Hardly anyone is predicting us to do owt

I've listened to "not the top 20" podcast and they have predicted us to finish 10th and that our signs have been pretty poor with Lewis wing being a disappointing signing. One of the hosts also said he would not like BPF in goal mentioning his time at Leeds being very poor. Seems a few reckon our side is nowhere near good enough. Suppose will see

Both us and Ipswich have had massive overhauls. Both sides on paper look really strong. 

Regardless what happens I think we need to give Darren Moore a massive pat on the back, he has given us something to look forward to after a terrible couple of years on and off the pitch.

I am not fussed what the pundits think, just hopefully makes the players more determined.

• Like 3

Good! Would prefer us to be “underdogs”. 

Under no illusions that this is a tough league. We have the quality there but it’ll take time to gel. Hope is to be there abouts around the playoffs mid-season and that’ll be successful for me considering the overhaul! Kick on from there! 

We are the unknown quantity, but I still find some of the predictions a bit odd.

Do feel a lot of then are heavily skewed by the relegation and the ensuing nonsense that happened with player salaries. Understandably, it will cloud some opinions.

Do think the two on the Not The Top 20 podcast were talking some rubbish though. 

Most predictions will be based on the absolute shambles at the start of the summer. Coming out the other side, we have had a summer far better than anyone could have imagined. Assembled a new squad and a fresh look.

All about proving them wrong and doing ourselves justice. 

• Like 2

I can see us having a mixed start. Tough trip for the first game mixed in with a couple of local derbies in the first 4 games. I think 6 OR 7 points would be a very good return from those games. I definitely see us getting stronger as the season progresses and the team gels together. Wouldn't surprise me to see us come with a charge 2nd half of the season. A little like the 2012 promotion season. I do think a lot of these predictions from various media outlets were written before we completed the majority of our business. On paper I don't think anyone has recruited better than us other than maybe Ipswich. It's a little cliche but Hillsborough can be a big plus for us if we hit any kind of form. Appreciate that can also work the other way though!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, No Uniform said:

Almost a completely new team. Went without paying players for 3 months and have a suspended 6 point deduction hanging over us. We are outsiders. 

Yet the Bookies have us 3rd favourites at 3/1 to get promoted,  just behind Ipswich and Sunderland.

• Thanks 1