Wednesday - V - Doncaster Rovers

Great OMDT Lord Snooty.

”The massive woman up the road” made me chuckle. 

A manager with a plan.

Lots of positivity from where we were even at the end of June.

Time for it to all come together on the pitch although I hope folks don’t get too frustrated early on in the season as it probably will take time to gel.

Home win. 1-0 to the “massive woman up the road”

UTO

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

First league game back at home. 

Are you ready?

Excited?

Very excited, I’m on holiday in Devon, very limited signal, found a place with limited 4g where if I hold my phone in the air I might just be able to listen to the commentary, must win for me, Rovers there for the taking..

• Like 1

Tough game in the sense it's a local(ish) derby, but a good time to play them with key players missing. That said, also s good time to play us while new players bed in and look for match fitness. 

If we can improve our attacking play, muster a shot or two on target, think this game is there for the taking. Hopefully being at home will help.

2-0 Wednesday

• Like 2

It's our first opening day of the season where we've been able to attend in years. Usually on holiday watching Jeff or us on TV live. (That's happened a few times surprisingly) Proper can't wait. 

By my reckoning it's 528 days since I last set foot in Hillsborough. Man City Cup match that I can't remember anything about if I'm being honest. Since then the world has changed. We've had a truly life altering period of time and many who were there with us last time won't be with us this time. Everyone I see today who I vaguely recognise will put a smile on my face. I hope I see everyone I know and they all made it through. 

I'll be buying a programme so I've got a vague idea of of who all the new players are, will take me a while to put numbers and names to em no doubt. Absolutely buzzing to see this new team though, it seems DM has built a young, dynamic squad that can grow together. I'm happy for that growth to take a little longer than some would like cos I honestly think we've got a good un here. 

No score prediction cos I'm always wrong. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Nice one @Lord Snooty.

Glad to see there is no mentions of Donny not having beaten us for umpteen years. That used to put the mockers on things. Let's hope those days are behind us and we stop being the club that allows all records to be broken. 

UTO. 

No prediction just hope we win for all us long suffering fans. Especially those lucky enough to be able to go today after all the time away. 

Enjoy it and make some noise. 

• Like 2