Euro 2021

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I don’t think France are at their best but much better than Germany. Portugal will go through with France I reckon

And Germany will go through in third...

• Like 1

Varane and Kante would walk into any team in the world.  Incredible players.

Germany haven't been able to get a sniff because France have been so solid. Plus they ways look such a huge threat going forward with Mbappe.

Both looked better than Portugal. 

I don't see England beating France and I think we'd still struggle against the Germans. 

Who knows, perhaps this is the tournament where it changes, but I still don't fancy England whenever we come up against one of the big boys in a major tournament. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

I don't see England beating France and I think we'd still struggle against the Germans. 

Who knows, perhaps this is the tournament where it changes, but I still don't fancy England whenever we come up against one of the big boys in a major tournament. 

If you just watched that performance from them 2 and on the back of it you feel LESS confident than what you were there is something wrong because neither were particuarly good and as for Germany it's one of the worst performances I've seen from them since the early 2000s 

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

If you just watched that performance from them 2 and on the back of it you feel LESS confident than what you were there is something wrong because neither were particuarly good and as for Germany it's one of the worst performances I've seen from them since the early 2000s 

Have you ever heard of two good teams cancelling one another out? 

8 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Or an injury to Mbappe 

Yeah he's fantastic but they just bring in Coman or Lemar or Ben Yedder or Dembele. 

They would still have the best defence and lots of very good attacking players.

Edited by Adem Poric

10 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

What have you just watched mate? you can't have watched that and be MORE worried about those two. 

You are a strange chap. 

It's one game, France - the world champions - looked solid and just beat Germany in their own backyard. That's a Germany team with plenty of very good players who would still get in the England squad. 

I don't feel any MORE worried about those two than i already did, but I sure still wouldn't fancy England against either of them in a big, one off match. 

Sorry. 

France were in third gear but in complete control of the game, and Mbappe is quite frankly terrifying. 

I don’t think Germany played badly but they simply didn’t have the answers to this France team. 

Tonight strengthened my opinion on France winning the tournament, not lessened it. There wasn’t a single moment of that game where it looked like France wouldn’t win - and that’s against the Germans in Munich. 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

French look super solid. 

That defence is top class. 

Quite rare that the eventual winner starts all guns blazing 

Spot on.

France started the last World Cup with an unconvincing own goal to beat Australia and 2 other average performances in their group.

Tonight they got the lead against Germany and kept them at bay fairly comfortably. Let them have the ball without being able to create much and were it not for poor decision making they would have won the game more comfortably. 

Germany huffed and puffed and created very little. 

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

If you are basing your opinion of France based on one 90 minutes (in which they beat Germany with a clean sheet, in Germany) then there is something wrong.

France will improve but they did what they needed to do tonight, Rabiot is a poor mans Petit but it doesn't really matter when Kante can do the job of a fully functioning midfield on his own. Griezmann put a fantastic shift in, Mbappe is a constant danger no matter how much he is involved in the game and they looked decent at the back.

I didn't consider Germany to be anything to fear before hand and this doesn't change my opinion in that respect. They won't be pushovers for anyone but they will struggle to get to the latter stages.