Hardly anyone is predicting us to do owt

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Yet the Bookies have us 3rd favourites at 3/1 to get promoted,  just behind Ipswich and Sunderland.

Bookies odds are entirely based on where the betting is going.

Well-supported teams and teams with 'name recognition' always get short odds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Drifted out to 10/3 along with 3 other teams. So joint 3rd favourites to get promoted.

606292033_Screenshot_20210806-111521_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.a5a294bffaf983cfe3e8852f335a09c9.jpg

Apologies if this is a daft question, but if we are joint 3rd why does that have us listed before Charlton and Rotherham? I’m just curious as to why. Thought it would have been alphabetical 

1 minute ago, unkastav said:

Im happy with around 10th at christmas, time to gel etc… then a steady climb to potential play off flirt come May. Its going to be a long season of many twists

Don't think it will take as long to gel.

Big positive is the defence / midfield.

Got a steady keeper in now, back four of hunt, Hutchinson, iorfa and Palmer is very good for level and used to playing together.  Same with midfield 3 with luongo and bannnan with wing added.  

Should mean we are solid defensively and can keep in contention, should get better later on when forwards gel.

• Like 3

I’m just delighted we’ve managed to get a squad together. Upper mid table with maybe a late push for promotion would be a pretty decent result for me. The Jan window is almost as important as the summer one, so if we can get the squad playing together to a decent level and find out which players make the grade and which ones don’t then that would be a reasonable place to get to for Christmas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

I don't understand how Rotherham are one of the favourites. Lost a few players over summer, not added much depth either

Warne has had them straight back up after the last two relegations from the Championship, seems to have the knack for getting them out of League one. 

Think he's too good for League one but not good enough to make the next step up

• Like 1

Geniuses at 4-4-2 predicting Sunderland to win the league 😂 They recruited poorly, play under huge pressure and won't even get in the Play Offs especially if Embelton leaves for Blackpool as predicted.

Ipswich will take a while to get going, Portsmouth are worst than they were last season and Wycombe will have tough season after one they had in The Championship.

At least one of smaller, well run clubs like Oxford, Lincoln or Burton will make the Play Offs like it happens every year.

In my opinion no one brought in as much quality as we did. If we "click" early we could have great shot to finish in top 6.

Nothing is won in August anyway. Pointless exercise. Let’s keep our heads down and go about our business and see where it takes us.  

oh, and can someone chain up the chairman and give the key to Darren Moore. Far too quiet for my liking. At least when you’re getting slagged off you know where you stand. lol

18 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Warne has had them straight back up after the last two relegations from the Championship, seems to have the knack for getting them out of League one. 

Think he's too good for League one but not good enough to make the next step up

That's exactly my view on Rotherham. They have lost players after each relegation, but always make a few savvy signing to replace.

They also tend to start a bit slowly, but are normally so fit and well drilled that come the business end, they do the business.

They'll be in the mix for autos.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

I don't understand how Rotherham are one of the favourites. Lost a few players over summer, not added much depth either

Rotherham have yo-yoed between League 1 and the Championship and Warne like Cook at Ipswich has done well at this level.

You’d think the teams with stability maybe there or thereabouts

I think with regards us, Ipswich and Wigan, it depends how quickly things knit together.

Rotherham and Wycombe should be there or thereabouts and I think Sunderland, Lincoln, Charlton and Portsmouth will all have a say but in truth it’s Anybody’s this season.

• Like 1

Very little expectations for the season, main priority is some stability, structure etc at the top - get this in place and we may do better than expected.

Brand new team that could be decent or terrible - who knows?

Almost impossible to predict where we will finish.  

More off field nonsense though won’t come as a surprise - just hope it’s minimal.