The Wilderless Years

14 hours ago, smhouston said:

They desperately need to find a replacement for Gibbs White, literally ran things for them. A blunt was telling me they're trying to get shut of Berge for £25m

It's a strange mentality they have that because they paid £22m, he's now worth more than that even though he couldn't get in their side in the championship for large parts of last season and was a flop in the premier league. That's pigonomics. 

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

I remember one of them saying that he was "the best signing in Sheffield football history", which seemed to be on the basis that Man Utd had once been rumoured to be interested. Which in their minds means that they'd beaten Man Utd to his signature, and he'd chosen to join them because of pashun or summat.

Manchester United whose scouting and recruitment has been famously excellent for the last 10 years.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Is that the going rate for a Championship midfielder?

For a Sheff Utd one it is

Numerous blades have told me how great he is and will be a top 6 prem player. I just don't see what they do whenever I've watched him

7 minutes ago, smhouston said:

For a Sheff Utd one it is

Numerous blades have told me how great he is and will be a top 6 prem player. I just don't see what they do whenever I've watched him

I remember them valuing players for daft amounts. Saying Ravel Morrison was worth 30m or something daft like that

• Haha 1

I don't think Berge is a bad player. It wouldn't surprise me if he did go elsewhere and straight away looked like the player United thought they were getting.

But he's clearly not doing it for them and nobody else thinks he's worth a big outlay, so what can they do.

United's 2 different makers last season were Gibbs-White and Billy. One of them has gone and isn't coming back, and the other is a 36 year old giving them a year at a time. There are some expensive names who look quite ordinary draining their resources apart from that.

53 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Morrison potentially 40 million... hmm a little far off there.

And the 30 million for McBurnie is presumably his annual outgoings for being let out on bail. 

Looks like they haven't made a single penny back from those valuations yet - with £90m "worth" of them having already left for nothing...

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, alanharper said:

553239978_Screenshot_20190802-163321_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.4b8c34527e24a9c55c29ad9e14b74fc7.jpg

What the actual chuffing hell.

These players did incredibly well under Wilder. But that was very much down to the manager and the environment he created. Fair play to them, but I think it’s fair to say most are solid Championship pros who overachieved for a couple of years.