Euro 2021

I still think Croatia are the second best team in our group. The Czech's looked pretty poor, Soctland could easily have scored a couple themselves. Both teams struggled with any kind of ball retention. They just had two very good finishes.

The Scots had Dykes upfront FFS. Surely they wont pick him against us? At least Adams would offer some threat with his pace and movement.

I'd not be too fussed with a draw against Scotland because it's always going to be a battle when we play them. It's their cup final. We should beat both though lets be honest. Two low quality teams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bannofan said:

Having seen Scotland V Czech Republic yesterday, I think our group is wide open.

It's looking like Croatia are the weakest team, Perisic looks a bit past it, they have no cutting edge up front, and Modric can't do it on his own. 

My concern would be that Friday is a more of a cup final than ever now, Scotland have to get something out of the game. I'm not convinced our players are up for that kind of battle.

Czechs? well that forward looks like he could best Stones and Mings, Soucek will need some controlling and tracking with his late runs into the box, and they have other interesting players. They can definitely give us a game, and they beat us in the last qualifier we played against them.

Put it this way, I'm very happy we got 3 points versus the Croats, so effectively we need a point from two games to progress. 

It's all opinions but i'm baffled how you could watch that tripe yesterday and come to the conclusion both are better than Croatia?

The Czech defence was like the keystone cops on acid - they were dreadful - Scotland got the ball wide and round the back of them at will

There was very little in the way of progressive build up play and as many misplaced passes as you'd expect in a non-league game

I'm never confident with England but we should be taking these 2 to pieces

The caveat being the "local derby" element which will see Scotland raise their game to another level but we should still have too much for them

I don't feel confident with the manager either

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, scram said:

It's all opinions but i'm baffled how you could watch that tripe yesterday and come to the conclusion both are better than Croatia?

The Czech defence was like the keystone cops on acid - they were dreadful -

Tend to agree with this, thought they were both really poor teams. 

That said, a couple of times it seemed like Modric's legs had gone and he didn't even close a ball down (maybe the heat?), without him ticking i think Croatia are pretty poor too. We'll win all 3 games and it's up to the others to fight it out, but i wouldn't be surprised if Croatia finish bottom.

48 minutes ago, SiJ said:

England should have too much quality for Scotland and the Czechs.

Of course, there is then the question of whether we actually want to finish top of the group.

We do want to win our group because we will have home advantage 

we will have to play some good teams sooner or later. 

I think we would only delay playing a big gun 1 match if we finish 2nd but would lose that home advantage 

Personally just hope France finish top so we avoid them and we play Portugal/Germany in the first knockout round

• Like 2