OFFICIAL BERAHINO SIGNS FOR SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

11 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

He'll be vaccinated, we're well up to his age group and I believe footy players have to be vaxed to play.

I don't know about Belgium but they don't have to be vaccinated here, it's down to personal choice.

I'm sure I saw an article somewhere in which DM said he was having to isolate.

Edited by Tommy Crawshaw

11 hours ago, Dollydaydream said:

Think he's kept out of bother for a couple of years now. The Rio podcast certainly changed my perspective on him. You should give it a listen oh righteous one.

I tried listening to dat bro but could only do a few minutes as all that street talk is doin my 'ead in man innit.

4 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I’m not much older than 30 and I’ve had the vaccine as have most of my friends.. I just think the evidence is clear and it’s stupid to not have it. It protects against long covid and reduces transmission which slows the spread, so it’s not just important for your own health but for the health of everyone around you. They need to spend less time of social media and more time listening to medics.

Berahino is unavailable for us because he’s not bothered to have it so he has to self isolate. It’s just lazy

As I said, I don’t want to make this a covid thread, so firstly don’t make assumptions about me, because you know nothing about me.

Secondly why aren’t you twisting your knickers about Kamberi and Sow who both had to isolate. Does that say “ all you need to know about them” or are they “ just lazy “ too?

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, Plonk said:

As I said, I don’t want to make this a covid thread, so firstly don’t make assumptions about me, because you know nothing about me.

Secondly why aren’t you twisting your knickers about Kamberi and Sow who both had to isolate. Does that say “ all you need to know about them” or are they “ just lazy “ too?

Not said anything about you so not sure what you’re on about tbh. I just think people not taking the vaccine are a bit dim, doesn’t matter who they are.

Didn’t know Kamberi and Sow hadn’t had it, just commented because it was brought up in this thread that Berahino hadn’t. So people are talking about him not the others. But yeah they’re all dumb if they’ve not had it.

But with Berahino in particular, listening to the Glen Johnson interview he basically said that he would be the exact opposite of what people told him to do just to be awkward. That’s why I said it sums him up if he’s not had it

12 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Not said anything about you so not sure what you’re on about tbh. I just think people not taking the vaccine are a bit dim, doesn’t matter who they are.

Didn’t know Kamberi and Sow hadn’t had it, just commented because it was brought up in this thread that Berahino hadn’t. So people are talking about him not the others. But yeah they’re all dumb if they’ve not had it.

But with Berahino in particular, listening to the Glen Johnson interview he basically said that he would be the exact opposite of what people told him to do just to be awkward. That’s why I said it sums him up if he’s not had it

You said “ they should spend less time on social media and more time listening to medics” as you you were responding to my post I presumed you were referring to me. So now three of our players are “ dumb” because they don’t agree with you? And your basing your views on Berahino on what Glenn Johnson said in the press.  Maybe the irony of that is lost on you, because everything in the MSM is absolutely true of course isn’t it?

Im prepared to give the kid a chance to rebuild his career, I’m prepared to see what Sow and Kamberi bring to the team. I’m not really interested if they made mistakes as a youngster, or have had the jab or not.

What next? Trawl his social media posts to see if he posted some crap joke when he was fifteen that’s now deemed offensive?

Cut the lad some slack.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
34 minutes ago, Plonk said:

You said “ they should spend less time on social media and more time listening to medics” as you you were responding to my post I presumed you were referring to me. So now three of our players are “ dumb” because they don’t agree with you? And your basing your views on Berahino on what Glenn Johnson said in the press.  Maybe the irony of that is lost on you, because everything in the MSM is absolutely true of course isn’t it?

Im prepared to give the kid a chance to rebuild his career, I’m prepared to see what Sow and Kamberi bring to the team. I’m not really interested if they made mistakes as a youngster, or have had the jab or not.

What next? Trawl his social media posts to see if he posted some crap joke when he was fifteen that’s now deemed offensive?

Cut the lad some slack.

I was talking about the players, footballers in general.. hadn’t even registered who I’m replying to. 

Yeah I think everyone should have the jab, but it’s a personal choice. But not having the jab has prevented him from working so it should be a no brainer to have it.

I mean I can’t see what the media has to do with it, you’re saying that as if it’s fake news or something. The video of Glenn Johnson is posted in this thread so it’s not fake news, it’s what he actually said. Got no reason to disbelieve him.. The lad seems unprofessional  

43 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I was talking about the players, footballers in general.. hadn’t even registered who I’m replying to. 

Yeah I think everyone should have the jab, but it’s a personal choice. But not having the jab has prevented him from working so it should be a no brainer to have it.

I mean I can’t see what the media has to do with it, you’re saying that as if it’s fake news or something. The video of Glenn Johnson is posted in this thread so it’s not fake news, it’s what he actually said. Got no reason to disbelieve him.. The lad seems unprofessional  

To me, it's immaterial what Glenn Johnson has said, like it's immaterial what Darren Fletcher has said. Glenn didn't like him; Darren did. Who cares what either of them think? Whilst they are entitled to their opinion, it really doesn't make a squat of difference to us as fans. We should make our own opinions on what we see, not what has happened in the past or stories we hear or read, from ex-players.

As for being unprofessional, I don't think that is the case. I know many players who suffer with mental illness and it's only in the past few years that players have found the courage in an ego-driven, testosterone-fueled environment, to stand up and say "I've got issues".  Before it was a sign of weakness, now it's a sign of strength to admit these things. Berahino himself has explained why he was struggling, and whilst it is not an excuse for his behaviour on, or off, the field, it is a reason and one that shouldn't be ignored in his defence. He comes to us with a clean slate and it's what he does in his time with us that will dictate our opinions and feelings towards him as a player.

As for him having the jab, it's his body so his choice. Whether or not you personally think it is dumb not to have it, you aren't Berahino. He may not have been offered it (I've no idea if that is the case), or like many others concerned about having what is essentially a trial vaccination, he may have decided against it. It seems, according to Government figures which can easily be obfuscated (I'm not saying they are) that it reduces the risk of hospitalisation and new reports are suggesting it can also reduce long-Covid. What it certainly isn't doing is stopping the spread, otherwise we would have very few cases in the U.K., seeing as most people are fully vaccinated. So I get why some people don't want it. Berahino might be one of those, and that has nothing to do with us as fans.

Just my opinions, not a pop at you.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, devonshire owl said:

Let's hope he doesn't upset the dressing room,seems to be a good spirit there at the moment.!!!

This is my worry.

We seem to have a happy and tight dressing room at the moment and don't need someone with a bad attitude coming in and upsetting it.

I'm not saying that's what SB will do but I'm sure if DM saw that happening he would put a stop to it, as would some of the senior players.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

years back yes course lets go for today? 

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, ChapSmurf said:

To me, it's immaterial what Glenn Johnson has said, like it's immaterial what Darren Fletcher has said. Glenn didn't like him; Darren did. Who cares what either of them think? Whilst they are entitled to their opinion, it really doesn't make a squat of difference to us as fans. We should make our own opinions on what we see, not what has happened in the past or stories we hear or read, from ex-players.

As for being unprofessional, I don't think that is the case. I know many players who suffer with mental illness and it's only in the past few years that players have found the courage in an ego-driven, testosterone-fueled environment, to stand up and say "I've got issues".  Before it was a sign of weakness, now it's a sign of strength to admit these things. Berahino himself has explained why he was struggling, and whilst it is not an excuse for his behaviour on, or off, the field, it is a reason and one that shouldn't be ignored in his defence. He comes to us with a clean slate and it's what he does in his time with us that will dictate our opinions and feelings towards him as a player.

As for him having the jab, it's his body so his choice. Whether or not you personally think it is dumb not to have it, you aren't Berahino. He may not have been offered it (I've no idea if that is the case), or like many others concerned about having what is essentially a trial vaccination, he may have decided against it. It seems, according to Government figures which can easily be obfuscated (I'm not saying they are) that it reduces the risk of hospitalisation and new reports are suggesting it can also reduce long-Covid. What it certainly isn't doing is stopping the spread, otherwise we would have very few cases in the U.K., seeing as most people are fully vaccinated. So I get why some people don't want it. Berahino might be one of those, and that has nothing to do with us as fans.

Just my opinions, not a pop at you.

Tbh all of this debate stems from one small comment I made about him saying it’s typical he’s not had the vaccine as he likes to disobey authority for no reason. I believe Glenn Johnson, someone who would have no reason to make things up and a player who played at the top in winning sides.

Everyone has some sort of issues going off but I don’t think you can use that as an excuse for him, particularly when he’s only had one good season ever and that was 7 years ago. I mean Rhodes had about 6 good seasons in a row until 5 years ago and everyone said he was useless. I do hope Moore can get something out of him though, just hope if he starts messing about we can get rid and not disrupt the group.

As for the vaccine, I think it is slowing the spread. We’ve no restrictions now and without it case numbers would probably be hundreds of thousands a day, not 20 thousand. I honestly can’t see any good reason to not have it, unless you’re some kind of conspiracy theorist who believes some of the nonsense that gets posted online.

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Tbh all of this debate stems from one small comment I made about him saying it’s typical he’s not had the vaccine as he likes to disobey authority for no reason. I believe Glenn Johnson, someone who would have no reason to make things up and a player who played at the top in winning sides.

Everyone has some sort of issues going off but I don’t think you can use that as an excuse for him, particularly when he’s only had one good season ever and that was 7 years ago. I mean Rhodes had about 6 good seasons in a row until 5 years ago and everyone said he was useless. I do hope Moore can get something out of him though, just hope if he starts messing about we can get rid and not disrupt the group.

As for the vaccine, I think it is slowing the spread. We’ve no restrictions now and without it case numbers would probably be hundreds of thousands a day, not 20 thousand. I honestly can’t see any good reason to not have it, unless you’re some kind of conspiracy theorist who believes some of the nonsense that gets posted online.

I get what you are saying, but you have to ask the reasons why he likes to disobey authority. A Psychologist would tell you it's most likely due to not having had boundaries set by a paternal figurehead, as he didn't have one. It could be his way of expressing his feelings towards the loss of his father. To use that as a stick to beat him with seems very unfair, given his circumstances. I am trying to open minds here, nothing more.

You are correct, everyone does have things going off, but one rule doesn't fit all. How one person reacts to a particular situation isn't the same as the next person, as their environment, their experience and their understanding of life is vastly different. That is why mental health is such a difficult thing to diagnose and cure. It sounds like he needs a father figure, which is kind of obvious, and he also need to mentally challenged - with 10 O' Levels he's a bright kid. I'm sure Moore will know the best way to handle him.

Like I said, I'm not having a pop at you, but I am getting a bit fed up with reading all this negativity about someone we know nothing about. Let's just give him a chance and forget all this playground "he said/she said" stuff. It serves no purpose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 01/09/2021 at 06:43, WalthamOwl said:

There is making a mistake and learning from it and then there are people that don’t learn from the mistakes. He has made a hell of a lot of them. 

Not really surprising for a kid who fled the horrendous Burundi civil war in which his Dad was killed. Let’s give him a chance here 

• Like 1

He’s our player now regardless off wot he done before I don’t think it’ll work out but willing to give him a chance get behind him and hopefully he’ll score more than enough to get us up.......then I’ll slag him to bits if he doesn’t do all of above 😆

12 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Whether he plays or not is one thing. Issue could be his effect on the dressing room and the club in general. DM seems to have created a good spirit amongst the group. We don’t need dressing room bust ups or ill-discipline. The last thing this club needs is more negative press if he hits the drink, drugs and courts again. It’s not as simple as whether he plays or not based on the negative impact he’s had at other clubs. 

True. But looking at our players and how they interact, if Berahino is sulking he’ll be doing it on his own. He’s not a pied piper type more a loner.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

The majority of new cases of Covid are now in the under 18-30 age group, which  unsurprisingly has had the lowest uptake of vaccinations of all the age groups.

England's U21 match in Romania tomorrow has been postponed due to new positive covid tests in the squad. The numbers of Premier League playing testing positive is on the increase and yesterday Arsenal's Granit Xakha who refused to be vaccinated tested positive before Switzerland's game.

22 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

The majority of new cases of Covid are now in the under 18-30 age group, which  unsurprisingly has had the lowest uptake of vaccinations of all the age groups.

England's U21 match in Romania tomorrow has been postponed due to new positive covid tests in the squad. The numbers of Premier League playing testing positive is on the increase and yesterday Arsenal's Granit Xakha who refused to be vaccinated tested positive before Switzerland's game.

According to the ONS, and taken from their site - https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19latestinsights/infections#infections-by-age

"The percentage of people testing positive increased for those in school Year 12 to age 24 years and those aged 50 to 69 years (week ending 20 August 2021), with early signs of an increase in those aged 70 years and above. The percentage of people testing positive decreased in those aged 2 years to school Year 6 and aged 25 to 34 years. Trends were uncertain in all other age groups."

So being double vaccinated clearly isn't stopping the spread, otherwise there would be no increase. I didn't say it wasn't reducing the spread. There is a big difference between stopping and reducing.

56 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

According to the ONS, and taken from their site - https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19latestinsights/infections#infections-by-age

"The percentage of people testing positive increased for those in school Year 12 to age 24 years and those aged 50 to 69 years (week ending 20 August 2021), with early signs of an increase in those aged 70 years and above. The percentage of people testing positive decreased in those aged 2 years to school Year 6 and aged 25 to 34 years. Trends were uncertain in all other age groups."

So being double vaccinated clearly isn't stopping the spread, otherwise there would be no increase. I didn't say it wasn't reducing the spread. There is a big difference between stopping and reducing.

The ONS also says that for the latest recorded week ending 20th August the infection rate in the 12-24 age group is on average about 4 times higher than all the other age groups.

Clearly the key to stopping the spread is to get everyone vaccinated. If we didn't have a vaccination programme, we would all be still enduring life in a lockdown. We wouldn't be going to football, it probably wouldn't be taking place in the EFL.