What happens after we’re liquidated?

Think where we also differ from the likes of Macclesfield, Bury and even Wimbledon is this wouldn’t be a surprise.

The clubs effectively been skirting with liquidation for the the last 20 years. It’d be like the water finally breaching the defences and finally washing the whole thing away. 

Edited by NeonLeon
  • Like 1

Quite honestly if Wednesday liquidate and cease to exist I'll simply become someone who doesn't really support a team. Strangely enough ill probably take my 6 year old son to watch leicester just down the road from where we live which will be probably the most enjoyable football I'll have attended for about 25 years 

• Like 2

I feel like I would still *follow* the hypothetical phoenix club, should something of the like arise (pardon the pun).

What would be mixed emotionally for me would be the (presumed) demolition of Hillsborough.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LetsMoveOn said:

So, if/when we’re liquidated, what happens then? How likely is it that we reform in the lower leagues, say 8th or 9th tier? Maybe a ground share with Sheffield FC at their new stadium they’re having built at Meadowhead? 

Just wondering what our most likely options will be.

Having supported club for may years and followed the hard work in them finally achieving the project of the new ground with very little support from anyone (including both Sheffield clubs!) I would be loathe to let "The Wednesday" be any part of it.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, LetsMoveOn said:

The game has changed. It’s just a business now. Sadly, us and many others have been living outside their means for many years. It’s only a matter of time before it catches up with you. And it’s looking like we’ll be the first big club to go under. 

I was actually being sarcastic. For what its worth I agree with you.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, LetsMoveOn said:

The game has changed. It’s just a business now. Sadly, us and many others have been living outside their means for many years. It’s only a matter of time before it catches up with you. And it’s looking like we’ll be the first big club to go under. 

This is part of the problem. We are by no means a big club.. We may have had a few decent years decades back but it all means zero now. 

Not accepting our stature will see any phoenix club as a failure as our targets always set too hign. We'd be selliing Prem return season tickets... in  the conference. 

It's time some people woke up. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Once it goes, it's gone as far as I'm concerned. The history of the club will be gone. Clubs that start again aren't the same club. When it inevitably happens, I'll be finished with football and will focus on other hobbies, interests and more important things than sport. 

What is “it”?

The company registration number? The current legal entity of SWFC was only formed in 1990, does that make everything that went before when it was a different company invalid? Surely “Wednesday” is more than just a legal registration?

Edited by kobayashi
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

We are going to be exploring the real life's of actual real proper owls. 

Yeah was thinking that,

Also Oldham have an Owl on their badge so we could just talk about them instead. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

A lot would depend on how a phoenix club would come about.  I’m not sure there would be much call for it in all honesty. In general, our fans are just way too accepting of mediocrity and incompetence.  You just have to look at how long it’s taken some people to wake up re: DC. 

I'd say its the opposite.. A lot of fans believe we belong top 6 Prem and that's the target we should set.. Now I'm not saying their shouldn't be ambition , but if you set that as our bar then failure is almost a cert.