Euro 2021

13 hours ago, markowl said:

Rammers called up to the squad.

Honours Board being updated as we speak...

11 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Think I'd rather play without a keeper

Come on now.

Sheffield United replaced Henderson with Ramsdale and it didn't work out too badly for them did it.........

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

That Germany performance was like watching Wednesday 

Plenty of the ball, zero up top and would be annihilated easily if the opponent really went full tilt 

Germany and Wednesday in the same sentence?

Bloody 'ell

• Haha 1

It's going to be Portugal in the next round isn't it. 

Uefa really need to sort out the ranking points system that determines the seeds. Having Ukraine seeded, France in pot 2, and Portugal in pot 3 is absolutely ridiculous. It's created a situation where it may well be beneficial to lose to Czech Republic in the 3rd game.

59 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Uefa really need to sort out the ranking points system that determines the seeds. Having Ukraine seeded, France in pot 2, and Portugal in pot 3 is absolutely ridiculous. It's created a situation where it may well be beneficial to lose to Czech Republic in the 3rd game.

I don't know, could easily be argued that Ukraine earned it by beating Portugal in qualifying

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Do we play the 3rd placed team from the Germany group if we top our group? What if that 3rd placed team doesn't qualify? I'll be honest I could probably Google it all 😂 

9 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Just seen that we play 2nd place from that group. I'd got it in my head that we played 3rd for some reason. Been saying that to people and now I feel a bit of a ********. 

Same. 

Kante is ridiculous, genuinely think he's on par with the very best in the world atm.

Everybody knows he can break stuff up and that his stamina is ridiculous (zoomed in on him in about the 85th minute last night and was barely sweating), but he also dribbled around two players yesterday, and his passing isn't bad either.

And yeah, Mbappe's speed is frightening!

22 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Kante is ridiculous, genuinely think he's on par with the very best in the world atm.

Everybody knows he can break stuff up and that his stamina is ridiculous (zoomed in on him in about the 85th minute last night and was barely sweating), but he also dribbled around two players yesterday, and his passing isn't bad either.

And yeah, Mbappe's speed is frightening!

He’s probably my favourite player on the planet right now. I watched him closely last night and calling him a machine doesn’t do him justice, he covered every blade of grass in the middle, and what’s most impressive is that he’s always thinking of the next pass, or to get into the next position after interrupting play and laying it on 

His forward thinking and awareness is what makes him world class. A true joy to watch 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

He’s probably my favourite player on the planet right now. I watched him closely last night and calling him a machine doesn’t do him justice, he covered every blade of grass in the middle, and what’s most impressive is that he’s always thinking of the next pass, or to get into the next position after interrupting play and laying it on 

His forward thinking and awareness is what makes him world class. A true joy to watch 

Couldn't agree more. For me he is in the same bracket as Ronaldo and Messi in terms of ability to play his role. yeah he isn't as skillful or glamorous but he is just as influential 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Couldn't agree more. For me he is in the same bracket as Ronaldo and Messi in terms of ability to play his role. yeah he isn't as skillful or glamorous but he is just as influential 

The way he he zips across the pitch is just astonishing. Makes a key interception and 2 secs later he’s on the other side making himself available. I don’t know how he does it 

24 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

I think we’ll win our group, France will win theirs & we’ll get Portugal (2nd) in R16 next & beat them. 

I agree with that. I reckon Germany will also sneak through in 3rd. We’ve got to break our Portugal curse at one point soon.