Potential player walkout

Guest LondonOwl313
19 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Worst case scenario….

Players walk out and we can’t sign anyone else. 

Manager and coaching staff leave. 

We don’t start the season. 

The club is expelled from the league. 

Chansiri sells the stadium and it’s demolished for housing/supermarket/IKEA etc. 

Thing is, I can see it happening. 

How much would IKEA pay for the land where the stadium? Not much. If anything if he’s selling for that price a fans group could buy Hillsborough then just bin him off and start our own club 

Guest LondonOwl313
5 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

He HAD money to run the club. He now doesn't have money to run the club due to the calamitous way he has wasted it all by gambling it all in the first two seasons and having no apparent contingency plan.

That is the height of incompetence.

Well yeah.. but incompetent isn’t corrupt which is what loads of people level at him. 

Whilst hindsite is a beautiful thing and Chansiri could have ended up being the man to make is the next Man City.. 

However, I remember at the time of his acquisition of our club, myself, in a previous guise and numerous others referred back to a broken promise from Milan Manderic when he agreed to sell is to Haifiz Mammadov.. 

'he is a good man, a football man' 

Well that went to rat poo rather quickly cos the cheque bounced. 

Chansiris pocket money cheque obviously cleared and gave MM his profit. 

I dont blame MM as such, he is a business man and his job is to make money.. 

Symptomatic of  modern football I suppose. 

The fit and proper persons test is clearly a joke. 

3 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

He HAD money to run the club. He now doesn't have money to run the club due to the calamitous way he has wasted it all by gambling it all in the first two seasons and having no apparent contingency plan.

That is the height of incompetence.

Yep. He gave it to a manager with no Championship pedigree. Many people have a soft spot for Carlos but what if he had a manager in charge with promotions on the CV? Carlos bottled them big games for me. Really negative stuff shone through. I'd not heard of Carlos. Who had? Only Jose I think. Yep and all them signings virtually all left for nothing. The book 'How not to run a football club' should be a good read. All the time, when on the downslope, folk said 'Get football men in!' Oh no. And here we are... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Harrypopper said:

Whilst hindsite is a beautiful thing and Chansiri could have ended up being the man to make is the next Man City.. 

However, I remember at the time of his acquisition of our club, myself, in a previous guise and numerous others referred back to a broken promise from Milan Manderic when he agreed to sell is to Haifiz Mammadov.. 

'he is a good man, a football man' 

Well that went to rat poo rather quickly cos the cheque bounced. 

Chansiris pocket money cheque obviously cleared and gave MM his profit. 

I dont blame MM as such, he is a business man and his job is to make money.. 

Symptomatic of  modern football I suppose. 

The fit and proper persons test is clearly a joke. 

Chansiri said at a fans forum that Mandaric was a far richer man than himself. Which was worrying at the time. 

Fit and proper persons test just checks for major things like war crimes apparently. Absolutely nothing test.

We are currently trending on Twitter with rumours of players resigning.. 

With all of the rumours flying around we need to hear something from the club, we need clarification as to what is happening. 

Silence just fuels more speculation and rumours. What is the plan.. Is there a plan???

Also what can we realistically do as fans, are we happy to just accept our fate and turn up on the day?

Can anyone fill me in on the u23s form because the way things are going they will all be getting promoted to the first team in the near future, if we are in a position to start the season at all. 

There has to be some substance to what we are hearing. No smoke without fire.. 

The time is now for action to be taken. 

9 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

How much would IKEA pay for the land where the stadium? Not much. If anything if he’s selling for that price a fans group could buy Hillsborough then just bin him off and start our own club 

The current North stand at Hillsborough is the second one to be built in English football and the first to run the entire length of the pitch.

Due to its groundbreaking and unique architecture at the time it was built, we should apply to get it listed. That’d scupper any plan to sell the ground for anything other than a football stadium.

If Parkhill flats can be listed than our North Stand can surely.

https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/apply-for-listing/

Edited by TrickyTrev
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Whilst you’re trying to divert attention to that the clubs going under 

Its like arguing what colour of paint the chairs are on the Titanic after hearing it hit the iceberg

They were Blue and White and they sunk without a trace never to be seen again, due to the idiocy of the Captain of the Ship. 

If the players quit & he replaces them all with free agents on £7k per week maximum (for example). Is it punishable with more points deductions? As mental as it sounds, could this be the strategy of a madman to bring the expenses down faster? Didn’t Leeds United have a wage cap of £10k per week? Maybe he’s trying to force something similar? 
he’s an idiot 

I can’t believe we find ourselves not only back in league one but in financial trouble again and feeling like the clubs very existence is under threat. 

The last 20 odd years have been largely abject set for a couple of promotions back to what is effectively the old division 2. 

The play off final was a huge opportunity missed and no succession planning inevitably lead to a decline coupled with mismanagement of the accounts and a shameful points deduction. 

Chansiri has brought shame on our club. He needs to do the right thing and sell us for a realistic price to someone who knows how to run a football club. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Worst case scenario….

Players walk out and we can’t sign anyone else. 

Manager and coaching staff leave. 

We don’t start the season. 

The club is expelled from the league. 

Chansiri sells the stadium and it’s demolished for housing/supermarket/IKEA etc. 

Thing is, I can see it happening. 

There’s an IKEA next to Meadowhall. Can’t see them building another one.