What happens after we’re liquidated?

I couldn't follow any phoenix club... literally, given I live in London. I've always gone to our away games in the capital but a phoenix club would only play in the local area for many seasons so it wouldn't be feasible for me.

Regardless, I'm an SWFC supporter. If they go, I will have a football club shaped void inside I'd take to my grave.

• Like 1

Feel quite sad that I could’ve watched my last match . Surely it’s not gonna come to that ,just because of one man and his incompetence . Going to the match is part of my life , there’s people I’d probably never see again if this was the end. Chansiri out ! 

• Like 2

I see people keep mentioning the EFL should remove Chansiri. Is this even possible once he passed the fit and proper test? 

Basically, we have absolutely no idea what’s going on. Any Wednesdayite or Wednesday connected ex-player with a standing in the came should come forward and demand answers. Wilkinson or Waddle. This isn’t Wednesday, it’s Chansiri. 

Doubt very much my heart would be in it if I was asked to support a newly formed version of the club I've always supported.

I'd like to keep an eye on a grassroots club though as that's where the old-school passion seems to be these days.

It's strange that I'd rather follow where the money isn't!!

1 minute ago, Shezza said:

I see people keep mentioning the EFL should remove Chansiri. Is this even possible once he passed the fit and proper test? 

Basically, we have absolutely no idea what’s going on. Any Wednesdayite or Wednesday connected ex-player with a standing in the came should come forward and demand answers. Wilkinson or Waddle. This isn’t Wednesday, it’s Chansiri. 

Duchatelet at Charlton more or less offered this up to the EFL when he’d had enough. Nothing they can do though. 

Admin is basically that solution anyway, but to the extreme. 

It would be interesting to see what happens. I don't think we'll cease to exist but it will take a long time to recover. Weren't Coventry, Portsmouth, Bolton, Wigan in similar positions? Its whether Chansiri will cut his losses and accept he won't see his investment ever again and sells the club for a reduced price. If its another club i'd probably still support them as I couldn't bring my self to support another club (with the exception of Hallam or Sheffield FC).

I think we need a strategy even if it's paying £15/20 to watch our youngsters play (perhaps supported by the a few premier leagues free transfers i.e like we did with Brunt, Whelan, etc). No more ridiculous wages for Journeymen looking for their last paycheck.     If we do go under can I have my brick back?

5 minutes ago, Dandrewchaz said:

It would be interesting to see what happens. I don't think we'll cease to exist but it will take a long time to recover. Weren't Coventry, Portsmouth, Bolton, Wigan in similar positions? Its whether Chansiri will cut his losses and accept he won't see his investment ever again and sells the club for a reduced price. If its another club i'd probably still support them as I couldn't bring my self to support another club (with the exception of Hallam or Sheffield FC).

I think we need a strategy even if it's paying £15/20 to watch our youngsters play (perhaps supported by the a few premier leagues free transfers i.e like we did with Brunt, Whelan, etc). No more ridiculous wages for Journeymen looking for their last paycheck.     If we do go under can I have my brick back?

That’s our problem. All those clubs had owners that didn’t want to be there, and had stated so publicly. We’re in the exact opposite situation. 

5 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

That’s our problem. All those clubs had owners that didn’t want to be there, and had stated so publicly. We’re in the exact opposite situation. 

Only since his last update,  I think he’s chucked towel in now , if we don’t hear that bills are settled or ST details next week I don’t see how he’s showing any interest in sticking around 

In my opinion he is most likely looking for a possible way out, which isn’t gonna be anything like easy unless he can untangle the web of the ground ‘sale’ 

Guest Hornsby
18 minutes ago, Dandrewchaz said:

2040 job.

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Only since his last update,  I think he’s chucked towel in now , if we don’t hear that bills are settled or ST details next week I don’t see how he’s showing any interest in sticking around 

In my opinion he is most likely looking for a possible way out, which isn’t gonna be anything like easy unless he can untangle the web of the ground ‘sale’ 

Be some change of direction. He was all for staying in the new year. 

Guest Hornsby
50 minutes ago, Onge said:

I couldn't follow any phoenix club... literally, given I live in London. I've always gone to our away games in the capital but a phoenix club would only play in the local area for many seasons so it wouldn't be feasible for me.

Regardless, I'm an SWFC supporter. If they go, I will have a football club shaped void inside I'd take to my grave.

We are a phoenix club?

Was not a new entity formed when Milan M took over?

46 minutes ago, Shezza said:

I agree with the sentiment of this

However Waddle can’t articulate

Wilkinson is perfect. Absolute statesman of the club who was fantastic last time round . He has the respect of everyone  but he must be cracking on now. I’m sure he can do without all this again!

I would support em whatever league they are in. With such a fan base and history someone would have to pick it all up in the lower leagues. Never thought that when we left Hillsborough it would be to re-emerge in some very low league. Will be sad should it happen. But they are my team wherever they be. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LetsMoveOn said:

So, if/when we’re liquidated, what happens then? How likely is it that we reform in the lower leagues, say 8th or 9th tier? Maybe a ground share with Sheffield FC at their new stadium they’re having built at Meadowhead? 

Just wondering what our most likely options will be.

I'd probably change my user name again