Potential player walkout

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure those people posting that have sat and thought that through

lol

I've also seen people STILL calling the players greedy,  disloyal etc. for wanting their wages. 

Don't you just love Facebook?🤣

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure those people posting that have sat and thought that through

lol

And here's me sat here thinking they're paid plants like the fella in the other thread on here. You reckon they're just thick? Seems more than that, might coin a new tern. Facebook thick. I like that. 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Not even going to entertain that attempt mate

It's a simple question mate. Either you supported him in the early years or you didn't?

To pose the question 'Which side were you on?' is stupid IMO, as it is certain many supported DC in the early years but opinion changed as he made a number of increasingly poor decisions.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Does anybody think that he has done the calculation that the expensive players on our books, so Palmer, dunkley, Luongo, Bannon, Patterson actually have no sell on value due to their wages? So he is targeting some players, in this way to get rid of them for 'free' IE. No pay off

We then start again with a league one budget?

If true, how many players are going to be falling over themselves to come to a club with an owner who you can't trust and who is unable to fulfill his obligation whilst incurring another big points deduction.

Another fault with this suggestion is that it presupposes DC has an actual strategy.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

It's a simple question mate. Either you supported him in the early years or you didn't?

To pose the question 'Which side were you on?' is stupid IMO, as it is certain many supported DC in the early years but opinion changed as he made a number of increasingly poor decisions.

You're right mate - my apologies
I missed out an important part of my post (have added it now)

'When Chansiri has gone (and we HOPEFULLY still actually have a club to support) people will be looking back asking what 'side' you were on at this point and after all the evidence and issues that have been presented, the football club's or the man who was chairman at the time'

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

33 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

Yes they’ll advise that and the efl will probably deduct us points . They’ll do nothing to chansiri . The efl and pfa and whoever else the authorities are have far more power to force chansiris hand. So I do understand how the pfa work but how does that help us ? It doesn’t it just twists the knife , despite us employing there members for years and years . 

Total lack of understanding confirmed.

PFA are not a benevolent society for football clubs / their fans (customers) , which are, in essence 2 entirely separate entities.

Neither are football clubs ( & fans ?) altruistic in employing / supporting said PFA members. Whilst ever things are going well (or in SWFC’s case not catastrophically wrong) there is mutual benefit for all parties & tolerance of each other. ‘Success’ on the field= ‘happy’ customers = increased income (club & lesser extent players) = increasing profit (for owner)

I don’t recall (m)any ‘businesses’ sharing their profits (meaningfully) with employees yet they are expected to share failure 
You appear to be suggesting that the PFA should help bail out the club (& indirectly the fans) despite the current omni shambles being the consequence of the owners greed & indifference.

Blaming the employees ( representatives) & expecting them to fund the continuation of a (morally) bankrupt organisation beggars belief.

No doubt the pits, steel works & shipyards would still be open & thriving if the unions & their members had ‘donated’ brass to keep em afloat & worked for nowt.

Were all in this together (WAWAW?) - until it turns out to be a crock of sh!te

# and breathe 

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

If season tickets were on sale, how many of us would buy one off Chansiri?

Hopefully none. That’s the only power the fans have. But, there would always be some who couldn’t walk away even for the good of the club.

10 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

I think most of us are now really concerned about the cash we have invested in last year's season ticket and whether that will disappear due to administration

Nobody would buy a new one in the current situation

13 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Not a snowball on a gas ring’s chance - at the very least, I’d want to be sure we’d be capable of putting out a team and able to fulfill fixtures.

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You're right mate - my apologies
I missed out an important part of my post (have added it now)

'When Chansiri has gone (and we HOPEFULLY still actually have a club to support) people will be looking back asking what 'side' you were on at this point and after all the evidence and issues that have been presented, the football club's or the man who was chairman at the time'

Is there anyone left who thinks DC is behaving in an acceptable way at this point? There can’t be can there?! Surely??

Even if a bin bag full of money turn up and everyone gets paid to fend off this particular crisis, things have gone way way to far to think things are going to improve one iota before DC leaves! 
But if there is anyone left supporting DC I’d genuinely like to hear from them! 

6 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Not a snowball on a gas ring’s chance - at the very least, I’d want to be sure we’d be capable of putting out a team and able to fulfill fixtures.

Exactly this. I really want to go to the games. I really do. Even in L1. But what’s the point in paying anything at this stage? There’s a real chance there will be no games at all!

At a push if we limp through to the start of the season somehow I might POTG for a few games to say goodbye before we get liquidated. 
God I hope DC sells us before this happens!

35 minutes ago, Truth is out there said:

Total lack of understanding confirmed.

PFA are not a benevolent society for football clubs / their fans (customers) , which are, in essence 2 entirely separate entities.

Neither are football clubs ( & fans ?) altruistic in employing / supporting said PFA members. Whilst ever things are going well (or in SWFC’s case not catastrophically wrong) there is mutual benefit for all parties & tolerance of each other. ‘Success’ on the field= ‘happy’ customers = increased income (club & lesser extent players) = increasing profit (for owner)

I don’t recall (m)any ‘businesses’ sharing their profits (meaningfully) with employees yet they are expected to share failure 
You appear to be suggesting that the PFA should help bail out the club (& indirectly the fans) despite the current omni shambles being the consequence of the owners greed & indifference.

Blaming the employees ( representatives) & expecting them to fund the continuation of a (morally) bankrupt organisation beggars belief.

No doubt the pits, steel works & shipyards would still be open & thriving if the unions & their members had ‘donated’ brass to keep em afloat & worked for nowt.

Were all in this together (WAWAW?) - until it turns out to be a crock of sh!te

# and breathe 

Ok your right I’m wrong have a biscuit . We’re heading the same way as Bury and I hope/ believe that it doesn’t have to be that way. 

Guest Grandad
57 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

So it’s probably worth clarifying that literally no good can come from players walking out on frees -

they will still be entitled to claim for any unpaid wages whilst under contract and they’d be successful in any court claim AGAINST THE CLUB WHILE THE CURRENT ENTITY REMAINS A GOING CONCERN

we’d lose saleable assets for £0, again.

there would be PFA / EFL implications, points deductions etc

the club is tarnished again, no player or business will want to be associated with us