The Wilderless Years

This lad hasn't really been exposed to the likes of football he will be exposed to in the Championship.

Now I'm not saying he will flop, but look at his stats and he's not proven himself yet, and not really known much hustle and bustle as a central defender yet, at 23.

This type of signing is ok if he isn't going to be first choice straight away, but let's be honest he's going to be.

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

I like how they emphasise it was a "substantial" undisclosed fee, to make it sound like they're loaded. 

It's all relative. If you're Man C £75 million would be a substantial undisclosed fee. If you're skint £500k would be a substantial undisclosed fee.

• Like 1

'World class, champions league standard player. Nobody knows how we've managed it because he's worth about 20 million.'

Direct quote from a blade last night. He reckons they've bagged a proper player. Also says they'll be a force next season, hecky is getting em drilled for high intensity from what he's seen. 

Hope he's wrong. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

'World class, champions league standard player. Nobody knows how we've managed it because he's worth about 20 million.'

Direct quote from a blade last night. He reckons they've bagged a proper player. Also says they'll be a force next season, hecky is getting em drilled for high intensity from what he's seen. 

Hope he's wrong. 

The same way that McBarndoor is worth £20m ??

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Hope he's wrong. 

They said that about Brewster

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Hope he's wrong. 

Quote from a pig fan where I work on latest signing.....

I've seen a video of him on You Tube, great signing this. :tango:

Guest Wonky Owl
On 02/07/2022 at 17:54, Marpals said:

Looks like they have signed Tommy Doyle on a season loan from you lot.

Is he any good ? 

Nah he's rubbish, pal. Pigs waint go up this season wi players like him and 50 year old Sharp up front. :tango:

They've just bought that bottom an all wi dem loans they took aht. Never even heard of him. Fact.:Chansiri:

If they don't go up this year a reckon they are in big trouble. 

I know one Sheffield United fan and he is worried abaht future at club and Wednesday tekkin or again. garymegson

Anyway good luck this season and I hope you smash that league.

From a Manchester City fan. ©️lol

On 06/07/2022 at 16:25, DaveClark said:

This lad hasn't really been exposed to the likes of football he will be exposed to in the Championship.

Now I'm not saying he will flop, but look at his stats and he's not proven himself yet, and not really known much hustle and bustle as a central defender yet, at 23.

This type of signing is ok if he isn't going to be first choice straight away, but let's be honest he's going to be.

Exactly my thoughts. It's a huge risk of a signing given their finances. They were raving about Berge when he signed claiming they had beaten Man Utd to get him, yet he has failed to live up to expectations and has struggled in the Championship and now they can't seem to shift him

They signed that Ukrainian guy on loan last season and again their fans were raving about him yet he barely featured and has now signed for another club 

Time will tell I guess. Could go either way

4 minutes ago, bradowl said:

SSN reporting that German side Weirder Bremen have offered £17.5m for Berge, he's only player they've paid a lot of money out for who can they sell and get anywhere near what they've paid out for players. 

Still a c£6m loss...... from their 'best transfer window ever'....

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, bradowl said:

SSN reporting that German side Weirder Bremen have offered £17.5m for Berge, he's only player they've paid a lot of money out for who can they sell and get anywhere near what they've paid out for players. 

It will be an undisclosed fee, which will mean they will say it was at least 30million

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 07/07/2022 at 07:13, latemodelchild said:

Hope he's wrong. 

That would slightly set alarm bells ringing for me. If he's worth 20m he's not CL standard. And high intensity not exactly a differentiating factor.