Potential player walkout

23 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Won’t/Can’t refund fans

Can’t pay players 

Allegedly can’t pay non-playing staff 

But the scumbag Chansiri is still asking fans to fork out for 21/22 Season Tickets. With the “promise” of refunds and credits at some unspecified time in the future. 

The words “trading while insolvent” spring to mind. 

Screenshot_20210531-222930.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

EFL is not gonna be deducting points due to financial issues during a pandemic. Clubs haven't been able to make money

I'll be very surprised if your correct on that. Once the PFA are involved, that normally ends in a deduction.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Allegedly can’t pay non-playing staff 

Was with  someone on saturday who works for the club and asked her about non payment and she said it's not been an issue.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"FIFA regulations state that if a player isn't paid their salary for over two months, they can hand in their notice. If the unpaid wages are not resolved within 15 days, they can terminate their contract and walk away for free."

Source: (https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday-fans-message-chansiri-20714407).

So I guess Wednesday have 2 weeks to keep Bannan et al.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manwë said:

"FIFA regulations state that if a player isn't paid their salary for over two months, they can hand in their notice. If the unpaid wages are not resolved within 15 days, they can terminate their contract and walk away for free."

Source: (https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday-fans-message-chansiri-20714407).

We can expect to wait another 14 days then till this is resolved.

1 hour ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Worst case scenario….

Players walk out and we can’t sign anyone else. 

Manager and coaching staff leave. 

We don’t start the season. 

The club is expelled from the league. 

Chansiri sells the stadium and it’s demolished for housing/supermarket/IKEA etc. 

Thing is, I can see it happening. 

Loving how almost every post replying to this mentions we already have an IKEA, like it’s the most important part of the post lol

• Haha 4

Guest LondonOwl313
9 minutes ago, Manwë said:

What if we just pay the ones we want to keep lol.. sack off Dawson and Wildsmith 

I’m 50 and have knackered knees and a bad back so thought my chance of playing for Wednesday had passed. But given that I’d do it for nothing I think now is the best time to stick my CV in and see if I can get a game? I’m pretty rubbish but would still say I take a better corner than Izzy Brown. I also have my own shirt so that’s another saving. 
Given that we won’t have any players left I’d suggest any other wannabes get their CVs in sharpish so we can at least get 11 men out for our first match. I even have a biggish car so if we can’t play at Hillsborough because it’s been sold to make way for a Tesco or summat I can drive me +4 others (including kit)  to Rotherham or Barnsley depending on where we are playing. Would expect people to put a couple of quid in for diesel though. 

• Haha 2