The Wilderless Years

1 hour ago, Skyline said:

Have they signed anyone yet?

I think it's starting to be come more and more clear that they don't have a pot to ******** in. 

This is probably why:

Such a relief they bottled it in the play offs. Píssing all that money away is going to start to really bite once the parachute payments end — as you say, Prince Charmin’s pockets don’t appear to be very deep. What a shame

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

This is probably why:

Such a relief they bottled it in the play offs. Píssing all that money away is going to start to really bite once the parachute payments end — as you say, Prince Charmin’s pockets don’t appear to be very deep. What a shame

Lad at work who's a United fan mentioned this morning that they've spunked all the parachute payments already. Similar to what a few have said in this thread previously too.

Two seasons in the promised land, parachute payments and they're still skint. It's hilarious. 

• Love 1

34 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Lad at work who's a United fan mentioned this morning that they've spunked all the parachute payments already. Similar to what a few have said in this thread previously too.

Two seasons in the promised land, parachute payments and they're still skint. It's hilarious. 

They've got past history though haven't they. They wasted all the Tevev money as well.

On 25/06/2022 at 14:03, smhouston said:

Heckingbottom has confirmed they are needing to slash the wage budget and cut the playing squad size

Maybe some people's predictions on here regarding their wobbly financiers are actually true 

It's very well documented in the public domain that they took a loan from the kangeroo bank Macquarie, against their parachute payments. Their first loan meant that all funds owed to them by the PL had to be paid to Macquarie.

They also took out a second loan, in January this year, for £16M based on two payments owed from Arsenal for Ramsdale - which are to be paid at the end of July and and end of this year. All of these loans are servicable, but with interest of around 5% (which equates to £800K on the second loan alone) and the fact that they needed the cash in advance, more than suggests their finances are wobbly.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, beswetherick said:

This is probably why:

lol 

£94m net spend to end up with that sack of shiite

lol

lol 

lol 

Edited by Big Malc
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Big Malc said:

lol 

£94m net spend to end up with that sack of shiite

lol

lol 

lol 

I’d guess the majority of that was spent on strikers…. And Billy Sharpe is still their best striker.lol

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, smhouston said:

They desperately need to find a replacement for Gibbs White, literally ran things for them. A blunt was telling me they're trying to get shut of Berge for £25m

Ha. Anybody body who pays £25m for Berger want sectioning 

36 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

I was told utd had set a price for Berge that would equate to something like a £10M loss...........................and they have still had no takers.

My cousins husband is a pig fan and when they signed Berg he told me he’d turned down a move to Man Utd in order to sign for the pigs…..

so don’t try to tell me there are a shortage of clubs wanting to sign him at a heavily discounted price.lol

• Haha 5

Spurs a few years ago were the masters of the "we've put in a bid for (insert name of a superstar here) but they've decided to sign for" every week in the transfer window until the fans got wise to it and they stopped.

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

My cousins husband is a pig fan and when they signed Berg he told me he’d turned down a move to Man Utd in order to sign for the pigs…..

so don’t try to tell me there are a shortage of clubs wanting to sign him at a heavily discounted price.lol

I remember one of them saying that he was "the best signing in Sheffield football history", which seemed to be on the basis that Man Utd had once been rumoured to be interested. Which in their minds means that they'd beaten Man Utd to his signature, and he'd chosen to join them because of pashun or summat.

• Haha 3