What happens after we’re liquidated?

6 minutes ago, flo said:

Yeah was thinking that,

Also Oldham have an Owl on their badge so we could just talk about them instead. 🤷‍♂️

Tbf the talk of real owls would generate more traffic than talking about Oldham.

I wouldn't even be bothered about football in all honesty if we went bust.

To be fair it lost its identity years ago in my opinion. Sky has ruined it with its corporate greed and its now gone beyond repair.

This isn't even just the leagues, for me the cup competitions have totally lost their tradition and excitement. When I was younger the FA Cup games had a real magic buzz to it, now it's just the big boys to put out a team of kids and totally disrespect the whole tradition and integrity of the competition.

If the worst happens, I'll just stick to going to watch the Sheffield Steelers ice hockey, obviously when we are allowed back in. That's something what me and my daughter were doing aswell as the Wednesday games.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Sheffield FC

Us going bust just they get the new stadium off the ground could be a great boost for them. It’s only 20minutes from me I’d definitely get a season ticket if only to go every now and then. 

• Like 2

So with a Phoenix club called the Wednesday. When we get to the play offs and win and get promoted to league 8 below does that mean we are more success than the failed play offs under DC.

Look the EFL need to remove him now, he is not fit and proper and never will be. He has broken so many league rules and continues to do if ever there was a case for disqualification of a director DC is that person.

His has fans money which he has failed to return and continues to use ever excuse under the sun, when what is owed to the fans is less than one week's pay for the players what give more back to the club happy fans or another week of pay to the players.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, poorlyheadowl said:

I'd say its the opposite.. A lot of fans believe we belong top 6 Prem and that's the target we should set.. Now I'm not saying their shouldn't be ambition , but if you set that as our bar then failure is almost a cert. 

Fans might believe that, but when have we mobilised as a group to force change?

I keep trying to convince myself that there’s no way a historic club like Wednesday, an institution in the fabric of the game (albeit in the past), would go bust and disappear, and that people just wouldn’t let it happen.

But then I think of parallels in business like Rover and Debenhams. Nobody would have dreamed that it would happen to them (similar names in their own respective industries). But it did. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Fans might believe that, but when have we mobilised as a group to force change?

All the fans have ever done is cry for more money to be spent, even when the road that leads to has been obvious for quite a few years. The end of that road has been reached now it seems. 

I for one would not be prepared to let the club die due to the rank incompetence of one individual. If a club the size of Wimbledon can reform and bounce back to the league there is no reason why a pheonix entity shouldnt be able to climb back up the pyramid given the size of our fanbase. Even in non league we would get crowds that would dwarf the other teams and that should give us the financial impetus to rise back pretty quickly.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, pOWLtergeist said:

Think I'd prefer to support sheffield FC and boost their league status, as the world's oldest club they should be higher in the football league. 

Come along, it's a great day out

• Like 1

Just now, RedDragonOwl said:

Do people seriously think the EFL or its members actually care if we no longer exist? I don't. They will laud over it. We are seen as cheats and are getting what we deserve. 

The EFL, PFA, Gary Neville etc. will just use us as a poster boy for a need to change the structure of English Football in their image too. 

A founder member of the PL goes out of existence ‘we must do XYZ to stop this happening again’.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

I for one would not be prepared to let the club die due to the rank incompetence of one individual. If a club the size of Wimbledon can reform and bounce back to the league there is no reason why a pheonix entity shouldnt be able to climb back up the pyramid given the size of our fanbase. Even in non league we would get crowds that would dwarf the other teams and that should give us the financial impetus to rise back pretty quickly.

Great post, and exactly how I feel. 

Wonder if there’s been any research into how many of Bury or Macclesfields fans have continued supporting anywhere else,  for me it’s an absolute certainty I’d be done with lot if our club was to go 

Very minimal interest in the national team, and I honestly don’t even watch the premier league .. am I the only one ?   How many of us are in it just because of Wednesday ? 

The new ground at meadowhead for Sheffield FC I think is a fantastic prospect, not just for Sheffield FC to have a ground like proposed but for the general area aswell , I’d watch on with interest and wish them huge success but there’s not an earthly I’d get involved with any other club , Phoenix or grassroots , like I’ve done with Wednesday