The Wilderless Years

4 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Brewster and McBurnie charged following the fracas at the Forest game.

I was hoping it would be some players who they might miss if they got sent down, but seeing as those two couldn't hit a barn door with a lorry full of banjos that's not to be.

Edited by Pablo Bonvin
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Brewster and McBurnie charged following the fracas at the Forest game.

I was hoping it would be some players who they might miss if they got sent down, but seeing as those two couldn't hit a barn door with a lorry full of banjos that's not to be.

Two more names for the Blades "convict 11" 

lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, smhouston said:

Heckingbottom has confirmed they are needing to slash the wage budget and cut the playing squad size

Maybe some people's predictions on here regarding their wobbly financiers are actually true 

The board confirmed it last year when they unveiled Heckingbottom as the gaffer. That was one of the most weirdly tell-all press conferences I’ve ever seen and very different to the buttoned up way these things usually work. 

PH getting them into the top 6 from where they were was a bonus, and promotion would have been a complete get out of jail free card. The plan is for PH to oversee the transition of the club away from the expense of Wilder’s signings and towards bringing through youth they can sell. I’m not sure on the field success is even a priority other than to facilitate future sales. PH might yet turn out to be a good manager that gets them promoted but that’s not why he got the top job. 

• Like 1