Euro 2021

Just now, Adem Poric said:

That was probably the worst half of football in the tournament yet.

You must have missed the Wales game! 

Just now, Adem Poric said:

It was dogshit though 

Spain have very little top level ability in the final 3rd at the moment, Sweden played to contain and did enough, it wasn't great but I don't think Spain were terrible, just not good enough around the penalty area. Pedri played some good forward passes, Alba made the runs and got the crosses in but they don't have anyone with instinct in the box.

Guest T Hardy

I know it’s early days and we haven’t seen everyone yet, but I don’t think there’s going to be a stand out team in this tournament. Could see another country completely fluke it again like Portugal did.

I’d say we have a great chance, but I’m not at all convinced by us defensively and our keeper.

Pedri is a lovely footballer, as is Koke. They don’t have great depth and refuse to play Traore. 

Sweden have two good players and are well organised. They didn’t really struggle tonight. Maybe a bit tired in the last ten when Spain could have nicked it.  

Guest T Hardy
1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Seems a bit strange that Spain hasn't hosted a major international tournament since 1982. Got some great stadiums in different styles in many cities that are worth a visit.

Not high up on the list because it’s already a football mad country. Fifa have said their preference for host countries now are parts of the world where football can grow. 

Kinda on this topic, I actually like the current new format of the Euros now it’s happening in different countries. I was sceptical first, but I think it’s a brilliant idea for nearly every country to be able to host a home game for a tournament. Hopefully in 3 years time there’s no Covid, and all countries can have a home game, then a few countries can be selected before hand to host the knockout stages. 

3 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Not high up on the list because it’s already a football mad country. Fifa have said their preference for host countries now are parts of the world where football can grow.

At the same time, once Germany has hosted the next Euros, both they and France will have hosted 3 major tournaments each since the last time Spain did.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Not high up on the list because it’s already a football mad country. Fifa have said their preference for host countries now are parts of the world where football can grow  rife for exploitation and making loads of money before clearing off. 

Guest T Hardy
3 minutes ago, Sova said:

At the same time, once Germany has hosted the next Euros, both they and France will have hosted 3 major tournaments each since the last time Spain did.

I know, and we’ve had the Euros. But FIFA’s vision is countries where football can grow, and the Euros is now going to have multiple hosts, so for Germany to be picked as a sole host, it will have to be the World Cup again. 

Guest T Hardy
1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Yeah, not going to dispute that. It’s the FIFA ‘vision’ though, and they’ll use it as an excuse to give it to third world corrupt countries going forwards. 

5 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

so for Germany to be picked as a sole host, it will have to be the World Cup again. 

Germany have already been chosen to host the 2024 Euros - sorry, I wasn't clear enough.

Seen Spain lose an opener and lift the wc before so.... not thinking too much about that. 

My prediction on this tournament is if England make the quarter finals we win it. If we don’t France will. 

I know that’s an odd way to view it all but I feel it in my gut that we will win if we make the quarters. 

Germany will be my favourites if they beat France. You cannot rule out ze Germans - they are inevitable in the euros.