may have to wait his chance as he is currently isolating and won't be training till next week so it may take more time to integrate him into the squad.

3 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Think he was on the bench at the weekend which suggests he's near or at full fitness. Of course he may have to wait his chance as he is currently isolating and won't be training till next week so it may take more time to integrate him into the squad.

Why is he isolating?

I'm looking to come over soon and as I understand it(which to be fair is tricky because it changes weekly) you only need a Covid test within 2 days of coming to the UK, then another within 2 days of getting there, no quarantine necessary.

17 hours ago, theowlsman said:

The more I think about this one, the more I like it.

Nobody seems to doubt his ability as a player or goalscorer, it’s more about the daft things he does. 

Moore knows him and thinks he can get the most out of him. If Moore does the father figure thing right, this has to be a no-brainer. This is a very good footballer playing in a poor League 1 way below the level he’s played at recently.

Interested in buying him over the last few years....Spurs, Liverpool, Man Utd.

Age - still in his 20s. 28 years old

Well worth a gamble.

I do doubt his ability as a goal scorer. I trust Moore’s judgement though 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

I'm with you on this one Si (not the corblimey one thou).

After hearing that Moore has kept in touch with Berahino since West Brom, he could just be the father figure Saido needs.

Being in Belgium for 2 years will have helped too, it's as boring as feck.

Are you feeling well Andy? You’re agreeing with me on summat? 

Ok then mate, I can agree with you too. Belgium is boring. Come home.

4 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Trapezoid, although he fluctuates between that and a scalene depending on weather conditions.

You're welcome btw.

If Charlton, Sunderland or an another rival in our division would have signed him, I'd have been a little envious and worried to be fair. Think it would have been a decent gamble for a Championship side to take, so having him in League 1 is quite exciting.

Read that Rangers wanted him last season as a replacement for Morelos, if he left, and Celtic were interested aswell, so perhaps it wasn't such an outlandish move after all and still highly thought of.

Plus, seems to do well in blue and white stripes...not so great in red and white! Let's av it!!!

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313

I don't get why he's so highly thought of because apart from 2014-15 when he got 20 goals in 45 games in all competitions with the league games being the top flight, his goal scoring record is pretty average to awful. Feels a bit like a flash in the pan as he's not done anything either before or since that.

Then you add on his personal problems and what people within the game have said about him and he seems like a bad egg, a negative influence.

Happy for Moore to give him a go and maybe given its League 1 he'll be more free scoring, but hoping financially its not cost us much in either fees or wages.

3 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

Why is he isolating?

I'm looking to come over soon and as I understand it(which to be fair is tricky because it changes weekly) you only need a Covid test within 2 days of coming to the UK, then another within 2 days of getting there, no quarantine necessary.

Correct if fully vaccinated.

I presume he isn't so he will isolate for 10 days but could do a Test to Release on day 5.

34 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Correct if fully vaccinated.

I presume he isn't so he will isolate for 10 days but could do a Test to Release on day 5.

...have I got this right? Does this mean he won't be here this week due to not being vaccinated, otherwise if he was vaccinated he could be? 

1 hour ago, 4evaowl said:

...have I got this right? Does this mean he won't be here this week due to not being vaccinated, otherwise if he was vaccinated he could be? 

Yes if he's entering England from Belgium which is an Amber list country. Though he could cut the 10 day isolation period to 5 days with a negative test to release. This is assuming he isn't vaccinated and we don't know what day he arrived here. If it was yesterday in theory he could be free to train on Monday.

1 minute ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Yes if he's entering England from Belgium which is an Amber list country. Though he could cut the 10 day isolation period to 5 days with a negative test to release. This is assuming he isn't vaccinated and we don't know what day he arrived here. If it was yesterday in theory he could be free to train on Monday.

Cheers.