Hardly anyone is predicting us to do owt

6 hours ago, OwlsItGoing said:

I've listened to "not the top 20" podcast and they have predicted us to finish 10th and that our signs have been pretty poor with Lewis wing being a disappointing signing. One of the hosts also said he would not like BPF in goal mentioning his time at Leeds being very poor. Seems a few reckon our side is nowhere near good enough. Suppose will see

Who was hosting the show Warnock and Wilder 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SiJ said:

We are the unknown quantity, but I still find some of the predictions a bit odd.

Do feel a lot of then are heavily skewed by the relegation and the ensuing nonsense that happened with player salaries. Understandably, it will cloud some opinions.

Do think the two on the Not The Top 20 podcast were talking some rubbish though. 

Think many of these predictions made before the glut of signings. To be honest the signings are much better than i expected. One more goalscorer and I think we will be pushing top 3 or 4.

7 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

We went into this pre-season in absolute shambles, and it's only within the last 2 weeks or so that we've put together the makings of an actual first team squad - which of course comes with its own question marks about fitness and gelling etc.

I think this will be a season that we grow into. How quickly we can weather any early teething problems, how quickly we hit some form and how many of the younger players are genuinely upto it, will decide if we "do anything" this year.

I don't think we'll have a realistic picture on what this team "is" until November at the earliest. On the plus side though, I'd fancy us to have a good season if we can find any form earlier than that.

Agree. Those predicting a dire season were probably making their predictions before we had this rush of signings. We have to wait for November for gelling I agree but we must not accept bottom half as a target.

Guest T Hardy
47 minutes ago, Onge said:

A lot of over-confidence on here. Mid-table seems like a fair assessment to me.

I agree. Has there ever been a club in our position add as many players as we have and achieved success immediately? I don’t think it happens. Can establish this season and then really kick on the season after. Obviously I’d love for us to get promoted at the first time of asking, but I’m not sure it’s realistic 

2 hours ago, Onge said:

A lot of over-confidence on here. Mid-table seems like a fair assessment to me.

I think we should be expecting top half.

If we click, then a promotion challenge is certainly not out the question.

Big IF though...pretty much a brand new side with a few old faces.

I think the new signings should push us to be a contender at the top this season.

With the quality of players we have in the squad now, we should have too much for most teams in this division.

The key and a big difference from last season will be the number of players we have that are capable of scoring goals.

We will have to win around 27 +-1 matches for automatic. If we can average scoring 2 goals a game, that should be attainable.

Listening to the radio last night they were predicting the usual suspects. Wigan and Sunderland. Charlton got a mention as did Ipswich and Lincoln. Just had us down as a rebuilt side and a bit of an unknown.

Amazing rebuild job this summer considering the position we were in.

We seem to have signed players with a definite plan unlike previous seasons and once they gel will be hard to beat.

would be disappointed if we were not challenging for a playoff spot at the minimum come the squeaky bum part of the season.