What happens after we’re liquidated?

2 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Wonder if there’s been any research into how many of Bury or Macclesfields fans have continued supporting anywhere else,  for me it’s an absolute certainty I’d be done with lot if our club was to go 

Very minimal interest in the national team, and I honestly don’t even watch the premier league .. am I the only one ?   How many of us are in it just because of Wednesday ? 

The new ground at meadowhead for Sheffield FC I think is a fantastic prospect, not just for Sheffield FC to have a ground like proposed but for the general area aswell , I’d watch on with interest and wish them huge success but there’s not an earthly I’d get involved with any other club , Phoenix or grassroots , like I’ve done with Wednesday 

My feelings exactly. I follow football results because of history but never watch PL. I only watch England because I always have.  If SWFC go, I'm gone too. I could never replicate the feeling of watching Wednesday. I've always gone to occasional games not involving Wednesday, but it's nothing like the emotion invested in watching the Owls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People saying they couldn’t connect with a Phoenix club is fair enough - at this stage. Such a thing is difficult to comprehend and should be unthinkable.

However I believe people could be energised by it. My view of Phoenix clubs is that they are an opportunity to harness the best things about football clubs - the spirit, the collective will, the shared ideals, the people - and give the power to the fans to do things properly. 

It would be hard, no question about it, and not everybody would be there for the journey. But I bet plenty would be and would love it, including some who still regard it as unthinkable. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SiJ said:

Same.

I can't magically sum up the support for another club or some phoenix side.

I'd be done with the whole f*cking thing 

Its been fun though

:ghoulguy:

I personally must have seen us decent for about 3 seasons over the last two decades. It's been thoroughly poo .

4 hours ago, RedDragonOwl said:

Do people seriously think the EFL or its members actually care if we no longer exist? I don't. They will laud over it. We are seen as cheats and are getting what we deserve. 

It's not just that. 

Yes, we might be perceived as cheats and what have you, but those calling for points deductions, expulsions and so on are doing it  also to inflict damage on the competition. 

Football is a sordid, selfish business, very much dog eat dog and if there's any opportunity to stick it to or an eliminate a competitor then you can bet most clubs will be up for it. 

• Like 1

Be like when Wisewood Comp went,will always have fond memories,proud to have been a pupil,or the 'Dial House' one of biggest most succesful  WMC in SY   now just a nice memory(especially 'Grabagranny'....)

Ime past angry ime just really sad at what are Club has become................................................

• Haha 1

If we cease to exist I’ll definitely be done with watching a professional team. Local lower league teams are going to be my football fix. My eldest son goes to our local team and has a great time. The football isn’t brilliant but is competitive and cheap and fun. The teams are also delighted when fans turn up. I’d still rather Wednesday stayed in business but I can’t imagine I’d be enthused to watch a phoenix club. 

8 hours ago, Johnny Concrete said:

I wouldn't even be bothered about football in all honesty if we went bust.

To be fair it lost its identity years ago in my opinion. Sky has ruined it with its corporate greed and its now gone beyond repair.

This isn't even just the leagues, for me the cup competitions have totally lost their tradition and excitement. When I was younger the FA Cup games had a real magic buzz to it, now it's just the big boys to put out a team of kids and totally disrespect the whole tradition and integrity of the competition.

If the worst happens, I'll just stick to going to watch the Sheffield Steelers ice hockey, obviously when we are allowed back in. That's something what me and my daughter were doing aswell as the Wednesday games.

Totally agree. Apart from the ice hockey bit. Football has gone. Wednesday going would just be the final nail in the coffin. I couldn’t support another team ( not even a Phoenix team). I will always be a wednesdayite, but I don’t think I would watch another football match

• Like 1

FC Wednesday 2022 - starting in the Northern League with 15,000 going to games; playing in Blue and White hooped shirts, back shorts, and an Owl for a badge.   Work our way back. 

Has a certain appeal; compared to the shower of sh!t were are currently going through. 

• Like 2

Guest Mcguigan
1 hour ago, Rogers said:

FC Wednesday 2022 - starting in the Northern League with 15,000 going to games; playing in Blue and White hooped shirts, back shorts, and an Owl for a badge.   Work our way back. 

Has a certain appeal; compared to the shower of sh!t were are currently going through. 

The policing bill for the first home fixture liquidates the phoenix club. FC Wednesday PtII 2022 is formed.

Any phoenix club starring up in level 8/9 would be doing well getting 1,500, never mind 15,000. Couple of seasons of not getting promotion and when the novelty wears off, 150 attending.

Probably Bradford Park Avenue for me.

13 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Once it goes, it's gone as far as I'm concerned. The history of the club will be gone. Clubs that start again aren't the same club. When it inevitably happens, I'll be finished with football and will focus on other hobbies, interests and more important things than sport. 

Same here.

I will keep and cherish a lifetimes memories but that will be it for me.

• Like 1

Macclesfield and Bury are what makes me laugh when people say "oh all Chansiri has to do is sell, there's always a buyer". Macclesfield went to the wall for just £500k. That's a week and a quarter of David De Geas wage that no one in football was prepared to invest. People won't invest in failing businesses or else they'll fail too. 

As for me I'll go to Cambridge. Half hour train ride. Spurs are 45 mins the other way but I couldnt cope with more comedy failure. 

Guest Hornsby
1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

The policing bill for the first home fixture liquidates the phoenix club. FC Wednesday PtII 2022 is formed.

Any phoenix club starring up in level 8/9 would be doing well getting 1,500, never mind 15,000. Couple of seasons of not getting promotion and when the novelty wears off, 150 attending.

Probably Bradford Park Avenue for me.

Accrington came back.

More Admin than wall.

Rangers best comparison, except extra 5 years to recover.

11 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Rangers best comparison, except extra 5 years to recover.

I don't think Rangers are a comparison tbh. So many different mitigations which kept money flowing and fans around - and aside from the fact that they only dropped 3 divisions rather than 8.

Rangers and Celtic are ginormous compared to everyone else, which meant the fan base stayed because their only option was to go to Celtic to match what they were used to, and that was clearly never going to happen. And as they were only dropped to D3 they got a tour of Scotland for 4 years, grounds they'd heard of but never visited, rather than Pittodrie 3 times every year. Plus there was still enough investment and fans to (almost) stroll all the divisions. They averaged 45,000 in division 3.

How many would watch AFC Wednesday get to watch us play Dronfield or Athersley Rec? I'd still watch out for a phoenix club, but I'd probably drift elsewhere. As would many I bet. 

For me AFC Wimbledon is best comparison and best case scenario. Took them 13 years. Although I'd prefer it if we didn't claim to be pariahs and heroes while butchering a club like Kingstonian almost out of existence. 

14 hours ago, Basement Jack said:

That’s just what I was thinking

Football has been waiting to implode for a while

I remember talking about it a few years ago and no disrespect to Bury or Macclesfield but I thought a big club would go to the wall and the football world would really take note

Never thought that big club could be us

It’s so sad

THEN DC CAME ALONG.