Wednesday - V - Doncaster Rovers

45 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.91d01900502501838f6c8095bbb8104f.png

"This is what it's all about eh, the little stories. Darren Moore against his old club. These are the little backdrops which make games. Yes, it's the third division. But this is a big a drama as anything in the Premier."

"Really, Sir?"

"Oh yes. Of course. Huge game, Rovers will be desperate to get one over on the manager. There's nothing like scorned fans, Stubbs! Moore walks out on the wife, as it were,  for the more glamorous woman up the road."

"The massive woman up the road?"

"Don't ruin my analogy! Anyway, have you dug up any team news?"

"Yes ,Sir. Wednesday are likely to field a similar eleven to the one which started last week, but there are a couple knocking on the door. Johnson for one of the wide spots, and of course Gregory and Kamberi, one of who must start ,as Paterson begins his recuperation period."

"So many positives and players tussling for places!"

"George Byers also..."

"Do you know I'd forgotten all about him until Mrs Wanksill at the Nuns reminded me last night."

"Sylla Sow.."

"No, no, no! It's this sort of  Alf Garnett style misogyny we need to put an end to, this is exactly the type of comment and laddish banter that stops this site being used by more women. You should be ashamed, I wouldn't stand in his way if Hargreaves banned you!"

"Sylla Sow is the new Dutch forward"

"Oh. Oh yes. I mean,  I knew that. I knew that!" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday

- V-

Doncaster Rovers

Hillsborough

Kick Off : 3:00pm

----------------------------------   OWLS  -----------------------------------

image.png.b807c4f439b31db43a4c3683192e003a.png

Darren Moore won't make any changes to his side in defence where the Owls have kept consecutive clean sheets.  

Lee Gregory has put himself in contention for a place in the squad with a midweek double for the stiffs against Manchester United. But it may still be too soon for the Sheffield born striker. 

Marvin Johnson didn't do any harm to his chances of a start after putting in one of the few crosses into the Charlton box last week during his substitute cameo. 

Florian Kamberi loooks set to start up front with Windass still out and Callum Paterson having to miss the game due to the guidelines regarding concussion injuries.

Wolves livewire Theo Corbeanu looks set to make his bow on the right.

image.png.76c4793fefc7ca31840d08a9f55e4db7.png

---------------------------------- ROVERS -----------------------------------

image.png.79689941ccb25d23313b1c6da10000f6.png

Donny will be without the services of Fejiri Okenabirhie for at least two months on account of a foot injury. Jordy Hiwula was ruled out earlier this month with an ankle injury.

Ben Close and John Bostock have recovered from COVID-19 and were already part of the league fixture last week and cup fixture on Wednesday. Anthony Greaves earned a direct red card in the Cup fixture and is suspended for the game.

Richie Wellens has kept his cards close to his chest. He may partner Omar Bogle up front in a 4-4-2 with  Tiago Süer Barbaros Çukur. Or choose to match Wednesdays midfield three where he has highlighted Wednesdays 'power' and earmarked Barry Bannan as the best player in the division.

image.png.7ff5b0334f5f673d60a57de3081ffc57.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COME

ON

WEDNESDAY!

So +ve about this Snoots.

Bring it on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Mercury said:

Absolutely buzzing for tmrrw … 

First league home game, on a Saturday at 3pm too 👍🏻

The walk to the ground after few pints with the lads - gonna be a bit emotional after personally having a tough 10 months with covid related issues..

Bring it on - UTO - WAWAW 

5AC12F36-F5E3-4F2C-B92E-FB8ECB073D8A.gif.1754721c5129c1a124949a472834cd9b.gif

Now I’m feeling all homesick and emotional….!!! Enjoy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Willie Henderson said:

So excited, and what a potential line up, all young and thrusting up front. 

And we might get to see Corrbeano, bring it on.

Come on Wednesday!

0-0 then 😂

ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-camping.gif.b5826e57b44deccf4410dd8d77e1d0b9.gif

• Haha 4

Love this post. 

Being honest I think Mr Moore is more up for this match than Donny are. 

Obviously they know his 4 2 3 1 formation and will prob go 4 5 1. 

Big big day for us tomorrow.

The buzz around this massive club needs to keep going.

And these young lads (and old heads) need us behind them. 

One bad pass or a sloppy first touch means nothing. We move forward together. 

#uto #wawaw #ebra 

• Like 3

Really looking forward to it. Not just for the football, it's bigger than that.  

But being back in my seat I'd had for years on the Kop near one of my best mates I've not seen much in recent times. Near others who became friends through years stood/sat together watching us on cold winter nights. 

The football will be good and I really want the win but they'll be a smile inside when I get to that seat for all the bigger reasons too.

• Like 5
  • Love 3