Potential player walkout

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

When Chansiri has gone (and we HOPEFULLY still actually have a club to support) people will be looking back asking what 'side' you were on

And... just like when Dave Allen left all the supporters of this chairman will deny ever having supported him saying things like 'yeah he was a bad one - I never liked or supported him' 

We all know it's gonna happen

Don't worry

I still have 'the list'

55 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Does anybody think that he has done the calculation that the expensive players on our books, so Palmer, dunkley, Luongo, Bannon, Patterson actually have no sell on value due to their wages? So he is targeting some players, in this way to get rid of them for 'free' IE. No pay off

We then start again with a league one budget?

I’m not sure if that’s an attempt at humour but worryingly some fans will be thinking this type of thing, even if you are not personally.

So it’s probably worth clarifying that literally no good can come from players walking out on frees -

they will still be entitled to claim for any unpaid wages whilst under contract and they’d be successful in any court claim

we’d lose saleable assets for £0, again.

there would be PFA / EFL implications, points deductions etc

the club is tarnished again, no player or business will want to be associated with us

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Does anybody think that he has done the calculation that the expensive players on our books, so Palmer, dunkley, Luongo, Bannon, Patterson actually have no sell on value due to their wages? So he is targeting some players, in this way to get rid of them for 'free' IE. No pay off

Surely they’ll get a payoff won’t they? Or at least they’ll be entitled to one. 

13 hours ago, SiJ said:

Haven't we also just started up digging up the pitch too? 

Hillsborough by the Sea

Donkey rides, Helter Skelter, deck chairs, ice cream stalks.

We'll soon have enough money to pay the players. Another genius idea by Dejhon.

Edited by zzmdu
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

When Chansiri has gone (and we HOPEFULLY still actually have a club to support) people will be looking back asking what 'side' you were on, the football club's or the man who was chairman at the time.

And... just like when Dave Allen left all the supporters of this chairman will deny ever having supported him saying things like 'yeah he was a bad one - I never liked or supported him' 

We all know it's gonna happen

Did you support DC at any time then? 

5 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

The front loading of season ticket monies was my red flag 

Oh how they laughed 

Well your not laughing now FFS...

And the 10 year “Premier League” but potentially lifetime ticket was a really big warning sign that something was up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

The front loading of season ticket monies was my red flag 

Oh how they laughed 

Well your not laughing now FFS...

Mine was the van Aken deal , the price , the player ,it just stunk and reeked of a dodgy deal. Turns out it was just sheer Incompetence .  Never thought it would unravel like this though must admit . 

• Like 2

Seen posts on Facebook alluding to this being a cunning plan to get high earners off the books and then sign cheaper players. If its happening for that reason then chansiri is a bigger fool than I already have him down as. If its a way to get supporters to see these developments as anything other than catastrophic then the people posting it best hope he pays them on time. 

I wonder if there’s more than meets the eye in respect of the season tickets not being on sale yet.

are any other clubs not doing this yet? The club said it’s awaiting guidance but it didn’t stop us selling them last season.

in a time where clearly the club has never needed revenue so badly (and can’t pay the day to expenses) why wouldn’t we be bringing in revenue 

1 hour ago, nbupperthongowl said:

No. 

This would be a ludicrous thing to do if you ever wanted anyone to sign a contract with you ever again.

2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Seen posts on Facebook alluding to this being a cunning plan to get high earners off the books and then sign cheaper players. If its happening for that reason then chansiri is a bigger fool than I already have him down as. If its a way to get supporters to see these developments as anything other than catastrophic then the people posting it best hope he pays them on time. 

So it’s probably worth clarifying that literally no good can come from players walking out on frees -

they will still be entitled to claim for any unpaid wages whilst under contract and they’d be successful in any court claim

we’d lose saleable assets for £0, again.

there would be PFA / EFL implications, points deductions etc

the club is tarnished again, no player or business will want to be associated with us

• Like 1